Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Slogan voting

Featured Replies

I do not get the 97,03,09 you do the math one...

 

I have done the math, am I stupid.

 

93-97 is 5 years

 

97-03 is 7 years or 98-03 is 6 years

 

03-09 is 7 years or 04-09 is 6 years... it doesn't work

 

I must be missing something, because I do not see any math that says "they should win in 09"

 

Unless we are doing 5, 6, 7 then 2010 would be the year....

97...98,99,00,01,02

03...04,05,06,07,08

09

 

Bold=Championship years

  • Author

97...98,99,00,01,02

03...04,05,06,07,08

09

 

Bold=Championship years

ok, but getting to 97 since the teams founding we would have

 

93...94,95,96

97...98,99,00,01,02

03...04,05,06,07,08

09

 

I guess the theory is ignore the first 4 years and go from there..?

 

Fair enough, hopefully that doesn't win =/

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the years before 1997.

 

Basically what they're saying is we win a title every 6th year

  • Author

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the years before 1997.

 

Basically what they're saying is we win a title every 6th year

 

Still isn't right. Techinally they just won 2 titles in 6 years, or they won 2 in 10 years. Which would of made more sense for every 5, but that was blown in 07/08 depending on how you count. Oh well :confused

That slogan blows anyway.

I agree. I dislike it heavily.

 

Im in agreement also. Originally I thought it was alright but IMO there is another slogan which is perfect for the upcoming season, and it looks like several think the same way I do

FTR I don't think we should be discussing these - wasn't that the purpose of Admin locking the poll thread? But I guess I'm wrong if he hasn't removed this thread?

 

No harm in simply making a few general comments on some of the slogans.

It would be a different matter if people were 'ganging up' to elimanate certain slogans however as that wouldnt be fair

FTR I don't think we should be discussing these - wasn't that the purpose of Admin locking the poll thread? But I guess I'm wrong if he hasn't removed this thread?

 

No harm in simply making a few general comments on some of the slogans.

It would be a different matter if people were 'ganging up' to elimanate certain slogans however as that wouldnt be fair

 

That would be true, yeah.

Most of these comments aren't too harmful; there are certain people on this board who IMO could say certain things to sway the vote, but this thread isn't too bad.

FTR I don't think we should be discussing these - wasn't that the purpose of Admin locking the poll thread? But I guess I'm wrong if he hasn't removed this thread?

 

No harm in simply making a few general comments on some of the slogans.

It would be a different matter if people were 'ganging up' to elimanate certain slogans however as that wouldnt be fair

 

That would be true, yeah.

Most of these comments aren't too harmful; there are certain people on this board who IMO could say certain things to sway the vote, but this thread isn't too bad.

 

I don't like to throw my weight around like that :whistle

All I'm saying is that all the cool kids are voting for "Fishing for October"...

 

 

Dammit i'm not cool.

 

DO the Math!, Do the Math!, Do the Math!

  • Author

All I'm saying is that all the cool kids are voting for "Fishing for October"...

 

 

Dammit i'm not cool.

 

DO the Math!, Do the Math!, Do the Math!

this is why Florida kids are failing the FCAT test huh? The math hardly makes any sense. :banghead

All I'm saying is that all the cool kids are voting for "Fishing for October"...

 

 

Dammit i'm not cool.

 

DO the Math!, Do the Math!, Do the Math!

this is why Florida kids are failing the FCAT test huh? The math hardly makes any sense. :banghead

 

 

Yeah im definatly failing

 

Math NRT 97%

Reading NRT 92 %

Science NRT 89 %

 

Math FCAT Level 4/5

Reading FCAT Level 4/5

Writting FCAT Level 6/6

 

But pretty much any other testing is pretty avg for me

 

I undertsand though Florida FCAT and SAT scores are pretty low

Yeah im definatly failing

 

Math NRT 97%

Reading NRT 92 %

Science NRT 89 %

 

Math FCAT Level 4/5

Reading FCAT Level 4/5

Writting FCAT Level 6/6

 

But pretty much any other testing is pretty avg for me

 

I undertsand though Florida FCAT and SAT scores are pretty low

 

lolirony

Yeah im definatly failing

 

Math NRT 97%

Reading NRT 92 %

Science NRT 89 %

 

Math FCAT Level 4/5

Reading FCAT Level 4/5

Writting FCAT Level 6/6

 

But pretty much any other testing is pretty avg for me

 

I undertsand though Florida FCAT and SAT scores are pretty low

 

lolirony

 

 

I know im a good writer just a horrible typer

The Math one makes sense. Anyone care to explain "A Groundbreaking Season". How does that slogan represents the Marlins? Or better yet is there another meaning behind it that I don't know of?

The Math one makes sense. Anyone care to explain "A Groundbreaking Season". How does that slogan represents the Marlins? Or better yet is there another meaning behind it that I don't know of?

 

Groundbreaking --> breaking ground on the new stadium.

I guess the only positive "groundbreaking" achievement possible is winning the division, since we've already won 2 WS's. But that's enough to make it legit IMO

FWIW, I think it'd be cool to have the nominators of each slogan make their respective pitches. If not now, maybe when we get down to some designated number, like top 3 or top 5 or something.

The groundbreaking season one is horrible because it has nothing to do with the 2009 Florida Marlins

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.