Question about where to bat Hanley?

At this point, I think we should move Hanley back to the leadoff spot. Let's face it, even with the addition of Jones, we don't have a leadoff hitter. I think Hanley would serve us better at the top of the order with maybe Uggla batting third. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Until Jones starts or Hammer returns:

SS Ramirez

CF Ross/Amezaga

2B Uggla

1B Jacobs

RF Hermida

3B Cantu

LF Gonzalez

C Rabelo

Well I hope Hanley busts out of his slump in a big way. He has left a lot of runners on the base paths lately. We are likely to see the following...

J Jones

J Hermida

H Ramirez

M Jacobs

D Uggla

J Cantu

L Gonzoalez

M Treanor/M Rabelo

Pitcher

And when Hammer is back...

J Jones

J Hermida

H Ramirez

M Jacobs

J Willingham

D Uggla

J Cantu

M Treanor/M Rabelo

Pitcher

By the way, our roster has a lot of J names. Adding Jacque Jones really increased the totals.

I don't claim to know as much about baseball as a lot of you do, I've been a fan my entire life though and just based off of what I see this would be my lineup.

Hanley

Hermida

Willingham

Jacobs

Uggla

Cantu

Treanor/Rabello

Amezaga/Jones

Pitcher

I don't claim to know as much about baseball as a lot of you do, I've been a fan my entire life though and just based off of what I see this would be my lineup.

Hanley

Hermida

Willingham

Jacobs

Uggla

Cantu

Treanor/Rabello

Amezaga/Jones

Pitcher

I like it.

I would just change CF (7th spot), and C (to the 8th spot)

also, it would be Ross platooning with Jones in CF; not Amezaga. Amezaga would move to the role we really brought him here for. Utility player. He's one of the best utility players in baseball, and putting him on the bench, would allow our players to get occasional rest + he could sub late in ballgames, defensively / pinch running.

1,2, and 4 are all lefties

Splitting up left handed hitters is overrated. You put people in the line up where they are best suited. In this case, I would still bat Willingham fourth when he comes back.

In any case, Jones would be getting starts against right handed pitchers, so back to back lefties isn't exactly a disadvantage.

And Hanley isn't going anywhere anytime soon. They will stick with him in the 3 hole as long as the offense keeps producing.