July 10, 200818 yr well since its safe to say worst trade in last 5 years was the Scott Kazmir for Vic Zambrano... I want to thank the mets for being so stupid. As for the fish best trade?...... The Pierre trade is looking great considering we got 3 pitchers and Pierre is crappy and overpaid. The Delgado trade is looking ok now that Jakes power is starting to really get going but the trade is still 3 years from really telling us if we really did rape the mets. The Hanley trade I think needs those other prospects we got to shine for us to take the advatange because as great as Hanley is right now Beckett and Lowell combo have been huge for the sox.
July 10, 200818 yr The trade with the Tigers was the best IMO. The Mitre Nolasco and Pinto for Pierre deal would be second. how do you figure? The Detroit trade hasn't even proven itself out yet. The Cubs trade gave us our current ace, our current setup man, and a guy who can start in any big league rotation (proved it last year in the 1st half). Pierre's no longer even with the Cubs...
July 10, 200818 yr The Hanley trade was better than all those. I think at the end of the day the trade will be a wash. If Sanchez doesnt turn out to be any good, then the advantage goes to the redsox. If Sanchez turns out to be pretty decent then you could argue we got the better end. What about Jesus Delgado? Is everyone forgetting our only representative in the Futures Game this year was acquired in that trade?
July 11, 200818 yr The best trade is the future one, Mike Rabelo for a "$5 off at Cici's Pizza" coupon.
July 11, 200818 yr Hey would you guys rather have miggy or hanley right now and for the rest of their careers? I love Miguel, but IMO it is not even close at this point. Hanley is a superstar who can do so many more things.
July 12, 200818 yr Hanley is better than Cabrera, Lowell, or Beckett when you compare player-to-player. If it's Lowell and Beckett vs. Hanley, I think the Red sox got a slightly better deal, although even at this point it's close to a wash. If Anibal turns out to be good and can be a 10-20 wins per year pitcher consistently, then we got the better end. Lowell is somewhat overrated and I don't think we lose much in giving him up. Beckett was good but like others have said, he only contributes every 5 days. Hanley does it every day. I think the best trade in recent years for the Marlins has to be the Pierre trade. Nolasco is a lot more valuable than Pierre, plus Pinto and Mitre as add-ins, we really got the better end of that deal. I think we will see the Detroit trade as being a really good one as well in a few years. I think Miller will come around eventually and will be a dominating pitcher in his prime, if we keep him that will be a really good move. Dontrelle Willis probably will never win another ML game in his life (once people started to figure out his herky-jerky delivery, they started hitting him in 2006. 2005 was a fluke for him, as the hitters didn't pick up his pitches at first because he has such an unorthodox pitching style. I really don't think Willis is good though, he'll come back up to the majors but will not succeed and eventually will be sent right back down). Cabrera is decent, but I think with his defensive struggles, weight gains, and such, that he's going to be relegated to a DH spot, and even there will be a .250 to .280 hitter with 15-20 home runs per year. Not terrible, but nothing spectacular. And I'm not sure how many teams want that kind of numbers from the DH spot. Even if Rabelo turns out to be a bust i think miller for those two was definitely worth it.
July 12, 200818 yr The worst was whatever they got for Luis Castillo. If we still had Castillo, there'd be no Uggla. Fact is, a lot of this has to do with how fortunate you are. If Bowyer would've stayed healthy, he'd probably be closing games for us right now, with his 100 mph fastball. Instead, we have a guy who's probably been the best 2B in baseball, this year...at worst a close 2nd (a Rule V pick :notworthy )...and we have Kevin Gregg closing games. For all the criticism Gregg gets at times, (and rightfully so at times), I'd say Kevin Gregg for Chris Resop, as of right now, looks like a pretty lopsided trade in Mr.Beinfest' favor.
July 12, 200818 yr The worst was whatever they got for Luis Castillo. If we still had Castillo, there'd be no Uggla. He's not saying we shouldn't have traded Castillo, just what we got for Castillo didn't turn out to be anything.
