July 3, 200818 yr http://trades.mlblogs.com/archives/2008/07...in_florida.html The Marlins are looking for catching help, and a familiar veteran is in town. Paul Lo Duca of the Nationals is regaining his old hitting form after a long stint on the DL. The veteran played for Florida half of the 2004 season and all of 2005 before he was traded to the Mets after the '05 campaign. Lo Duca would be open to a return to the Marlins, but that appears to be a long shot.Indications are the team may not have interest. A search for relief help remains a high priority for Florida. Finding experienced catching help to complement Matt Treanor behind the plate is a challenge, especially since the team won't mortgage top prospects for a half-season candidate. Kansas City's Miguel Olivo spent '06 and '07 with the Marlins, and he may be on the team's radar -- Joe Frisaro interesting....i have always love the potential with his bat and we know that if he can put it togethe he is a top catcher....he has all the tools.
July 3, 200818 yr he has all the tools. Yeah except the ability to catch anything in the dirt... he does have a cannon though.
July 3, 200818 yr Yeah idk how I feel about this. Ok, an idea: how about no? We do not need anymore defensive liabilities on this team AND/OR strikeout machines.
July 3, 200818 yr EricWiener wins this thread... but cripes media, if you wanna keep going former Marlins, someone suggest Redmond for me please
July 3, 200818 yr LOL, who was dumb enough to speculate this turd? We should just have our guys throw to a square painted on the backstop. Just as effective and cheaper too!
July 3, 200818 yr Since we've discussed bringing back every other catcher we've had, I don't know why we don't just get Ramon Castro and be content with the three championships we'd win afterwards.
July 3, 200818 yr I'd take Benito before I take Olivo again. While we are on the topic of former Marlin catchers...what about Zaun? If the Jays continue to fall out of the race, he'd be solid.
July 3, 200818 yr bring Back Piazza to our misfortune i can not find a decent picture of our 2nd greatest catcher
July 3, 200818 yr bring Back Piazza to our misfortune i can not find a decent picture of our 2nd greatest catcher Too bad he officially retired.
July 3, 200818 yr EricWiener wins this thread... but cripes media, if you wanna keep going former Marlins, someone suggest Redmond for me please Mike Redmond is another solid choice. :high5
July 3, 200818 yr This is by far the funniest thread i have read in a while...reminiscent of the sarcasm Bill "The Sports Guy" Simmons used to describe the Pau Gasol trade to the Lakers...
July 3, 200818 yr For the record, I was being sarcastic lol Oh, in that case :fyou Redmond IS a very solid choice and I've made that case like 17 billion times
July 3, 200818 yr For the record, I was being sarcastic lol Oh, in that case :fyou Redmond IS a very solid choice and I've made that case like 17 billion times He's ok but nothing to write home about.
July 3, 200818 yr For the record, I was being sarcastic lol Oh, in that case :fyou Redmond IS a very solid choice and I've made that case like 17 billion times He's ok but nothing to write home about. Nothing to write home about is still actually an upgrade at catcher for us
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.