Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Special feature in center field

Featured Replies

Does anyone know what Loria has planned for the special attraction behind the center field wall? Someone has posted before that it was going to be a mechanical marlins that will jump out of a tank each time the team hits a homerun, like the apple out of the hat at Shea stadium.

I was hoping for something a little more original.

 

I pumped up about the new digs and can't wait to get season tickets.

I believe it's going to be a mechanical Marlin that jumps out of a real fish tank or aquarium. Obviously it won't go through water, there will be a hole that is barely visable in the middle that the marlin would be located in.

 

There was also a beach and pool area located to the left of the centerfield marlin and tank...

The Marlins jumping out is already announced, as well as the beach. This "thing" that Loria is planning is a complete secret...as in, it hasn't even been rumoured yet

Dammit, I want a REAL marlin that is trained to recognize only home team home runs to jump out of a real fish tank.

Dammit, I want a REAL marlin that is trained to recognize only home team home runs to jump out of a real fish tank.

 

haha!!!! If only that could happen, it'd be sick.

How about an area where fans can throw beer soaked Mets gear at Minervini? Of course that would mean he is still here, but I have lived with that so far.

I think the Marlin jumping out the tank in center is a great idea- a la the buccaneers cannon ball celebration in the New Sombrero after touchdowns. Florida is truly spearheading the art of in-game celebratory theatrics :thumbup

I think the Marlin jumping out the tank in center is a great idea- a la the buccaneers cannon ball celebration in the New Sombrero after touchdowns. Florida is truly spearheading the art of in-game celebratory theatrics :thumbup

 

Being that I'm a pretty big Buc fan, I may be a bit biased, but the pirate ship is my favorite feature from any sports venue. Although the new Lucas Oil Stadium here is amazing to see - it's huge.

Being that I'm a pretty big Buc fan, I may be a bit biased, but the pirate ship is my favorite feature from any sports venue. Although the new Lucas Oil Stadium here is amazing to see - it's huge.

 

I'd have to agree. I'm an Eagles fan, and even when you guys beat us in the NFC Championship a few years back, I still remember saying "That Pirate Ship won them the game" :banghead .........well maybe Barber picking off McNabb twice (1 td) had something to do with it :mis2

I'd have to agree. I'm an Eagles fan, and even when you guys beat us in the NFC Championship a few years back, I still remember saying "That Pirate Ship won them the game" :banghead .........well maybe Barber picking off McNabb twice (1 td) had something to do with it :mis2

 

 

Those were the days...

a giant statue of David Samson as the "Colossus of Rhodes" straddling the outfield

 

 

A giant statue of David Samson is only 6 feet tall though.

I was just wondering. Someone mentioned that one aspect was previously confirmed. I think it was the mechanical Marlin. What was it confirmed?!

  • 2 weeks later...

How 'bout a dunk tank with Wayne Heizenga in the seat. Every time the Marlins hit a HR, he gets dunked.Yeah, I know. I would actually have to be an effigy. But for special occasions... :evil

  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe it'll be a slide for Billy like they have in Milwaukee except it'll be a water slide.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.