Michael Vick used family pets for practice

El Guapo

lurid new details have emerged in the dogfighting case that led to Michael Vick's conviction last year and effectively ended his promising NFL career at age 27 according to the New York Daily News.

Vick, formerly of the Atlanta Falcons, who was sentenced to 23 months in federal prison last Dec.10 for his role in bankrolling a dogfighting operation called "Bad Newz Kennels" on his Surry County (Va.) property and for killing some of the underperforming dogs, placed family pet dogs in the fighting ring as trained pit bulls and "caused major injuries" to the pets, according to a 17-page Department of Agriculture report released Friday.

The Aug. 28, 2008 report describes how Vick and two associates, Purnell Peace and Quanis Phillips, "thought it was funny to watch the pit bull dogs belonging to Bad Newz Kennels injure or kill the other dogs." The report also states that in mid-April of last year, Vick, Peace and Phillips executed approximately six dogs by hanging and drowning. The hanging deaths occurred "by placing a nylon cord over a 2x4 that was nailed to two trees located next to the big shed." The men drowned the others "by putting the dogs' heads in a five-gallon bucket of water."

The USDA originally conducted a search of Vick's Moonlight Road property in June 2007 on suspicion of drugs. But authorities uncovered a grisly dogfighting operation that ultimately resulted in one of the NFL's most electrifying stars becoming its most reviled player.

If Roger Godell lets this P.O.S. anywhere the NFL again i'm taking him out myself....

he's serving his time. get over it.

Yea he's serving his time.... so we just welcome him back with open arms and let him make millions of dollars and pretend this never happened.... let me stick your head in a bucket till you pass out and lets see if you still feel the same way...or better yet let me tazer your a** to death... he's sick in the head,what he did to those dogs is something a person with real fu*ked up problems does... but your right,its only dogs,hey i'm gonna go buy his jersey right now and get ready to cheer him on...

Yea he's serving his time.... so we just welcome him back with open arms and let him make millions of dollars and pretend this never happened.... let me stick your head in a bucket till you pass out and lets see if you still feel the same way...or better yet let me tazer your a** to death... he's sick in the head,what he did to those dogs is something a person with real fu*ked up problems does... but your right,its only dogs,hey i'm gonna go buy his jersey right now and get ready to cheer him on...

Then don't support him. Nobody is forcing you to do that. He can still play football without your support, you know.

Example: I'm of the belief that Joey Porter is exhibit A of why sterilizing select people would greatly benefit society. But he gets by without my support.

If you're going to let other people who have served significant time (Jamal Lewis) or have committed crimes but pleaded out or whatnot (Ray Lewis, Leonard Little - not sure if he ever went to jail, but he did kill a lady while driving drunk and then picked up another DUI a few years later) then you have to let Vick play. Yeah, he's a deranged individual who did a bunch of sick and twisted sh*t, but we're still talking about dogs.

He did something wrong, he is doing his time... he will probably play again in the NFL, get over it.

Some people are too harsh on this guy, yeah he did something wrong and deserves his punishment and he's getting it, but it's not like he was raping kids or something....

If he weren't an NFL star, he would have received a sentence that locked him up many years longer than what he currently is serving.

I think the opposite is true.

I agree, the judge felt he needed to give a longer sentence to Vick due to the overwhelming amount of Peta members who spoke out and the amount of attention this trial got. If Vick was just another guy, he would've gotten a lighter sentence

It is still pretty ridiculous to me that Pacman and Ray Lewis are playing today and Mike Vick is locked up for dog fighting. It's almost as if the NFL places more value on an animal's life than a human's.

Of course, if I had it my way, they'd all be locked up.

You're comparing apples to oranges Marlin fans to Met fans. Ray Lewis was acquitted and Pacman was never accused of killing anyone or anything.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/84908-j...-were-just-dogs

and people said we made a mistake by not re-signing this guy.

Well he leads the league in sacks... so if we want a good football player we should resign him, if we want a saint then we can look in heaven. As long as the guy does not do anything illegal why should he be punished? Saying what you think is not a crime... he thinks Vick should be left alone, that's not a crime.

In no way am I condoning Michael Vick's behavior, but for crying out loud, they're ANIMALS!

I love how when an actual human being gets murdered, the general public forgets about it in a week... but as soon as you bring animals into the conversation, everyone is like "OMG HE'S SUCH A BAD PERSON!!1!!!!!!"

He commited a despicable act, but it's not as bad as some of the other crap that goes on where actual people are injured or even killed. Point blank, he is serving his sentence, now get over it and quit your b****ing.

It is still pretty ridiculous to me that Pacman and Ray Lewis are playing today and Mike Vick is locked up for dog fighting. It's almost as if the NFL places more value on an animal's life than a human's.

You're comparing apples to oranges Marlin fans to Met fans. Ray Lewis was acquitted and Pacman was never accused of killing anyone or anything.

PacMan's actions were directly responsible for a shooting... no PacMan that night, no shooting

did i say ''they're only dogs'' because i missed that part. this is no different than any other convict getting out of prison and being allowed to make a living. it's that simple.

PacMan's actions were directly responsible for a shooting... no PacMan that night, no shooting

Maybe, but he's not the one that pulled the trigger...

I've had friends do stupid sh*t, doesn't make me responsible.

If you give your friends a six pack of Blue Moon and hand them the keys and send them on the way... you're responsible...

PacMan decided it would be fun to "make it rain"... yeah, not so much

What does Pacman throwing money at strippers have to do with his friend doing something stupid?

If you give your friends a six pack of Blue Moon and hand them the keys and send them on the way... you're responsible...

He didn't get his friend drunk and hand him a gun.

Also, another big fan of "making it rain"...Dontrelle Willis. Never heard that Randy Messenger shot someone while hanging out with him.

He didn't get his friend drunk and hand him a gun.

Also, another big fan of "making it rain"...Dontrelle Willis. Never heard that Randy Messenger shot someone while hanging out with him.

"making it rain" doesn't automatically equal shootings... but I'd imagine the group Jones was with was a bit more volatile than a Randy Messenger - as evidenced by the sequence of events following it

So PacMan is 100% innocent and is just a victim of circumstance? He incited that whole mess... he started it, he's responsible

/prosecution

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.