Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jacque Jones Called Up

Featured Replies

I know everyone is madly in love with Jeremy Hermida and it's borderline criminal to point out that he's 4 for last 32 (.125) with no walks in his last seven games.

 

Maybe just maybe, he's not the guy to be hitting in the two hole after all unless he shows he belongs there. Currently he's an out 7 out of every eight times he comes to the plate.

 

Hopefully Hermida gets back on track but otherwise experiment # 2 with Hanley might be 2nd or 4th (although I understand the thinking that says get Hanley up in the first inning) "if" (big if) Jones comes in and provides some on base ability at the top of the lineup (or even dare I say the pitcher hitting eighth thing with Jones ninth, Hanley first, Jacobs 2nd, Uggla 3rd, Hermida cleanup (L-R-L-R-L etc.). If Hanley pschologically (at least for time being) needs to lead-off then Jones batting ninth is something to be considered as a legitimate option but again we need to see what he and Hermida can do going forward before we shake up the lineup and consider unconventional lineups.

I know everyone is madly in love with Jeremy Hermida and it's borderline criminal to point out that he's 4 for last 32 (.125) with no walks in his last seven games.

C'me on, man, he's only 24.

I know everyone is madly in love with Jeremy Hermida and it's borderline criminal to point out that he's 4 for last 32 (.125) with no walks in his last seven games.

 

Maybe just maybe, he's not the guy to be hitting in the two hole after all unless he shows he belongs there. Currently he's an out 7 out of every eight times he comes to the plate.

 

Hopefully Hermida gets back on track but otherwise experiment # 2 with Hanley might be 2nd or 4th (although I understand the thinking that says get Hanley up in the first inning) "if" (big if) Jones comes in and provides some on base ability at the top of the lineup (or even dare I say the pitcher hitting eighth thing with Jones ninth, Hanley first, Jacobs 2nd, Uggla 3rd, Hermida cleanup (L-R-L-R-L etc.). If Hanley pschologically (at least for time being) needs to lead-off then Jones batting ninth is something to be considered as a legitimate option but again we need to see what he and Hermida can do going forward before we shake up the lineup and consider unconventional lineups.

Well he is hitting better than Cantu and Ramirez through that stretch

I know everyone is madly in love with Jeremy Hermida and it's borderline criminal to point out that he's 4 for last 32 (.125) with no walks in his last seven games.

 

You can find a 32 AB stretch of suck for every player that has ever played a full season. It is a pointless excersize.

I know everyone is madly in love with Jeremy Hermida and it's borderline criminal to point out that he's 4 for last 32 (.125) with no walks in his last seven games.

 

You can find a 32 AB stretch of suck for every player that has ever played a full season. It is a pointless excersize.

 

 

You're 100% right. You can find any 32 at bat period for any player and provide anythng you want statistically.

 

I thought it corresponded to the right number of games since Ramirez moved into the 3 hole and the lineup was shaken up, if i missed by a day it was unintensional.

You're 100% right. You can find any 32 at bat period for any player and provide anythng you want statistically.

 

I thought it corresponded to the right number of games since Ramirez moved into the 3 hole and the lineup was shaken up, if i missed by a day it was unintensional.

 

The lineup shakeup is irrelevant to the performance of Ramirez and Hermida. The team had a bit of a rough patch for 6 games, that is all.

I know everyone is madly in love with Jeremy Hermida and it's borderline criminal to point out that he's 4 for last 32 (.125) with no walks in his last seven games.

C'me on, man, he's only 24.

 

Are you really still on this thing?

I know everyone is madly in love with Jeremy Hermida and it's borderline criminal to point out that he's 4 for last 32 (.125) with no walks in his last seven games.

C'me on, man, he's only 24.

And he's been unlucky.

If you want to ignore that neither Ramirez or Hermida prospered by the change in the lineup you're certainly entitled to.

 

It may turn out that both do well in this reversed order, Ramirez then Hermida, but the opposite at least this time around didn't work out for either. If one succeeds with the lineup as it was last night and the other doesn't I can't believe people here would want to continue with that lineup in tact if it doesn't generate results.

 

Why that is so difficult for some to accept is beyond me.

If you want to ignore that neither Ramirez or Hermida prospered by the change in the lineup you're certainly entitled to.

 

It may turn out that both do well in this reversed order, Ramirez then Hermida, but the opposite at least this time around didn't work out for either. If one succeeds with the lineup as it was last night and the other doesn't I can't believe people here would want to continue with that lineup in tact if it doesn't generate results.

 

Why that is so difficult for some to accept is beyond me.

 

I think the spot in the lineup will have an impact on how some guys hit but I don't think it would impact the majority of the players and I don't think 10 games is enough to determine that Ramirez can't hit 3rd. I'll tell you one thing, if he can't hit 3rd, as some people seem to think, then he shouldn't be in any of the "best player" discussions.

I think it is an experiment that will be revisited a number of times in the future, because hitting Hanley makes sense, in fact they make have curtailed it just to give Hanley some aid and comfort to jumpstart him again. I'm just speculating as is everyone else here.

 

Look at our schedule the next two weeks. Regardless of what happens lineup-wise down the road these four series will really shape our season. If Hanley feels comfortable hitting first as he leads the team to triumph after triumph, then Hanley is hitting first. It's that simple.

Jones really isn't a #9 hitter, he has too much SLG that he'd be more valueable at the mid-bottom order if he's not leading off.

 

Personally I wish we'd experiment with Matt Treanor there (Or Amezaga when he's in the lineup) if Hanley is going to continue leading off.

I know everyone is madly in love with Jeremy Hermida and it's borderline criminal to point out that he's 4 for last 32 (.125) with no walks in his last seven games.

C'me on, man, he's only 24.

And he's been unlucky.

 

Ok, so we are. Cool.

 

God damn, this place has some intentionally ignorant people.

Ok.

 

This is my lineups without hammer

 

VS LHP

 

Amezaga or cody CF

Hermida - hes just going through a slump but hes still hitting the ball hard

Hanley- he just amazing

Jake- monster power vs righty or lefty

Uggla- now hes just rediculous raising the ba to 320 fro 130

Cantu- can hit anywhere nd produce

Gonzo or Jacque- both veterans who can both hit

Rabello- natural right ovr 300 vs lhp

Pitcher

 

VS rhp

 

aflredo

hermida

hanley

jake

uggla

jaque or gonzo

rablello

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.