July 12, 200818 yr The worst was whatever they got for Luis Castillo. If we still had Castillo, there'd be no Uggla. He's not saying we shouldn't have traded Castillo, just what we got for Castillo didn't turn out to be anything. That was only the 1st sentence. You have to read the rest of the post. The part about being fortunate, etc. :thumbup
July 12, 200818 yr Hanley is better than Cabrera, Lowell, or Beckett when you compare player-to-player. If it's Lowell and Beckett vs. Hanley, I think the Red sox got a slightly better deal, although even at this point it's close to a wash. If Anibal turns out to be good and can be a 10-20 wins per year pitcher consistently, then we got the better end. Lowell is somewhat overrated and I don't think we lose much in giving him up. Beckett was good but like others have said, he only contributes every 5 days. Hanley does it every day. I think the best trade in recent years for the Marlins has to be the Pierre trade. Nolasco is a lot more valuable than Pierre, plus Pinto and Mitre as add-ins, we really got the better end of that deal. I think we will see the Detroit trade as being a really good one as well in a few years. I think Miller will come around eventually and will be a dominating pitcher in his prime, if we keep him that will be a really good move. Dontrelle Willis probably will never win another ML game in his life (once people started to figure out his herky-jerky delivery, they started hitting him in 2006. 2005 was a fluke for him, as the hitters didn't pick up his pitches at first because he has such an unorthodox pitching style. I really don't think Willis is good though, he'll come back up to the majors but will not succeed and eventually will be sent right back down). Cabrera is decent, but I think with his defensive struggles, weight gains, and such, that he's going to be relegated to a DH spot, and even there will be a .250 to .280 hitter with 15-20 home runs per year. Not terrible, but nothing spectacular. And I'm not sure how many teams want that kind of numbers from the DH spot. Even if Rabelo turns out to be a bust i think miller for those two was definitely worth it. That has got to be the stupidest thing i have ever heard. yes, miguel cabrera should be a DH, but no way in hell he will bat .250-.280 with 15-20 HRs a year. he will continue to be a dominant hitter for the rest of his career. He's just to talented to have those numbers.
July 12, 200818 yr Cabrera weight has never affected his batting, even this year, a down year for him he is still hitting near .300 and has an .OPS of .856. He's one of the league's great hitters and will be for awhile.
July 12, 200818 yr Everyone tends to forget how HORRIBLE Mike Lowell was in the last season with the Fish. That guy was pathetic. I thought his career was over. And Beckett couldn't stay healthy! I think we got the better end of the deal. Anibal will come around and I think the wild card in that trade is Jesus Delgado. If he can do anything, it's a win for us.
July 12, 200818 yr THe only trade that pisses me off is the Castillo deal. I'm still angry about the sh*t on that one. Can't get too upset though, they've made some better trades.
July 12, 200818 yr If we get Milledge instead of Jake and Petit, we would not have had the awesome experience known as the Jorge Julio Era.
July 12, 200818 yr I'd actually say the Derrek Lee trade was worse than Castillo's. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we only got Hee Seop Choi in that deal. Out of all the guys in the 2003 roster, D Lee is the one I miss most.
July 12, 200818 yr didnt we also trade away alex gonzalez in the beckett trade?? No, he was a free ageni that year.
July 12, 200818 yr Everyone agrees the best trade wuz the Pierre trade. I would not consider the Delgado for Jacobs trade great because both are similar players at this point. oh yeah, completely random here but without Mike Lowell's wrist injury there would be no Miguel Cabrera. 2008 might've been Cabrera's first MLB season if it wuzn't for Lowell. Too early to say who got the better of the Beckett, Lowell for Hanley and Anibal deal. Currently the edge goes to the Sox due to having a world series because Beckett wuz there ace and Lowell wuz WS MVP and an all star that year.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.