Justin Miller heads West

Admin

MIAMI -- Justin Miller, who spent the past two seasons working out of the Marlins bullpen, has reached agreement on a Minor League contract with the Giants. According to an industry source, the 31-year-old right-hander will be a non-roster Spring Training invitee with the Giants.

After being used heavily in the first half, in both long relief and setup situations, Miller was placed on the disabled list with right elbow inflammation on July 5.

Miller was designated for assignment on Aug. 15.

In 46 games for Florida this past season, Miller was 4-2 with a 4.24 ERA. He threw 46 2/3 innings, striking out 43 and walking 20.

Miller joined the Marlins in 2007 and made 62 appearances, posting a 5-0 record with a 3.65 ERA.

Miller broke in with the Blue Jays in 2002. Early in his career, he was a starting pitcher.

The veteran has appeared in 153 games, including 33 starts.

MLB.com

Yeah Miller, you were good in 2007, but you were about as consistent as a 90-year-old man's bladder last season. Good riddance.

(Just to offset all of the love for the scrubs that are leaving or becoming coaches and the hate for the guy who filled a huge vacuum when Delgado was traded and, while by no means a star, managed to produce some key hits and power in our lineup in the meantime)

Yeah Miller, you were good in 2007, but you were about as consistent as a 90-year-old man's bladder last season. Good riddance.

(Just to offset all of the love for the scrubs that are leaving or becoming coaches and the hate for the guy who filled a huge vacuum when Delgado was traded and, while by no means a star, managed to produce some key hits and power in our lineup in the meantime)

Miller was actually more good than bad last year. Really, he only had one bad month, May. He had a 2.40 ERA in April, 3.18 ERA in June and the same in July. He only threw 2.2 innings in August before he was DFA, despite having a 2.45 ERA in the second half.

Miller was actually more good than bad last year. Really, he only had one bad month, May. He had a 2.40 ERA in April, 3.18 ERA in June and the same in July. He only threw 2.2 innings in August before he was DFA, despite having a 2.45 ERA in the second half.

Giving up 46 hits in 46 IP along with 20 walks is scrub (or semi-scrub) material in my book, and no doubt why the Marlins DFAed him. That and his penchant to completely collapse on the mound at times.

Giving up 46 hits in 46 IP along with 20 walks is scrub (or semi-scrub) material in my book, and no doubt why the Marlins DFAed him. That and his penchant to completely collapse on the mound at times.

I guess our bullpen is full of scrubs then.

Lindstrom gave up 57 hits & 26 walks in 57.1 innings. There seems to be very little problem with him around here.

I always wondered what kind of tattoos he has under the long sleeves.

He was in a tattoo magazine during last season. The guy is pretty much covered.

Justin is a pretty nice guy and is very easy to talk to. I always kidded him about getting a Marlins tat similar to mine. I hope he makes their team so I can have another opportunity to talk with him next season. I wish him well.

Agreed whole-heartedly.

Agreed whole-heartedly.

And I agree with her, for agreeing with you. It's weird the players the fans like...