Two 20-game winners

Hanley is Clutch

As long as they stay healthy and productive and we give them the same run support we gave our B-team pitchers during the first half of 2008, I think it's possible. At least something in the 16-18 range, which is usually tops in the NL. I am really happy to have Wiley back, cause it does give me a lot of hope of this happening again. Some of this will also depend on the bullpen though, so we have to wait and see.

Dont get to excited buddy... Ricky will not win more games next season then he did this season.. point blank

Why not? He has done nothing but improve in the 2 real seasons he has played, and the way he put up his numbers wasn't flukey at all. It wasn't with overwhelming run support or by luckily getting out of jams with bases loaded. Ricky struck out a ton of batters and barely was walking anyone towards the end of the season.

If he pitches the first half of next season the way he did the second half of this season and has the offense we had in the first half of this season behind him, he could have 11 wins by the ASB. I know, that's insane, but lets put it in perspective: In the last two months Ricky NEVER gave up more than 3 runs in any game, meaning 4 or more runs behind him and he gets a W. If you go all the way back to May 9th, then there were only 3 starts where Ricky allowed more than 3 ERs. While I'm not gonna sit here and say we should expect him to win 18-20 games, I don't see a reason to expect Ricky to regress or deteriorate.

Dont get to excited buddy... Ricky will not win more games next season then he did this season.. point blank

Not fair to say. Not fair to say that he will either... but wins not only are determined by pitching, but by run support as well. He will either keep par or improve next season... and IMO this offense will only get more consistent.

Do you guys know how difficult it is to get 20 wins?

It took Mike Mussina till this year (in his very solid career) to get to 20 wins (and he got it, in his last start).

Nolasco & JJ can be great next year...to get 20 wins, they're going to need the offense to be amongst the best in baseball.

One 20 game winner is tough to have...2 is almost unheard of.

15, yeah.

I'll respond to everyone who quoted my comment... My main reason has been said already...

Its not that Im hating, think its a fluke, etc etc... Ricky has very good stuff and it def has improved since we first saw him. Im never a negative person, I always see the positive things in the fish. However, im not unrealistic. Im not saying he CANT win 20 games but its very doubtful. I was just giving my honest opnion saying that he will not. sh*t, I hope he does. This day and age its very hard to win 20 games. Thats why some of these threads are kind of pointless. I mean who says JJ and Ricky will be healthy next season. Ricky didnt run into any health issues this season.. It does not mean he wont next year.. Pitchers in the MLB are a coin toss all the time.. Barry Zito for instance. He still has not found his AL stuff...

Thats just my thought.. anyways, :cheers to ricky winning 20!

I'll respond to everyone who quoted my comment... My main reason has been said already...

Its not that Im hating, think its a fluke, etc etc... Ricky has very good stuff and it def has improved since we first saw him. Im never a negative person, I always see the positive things in the fish. However, im not unrealistic. Im not saying he CANT win 20 games but its very doubtful. I was just giving my honest opnion saying that he will not. sh*t, I hope he does. This day and age its very hard to win 20 games. Thats why some of these threads are kind of pointless. I mean who says JJ and Ricky will be healthy next season. Ricky didnt run into any health issues this season.. It does not mean he wont next year.. Pitchers in the MLB are a coin toss all the time.. Barry Zito for instance. He still has not found his AL stuff...

I agree with you there, but that doesn't really answer what you said. You didn't say he wouldn't win 20 games, you said that would not win more than 15. I don't see why not. He won 15 games this year despite missing the couple weeks plus spending the rest of that first month getting back to form.

I get what you mean by saying he probably won't win 20, but to say he won't win more than 15 "point blank" is a little much.

I agree with you there, but that doesn't really answer what you said. You didn't say he wouldn't win 20 games, you said that would not win more than 15. I don't see why not. He won 15 games this year despite missing the couple weeks plus spending the rest of that first month getting back to form.

I get what you mean by saying he probably won't win 20, but to say he won't win more than 15 "point blank" is a little much.

Point blank is a bit much, agreed. Maybe I meant to say it wouldnt surprise me if he didnt win 15+ No doubt he has the stuff to win 20+ but like I said, alot has to happen.. for him to win 15 let alone 20 you know

I think that the most important thing to look at in this entire dialogue is the fact that while it is unlikely that we will have a 20 game winner in the rotation next year, we have such a talented rotation(regardless of whether its scotty or andrew at that point) that any one of those guys can go out there on a given night and pitch a gem. They are all that talented and are fully capable of winning 20 games in my opinion. note that i said they are capableof doing it although its not likely they will do it.

When you think about how many leads the bullpen blew this year, if he has a similar year, it's very possible.

My point exactly.. thats why he wont, not a knock on the Marlins pen, thats baseball in general

Do you guys know how difficult it is to get 20 wins?

It took Mike Mussina till this year (in his very solid career) to get to 20 wins (and he got it, in his last start).

Nolasco & JJ can be great next year...to get 20 wins, they're going to need the offense to be amongst the best in baseball.

One 20 game winner is tough to have...2 is almost unheard of.

15, yeah.

sorry but to be honest Mussina was never a top flight pitcher and never had the stuff to put hitters away! I say OVERATED career andif he wasnt with the yankees he probaly would neverbeen mentioned that much!