July 11, 200818 yr Apparently, the Phillies GM feels they need another big arm to make a final push. Missing out on CC Sabathia, the Phillies are now talking to the Bluejays about everyone's all-time favorite Marlin A.J. Burnett. Personally, I would love to see this trade happen. Link - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ett/index.html
July 11, 200818 yr It's talked about here too. Interesting move. He is injury prone and not dominant but still pretty good and the Phillies might be desperate to make a move and stay ahead of us and the Mets.
July 11, 200818 yr 5.23 ERA, 1.508 WHIP, leading the AL in walks. GO GET EM PHILS! Career line: 3.87 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 8.22 K/9 He's a good pitcher who's having a rough year and could easily turn it around in the 2nd half.
July 11, 200818 yr 5.23 ERA, 1.508 WHIP, leading the AL in walks. GO GET EM PHILS! Career line: 3.87 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 8.22 K/9 He's a good pitcher who's having a rough year and could easily turn it around in the 2nd half. I agree he is a good pitcher, but he hasn't been this year. I wouldn't take a shot on someone doing THAT badly this year.
July 11, 200818 yr 5.23 ERA, 1.508 WHIP, leading the AL in walks. GO GET EM PHILS! Career line: 3.87 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 8.22 K/9 He's a good pitcher who's having a rough year and could easily turn it around in the 2nd half. Electric "stuff" who is but barely above .500 career pitcher who gagged down the stretch when it counted for us. That said, he would be a good get for the fleas.
July 11, 200818 yr 5.23 ERA, 1.508 WHIP, leading the AL in walks. GO GET EM PHILS! Career line: 3.87 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 8.22 K/9 He's a good pitcher who's having a rough year and could easily turn it around in the 2nd half. Electric "stuff" who is but barely above .500 career pitcher who gagged down the stretch when it counted for us. That said, he would be a good get for the fleas. Because we all know W-L record is a good stat to look at for pitchers.
July 11, 200818 yr 5.23 ERA, 1.508 WHIP, leading the AL in walks. GO GET EM PHILS! Career line: 3.87 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 8.22 K/9 He's a good pitcher who's having a rough year and could easily turn it around in the 2nd half. I agree he is a good pitcher, but he hasn't been this year. I wouldn't take a shot on someone doing THAT badly this year. Yeah I know, I just fear that he will come to the Phillies and pwn us :confused
July 11, 200818 yr Author I wonder how long after a trade it would take for A.J. to have a meltdown on the mound and in the Philly press? I'd set the over/under at 4 starts.
July 12, 200818 yr I wonder how long after a trade it would take for A.J. to have a meltdown on the mound and in the Philly press? I'd set the over/under at 4 starts. I'd take the over and win since it would never happen. He's worth the risk to the Phillies, because they are not going anywhere with that pitching staff even if they take the division.
July 12, 200818 yr 5.23 ERA, 1.508 WHIP, leading the AL in walks. GO GET EM PHILS! Career line: 3.87 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 8.22 K/9 He's a good pitcher who's having a rough year and could easily turn it around in the 2nd half. Electric "stuff" who is but barely above .500 career pitcher who gagged down the stretch when it counted for us. That said, he would be a good get for the fleas. Because we all know W-L record is a good stat to look at for pitchers. W-L is good evidence when taking into consideration a guy like Burnett, who has never been able to elevate any of the teams he is on to victory. Wins aren't the best stat, but more often than not when a starter gets a W he did something to earn it.
July 12, 200818 yr 5.23 ERA, 1.508 WHIP, leading the AL in walks. GO GET EM PHILS! Career line: 3.87 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 8.22 K/9 He's a good pitcher who's having a rough year and could easily turn it around in the 2nd half. Electric "stuff" who is but barely above .500 career pitcher who gagged down the stretch when it counted for us. That said, he would be a good get for the fleas. Because we all know W-L record is a good stat to look at for pitchers. W-L is good evidence when taking into consideration a guy like Burnett, who has never been able to elevate any of the teams he is on to victory. Wins aren't the best stat, but more often than not when a starter gets a W he did something to earn it. Fail.
July 12, 200818 yr I was in the MLB.COM chat today and the Phillies fans were talking about A.J. Burnett. I myself have looked at his numbers this year. :barf If the Phillies make a move for him, I honestly think we are in the drivers seat to take the division.
July 12, 200818 yr Bring that 5+ ERA to Citizens Bank Park as a RHP... yeah that'll work out great for you! GO PHILLIES!
July 12, 200818 yr Burnett's a fly ball pitcher and being in Citizen Bank Park, those flyballs turn into home runs. :confused
July 12, 200818 yr I'd like the trade just for the simple pleasure of watching Hanley Uggla and Jake knock him around for a few long balls
July 12, 200818 yr Go get em Phils. Feel free to get him too, Mets. Nope but i'll gladly take Raul Ibanez.
July 12, 200818 yr He will get lit up in that band box in philly. i see them making this trade jsut for the sake of making a trade to keep the fans happy.
July 12, 200818 yr 5.23 ERA, 1.508 WHIP, leading the AL in walks. GO GET EM PHILS! Career line: 3.87 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 8.22 K/9 He's a good pitcher who's having a rough year and could easily turn it around in the 2nd half. Electric "stuff" who is but barely above .500 career pitcher who gagged down the stretch when it counted for us. That said, he would be a good get for the fleas. Because we all know W-L record is a good stat to look at for pitchers. W-L is good evidence when taking into consideration a guy like Burnett, who has never been able to elevate any of the teams he is on to victory. Wins aren't the best stat, but more often than not when a starter gets a W he did something to earn it. Fail. Massive fail.
July 12, 200818 yr I think it would be a big pick up for the Phillies. The Jays are playing bad in a good division this year. So his W/L should be thrown out. I would also say coming back to the NL will help him out. Especially with a lineup like the Phillies. I think he could be a big help. The Phil's have to do something too with Milwaukee and Chicago getting pitchers.
July 13, 200818 yr I think it would be a big pick up for the Phillies. The Jays are playing bad in a good division this year. So his W/L should be thrown out. I would also say coming back to the NL will help him out. Especially with a lineup like the Phillies. I think he could be a big help. The Phil's have to do something too with Milwaukee and Chicago getting pitchers. He's one of the reason's the Jays have been bad. He's been absolutely terrible this year. He has the worst ERA and WHIP on their staff.
July 13, 200818 yr Apparently, the Phillies GM feels they need another big arm to make a final push. Missing out on CC Sabathia, the Phillies are now talking to the Bluejays about everyone's all-time favorite Marlin A.J. Burnett. Personally, I would love to see this trade happen. Link - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ett/index.html I would never wanna see AJ in a philly uni it would hurt too much
July 13, 200818 yr Author Apparently, the Phillies GM feels they need another big arm to make a final push. Missing out on CC Sabathia, the Phillies are now talking to the Bluejays about everyone's all-time favorite Marlin A.J. Burnett. Personally, I would love to see this trade happen. Link - http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ett/index.html I would never wanna see AJ in a philly uni it would hurt too much After the way he left Miami, trashing the Marlins and the fans, I have no love for the loser. He is one player I will happily heckle if he steps into JRS in a Philly uniform.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.