Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7/28 Post Game

Featured Replies

But seriously...DFA him?

 

 

 

hell f*cking yes. Tell me, what would you continue doing? I'm not getting on Hermida for this one little mistake this game, I'm getting on him for making these "one little mistakes" throughout his entire career as a marlin. I'm sick of it, and frankly everybody in this forum and watching this team is getting sick of it.

 

And I totally forgot to even mention Gload as an option. He is a vet, he has shown he can produce when given the chance, and he could provide for us what Luis Gonzalez provided for us in RF last season. Platooning him with Carroll is our best option. Yes it depletes our bench a little, but we have guys like Gaby and others to still pinch hit.

 

DFA'ing Hermida and getting rid of w/e is left of his $2 million contract would enable us to use the money to get a player just as good if not better than Hermida off waivers, which like I have said before is where this team will do its damage.

Wow, so now De Aza is better than Hermida because of one base running mistake. Dim, your hate is blinding you. You aren't thinking right now, you're acting on emotion.

I didn't get to see the game, so not sure how valid my question is... when Hermida got tagged out after his base hit, did the first base coach do anything to get Hermida moving back to first?

Just when you think Hermida can't sink to new depths of blissful unawareness(you can't call it lazy, I really just think the guy's not all there)...he goes ahead and pulls a stunt like tonite. The replay is worse than the real thing. He's walking slowly back to first like he's sauntering up to a urinal when he gets doubled up...no rush here, hey, it's just the 8th inning in a tie game.

.

.

There's no way that anybody is understating the ineptitude on display here. It's not acceptable, at least on a team that has playoff potential.

.

.

I wake up every day hoping I'll turn to this site and find out that Jeremy has been Sent down to AAA. There's no point in trading him. We'd only have to give up some medium prospect to get a team to take on this player's salary. Let him sit in New Orleans and maybe a team will come along with an urgent need for a prospect with ADD symptoms who's had a few years in the bigs with every benefit of the doubt given him to try to achieve.

Wow, so now De Aza is better than Hermida because of one base running mistake. Dim, your hate is blinding you. You aren't thinking right now, you're acting on emotion.

 

 

"I can feel the hate flowing through you. Release your anger and your journey towards the Dark Side will be complete!"

Wow, so now De Aza is better than Hermida because of one base running mistake. Dim, your hate is blinding you. You aren't thinking right now, you're acting on emotion.

 

 

 

I've seen Hermida for long enough. It's not blind hate, it's watching Hermida day in and day out and constantly seeing him put up little to no production. I honestly believe De Aza would do a better job in RF than Hermida, srsly.

Just when you think Hermida can't sink to new depths of blissful unawareness(you can't call it lazy, I really just think the guy's not all there)...he goes ahead and pulls a stunt like tonite. The replay is worse than the real thing. He's walking slowly back to first like he's sauntering up to a urinal when he gets doubled up...no rush here, hey, it's just the 8th inning in a tie game.

 

 

I often use the term Space Cadet with Hermida

God, this is why I'm always stuck defending Hermida. It's not because I like him, it's not because I think he's awesome, but it's because some of you are SOOOOOOOOO extremist when it comes to him it's just ridiculous, and my saying that he doesn't completely suck and still serves a purpose on this team becomes a defense of him.

 

Even in this month where he's hit .230 or something sh*tty like that, he's still hitting .281 vs RHP. He serves a need. God, with our batting what it is, to say to replace him with someone like DeAza or Carroll against RHP is just idiotic.

 

God, with how critical I've been about Hermida since 2007, I never thought I'd be on this side of it. But so many extremists has forced me into the position of logic.

An extremist would be saying these kind of statements after one bad play. I have said these kind of statements since before I have joined this board. I personally feel he does not deserve to put a major league uniform on the way I have seen him play. Bring all the stats you want, I watch baseball, and from what I have seen of Hermida he is hurting this team more than he is helping.

God, this is why I'm always stuck defending Hermida. It's not because I like him, it's not because I think he's awesome, but it's because some of you are SOOOOOOOOO extremist when it comes to him it's just ridiculous, and my saying that he doesn't completely suck and still serves a purpose on this team becomes a defense of him.

 

Even in this month where he's hit .230 or something sh*tty like that, he's still hitting .281 vs RHP. He serves a need. God, with our batting what it is, to say to replace him with someone like DeAza or Carroll against RHP is just idiotic.

 

God, with how critical I've been about Hermida since 2007, I never thought I'd be on this side of it. But so many extremists has forced me into the position of logic.

 

 

You were?

An extremist would be saying these kind of statements after one bad play. I have said these kind of statements since before I have joined this board. I personally feel he does not deserve to put a major league uniform on the way I have seen him play. Bring all the stats you want, I watch baseball, and from what I have seen of Hermida he is hurting this team more than he is helping.

 

 

Stats suggest otherwise. Hermida platooning with BC gets the job done in RF.

An extremist would be saying these kind of statements after one bad play. I have said these kind of statements since before I have joined this board. I personally feel he does not deserve to put a major league uniform on the way I have seen him play. Bring all the stats you want, I watch baseball, and from what I have seen of Hermida he is hurting this team more than he is helping.

 

 

Stats suggest otherwise. Hermida platooning with BC gets the job done in RF.

 

 

You can use your numbers on this issue, I can use what I have seen in this game, as games are not won and lost on the stat sheet. Hermida has not shown his worth as a major leaguer to me, and many people would agree with my opinion.

An extremist would be saying these kind of statements after one bad play. I have said these kind of statements since before I have joined this board. I personally feel he does not deserve to put a major league uniform on the way I have seen him play. Bring all the stats you want, I watch baseball, and from what I have seen of Hermida he is hurting this team more than he is helping.

 

 

Stats suggest otherwise. Hermida platooning with BC gets the job done in RF.

 

This, This, This 1,000 Times This.

An extremist would be saying these kind of statements after one bad play. I have said these kind of statements since before I have joined this board. I personally feel he does not deserve to put a major league uniform on the way I have seen him play. Bring all the stats you want, I watch baseball, and from what I have seen of Hermida he is hurting this team more than he is helping.

 

Oh, I'm sorry. I don't actually watch the games. I just read the stats. Actually, I wait till the next day an convert the box score into binary, so I get to even see the names as 0's and 1's. So, 01001000011001010111001001101101011010010110010001100001001000000110100001101

00101110100001001110111001100100000010100100100100001010000001000000110000101

11001100100000011001110110111101101111011001000010000001100001011100110010000

00110000101101110011110010110111101101110011001010010000001101111011011100010

0000011101000110100001100101001000000111010001100101011000010110110100101110

 

Seriously though, when is this kind of stupidity going to end. When are people just going to realize that stats, especially offensive stats, are nothing more than a recording of what has occurred. If a dude goes up there and strikes out every AB, he won't have a good 1.000 OPS. No, stats don't win games. But it's the games, the ones you watch, that make the stats exist!

 

And you, you're watching is so full of bias. Your eyes lie to you, it's just the way we are built as human beings. I hate that when someone like me comes in and lays something without extremes we just get "well, I watch games not stats". At what point did a deeper understanding of how things occur and what occurred become a negative?

 

Oh, and at the end, you're wrong. You're just wrong.

An extremist would be saying these kind of statements after one bad play. I have said these kind of statements since before I have joined this board. I personally feel he does not deserve to put a major league uniform on the way I have seen him play. Bring all the stats you want, I watch baseball, and from what I have seen of Hermida he is hurting this team more than he is helping.

 

+1.

.

I saw the batting potential, but it hasn't clicked. Let's move on. Send him to AAA.

Perhaps, if no team gets desperate enough, then bring him back in September to use as a LH PH'er and emergency fielder.

An extremist would be saying these kind of statements after one bad play. I have said these kind of statements since before I have joined this board. I personally feel he does not deserve to put a major league uniform on the way I have seen him play. Bring all the stats you want, I watch baseball, and from what I have seen of Hermida he is hurting this team more than he is helping.

 

Oh, I'm sorry. I don't actually watch the games. I just read the stats. Actually, I wait till the next day an convert the box score into binary, so I get to even see the names as 0's and 1's. So, 01001000011001010111001001101101011010010110010001100001001000000110

1000011010010111010000100111011100110010000001010010010010000101000000100000011000010111

00110010000001100111011011110110111101100100001000000110000101110011001000000110

0010110111001111001011011110110111001100101001000000110111101101110001000000111010

00110100001100101001000000111010001100101011000010110110100101110

 

Seriously though, when is this kind of stupidity going to end. When are people just going to realize that stats, especially offensive stats, are nothing more than a recording of what has occurred. If a dude goes up there and strikes out every AB, he won't have a good 1.000 OPS. No, stats don't win games. But it's the games, the ones you watch, that make the stats exist!

 

And you, you're watching is so full of bias. Your eyes lie to you, it's just the way we are built as human beings. I hate that when someone like me comes in and lays something without extremes we just get "well, I watch games not stats". At what point did a deeper understanding of how things occur and what occurred become a negative?

 

Oh, and at the end, you're wrong. You're just wrong.

 

 

You know Rab that I use stats to back up arguments the majority of the time, I believe stats are a good representative of what has occured. But certain stats do not measure how Hermida has failed as a RFer, incidents like that in the 8th inning today are a good indication. There are certain players you trust when they come to bat and there are others you don't. For years Hermida has fallen under the category of those you don't, and especially this year.

An extremist would be saying these kind of statements after one bad play. I have said these kind of statements since before I have joined this board. I personally feel he does not deserve to put a major league uniform on the way I have seen him play. Bring all the stats you want, I watch baseball, and from what I have seen of Hermida he is hurting this team more than he is helping.

 

 

Stats suggest otherwise. