Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Matt Lindstrom

Featured Replies

But...but...how will Kevin Gregg get his 30th save? Without it...HE'LL NEVER MAKE IT TO COOPERSTOWN...

 

*sobs*

 

:boo-woo :boo-woo :boo-woo

 

 

Seriously...I felt like hitting my radio tonight. Dave Van Horne almost made Fredi Gonzalez look like a sinner, for not giving Gregg another opportunity at his 30th save, tonight.

 

Then they made it sound as if Fredi was obligated to do so, before the year ends.

 

 

 

u serious that they said that? wow, that is just a sign that somebody doesn't do research on the game he's covering imo

  • Author

But...but...how will Kevin Gregg get his 30th save? Without it...HE'LL NEVER MAKE IT TO COOPERSTOWN...

 

*sobs*

 

:boo-woo :boo-woo :boo-woo

 

 

Seriously...I felt like hitting my radio tonight. Dave Van Horne almost made Fredi Gonzalez look like a sinner, for not giving Gregg another opportunity at his 30th save, tonight.

 

Then they made it sound as if Fredi was obligated to do so, before the year ends.

 

 

 

u serious that they said that? wow, that is just a sign that somebody doesn't do research on the game he's covering imo

 

Yeah, I'm serious.

They made it sound as if Gregg was KRod, and Scoiscia was preventing him from getting save # 57...or 58.

They were horrible to listen to.

  • Author

:Bump2

 

Lindstrom finally got some work tonight, in a non-save situation.

8-1 lead.

 

The inning had a rough start, as Miguel Tejada doubled off the teal wall in LF. But...Lindstrom came back to K 2 tough hitters, in Lance Berkman and Hunter Pence. He got a groundball to 2B, to end the game.

Tejada guessed right and hit the ball hard. To leave the runner on second, stranded tells me he's learning how to pitch. He struck Berkman out on a split-finger and set Pence up with two sliders only to blow him away with cheese. The last batter hit it on his hands and grounded out weakly.

 

It's nice to see he is getting that off-spead over. I told you he would be dangerous if he gained confidence in off-spead stuff. The fans should be so excited right now to see their team (batteling s.p.) and playing so well!

  • Author

He struck Berkman out on a split-finger and set Pence up with two sliders only to blow him away with cheese. The last batter hit it on his hands and grounded out weakly.

 

 

That's, basically, the only reason why I bumped it tonight. After Tejada hit that double...he made some nasty pitches.

 

If he can get that slider over for a strike more often...and put lefties away with his splitter; lets just say that's what we should be looking for, in his progress.

He struck Berkman out on a split-finger and set Pence up with two sliders only to blow him away with cheese. The last batter hit it on his hands and grounded out weakly.

 

 

That's, basically, the only reason why I bumped it tonight. After Tejada hit that double...he made some nasty pitches.

 

If he can get that slider over for a strike more often...and put lefties away with his splitter; lets just say that's what we should be looking for, in his progress.

 

I agree. It was nice to see Gregg do well too. He has been treated very very poorly. I read your posts defending him which I thought was a class act. You earned a lot more respect from me because I agree with a lot of what you said. It's nice to see the team doing well and working on all cylinders.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Lindstrom should certainly be the leading candidate coming into Spring Training, to close next year.

He got the job, and got 5 saves in his 5 opportunities, and pitched well in the month of September.

 

To quote Admin, "Lindstrom not only closes games, he closes stadiums."

 

Most Met fans might not know it...but we do.

After all the Mets' bullpen woes this year...they could've used Matt Lindstrom (a guy they once had). And not only do the Marlins spoil the Mets yet again...but this time Lindstrom gets the "save." The final "save" at Shea Stadium.

 

And...that trade could easily get worse for the Mets, pending the health of Henry Owens.

 

I remember when we made this trade I was thrilled...mainly because I had seen Owens pitch with the Mets, and thought he had very good stuff. And Jason "rip my nargas" Vargas sucked.

 

Lindstrom and Owens (1 lock, and 1 possible bullpen option for next year) for Vargas and Bostick (lollerskates?).

 

Anyways...back on topic...it was a good 2nd half for Matt Lindstrom. Hopefully, he can continue the trend, consistently, next year.

Lindstrom should certainly be the leading candidate coming into Spring Training, to close next year.

He got the job, and got 5 saves in his 5 opportunities, and pitched well in the month of September.

 

To quote Admin, "Lindstrom not only closes games, he closes stadiums."

 

Most Met fans might not know it...but we do.

After all the Mets' bullpen woes this year...they could've used Matt Lindstrom (a guy they once had). And not only do the Marlins spoil the Mets yet again...but this time Lindstrom gets the "save." The final "save" at Shea Stadium.

 

And...that trade could easily get worse for the Mets, pending the health of Henry Owens.

 

I remember when we made this trade I was thrilled...mainly because I had seen Owens pitch with the Mets, and thought he had very good stuff. And Jason "rip my nargas" Vargas sucked.

 

Lindstrom and Owens (1 lock, and 1 possible bullpen option for next year) for Vargas and Bostick (lollerskates?).

 

Anyways...back on topic...it was a good 2nd half for Matt Lindstrom. Hopefully, he can continue the trend, consistently, next year.

To sum it up once more...

 

 

And as far as Mets fans go, I saw one post from one of them on Amazinz:

Don't worry we should all feel very confident going forward with Omar Minaya as the architect of this team. Only fitting one of his awesome trades finishes us off.

 

So, they get it.

His final post line.

 

29 IP, 1.86 era, 1.07 whip. Strikeouts are a little low (19, 5.89 K/9), but his .BAA (.310-.224) and BB/9 (7.71-2.79) both dropped dramatically during the year. He also only allowed 1 HR all year (55 IP), and is was to Beltran.

 

The easy answer is yes. He's a more than adequate relief pitcher.

Lindstrom will be Great Closer- SU Man in his career but i cant wait til we have the

Tucker- Lindstrom Combo 2 Guys will Great FastBalls Sharp Sliders who Mow Batters Down

Lindstrom has developed the maturity to be the closer, I know we all would like to see him develop another pitch maybe a splitter but he can do the job right now

Lindstrom has developed the maturity to be the closer, I know we all would like to see him develop another pitch maybe a splitter but he can do the job right now

 

 

He already throws a Splitter, lol.

But its more like a Backup pitch when he cant get someone out with the Heat or Slider.

  • Author

Lindstrom has developed the maturity to be the closer, I know we all would like to see him develop another pitch maybe a splitter but he can do the job right now

 

 

He does have a splitter.

He throws it, frequently, to left-handed hitters.

Lindstrom will be Great Closer- SU Man in his career but i cant wait til we have the

Tucker- Lindstrom Combo 2 Guys will Great FastBalls Sharp Sliders who Mow Batters Down

I would definitely love to see that!!!!

Lindstrom has developed the maturity to be the closer, I know we all would like to see him develop another pitch maybe a splitter but he can do the job right now

 

 

He does have a splitter.

He throws it, frequently, to left-handed hitters.

 

Yeah he has the splitter and unfortunately if it gets hit hard he shy's away from it. I personally think it is his best pitch when he throws it down in the zone.

 

Hitters have a tendency to swing over the top of it. Both Jose Reyes and Carlos Beltran last year struck out on the splitty. I hope he gains more confidence in it for next year!

Lindstrom has developed the maturity to be the closer, I know we all would like to see him develop another pitch maybe a splitter but he can do the job right now

 

 

He does have a splitter.

He throws it, frequently, to left-handed hitters.

 

Yeah he has the splitter and unfortunately if it gets hit hard he shy's away from it. I personally think it is his best pitch when he throws it down in the zone.

 

Hitters have a tendency to swing over the top of it. Both Jose Reyes and Carlos Beltran last year struck out on the splitty. I hope he gains more confidence in it for next year!

 

Most pitches work better when you throw them down in the zone. But yeah i like his splitter. However just look at lidge he just uses to pitches and gets it done.

I stated very early in this thread that if Lindstrom had succeed at closing, which he did, he would earn the job next season. I also said Tucker is the future closer, but for the next year maybe 2 its Lindstrom

I would enjoy both Tucker and Lindstrom in the 8th and 9th innings. I agree with Dim0615. Lindstrom will close until he demands too much money or stinks it up which ever comes first. For now I hope to see everyone on the Marlins team succeed.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.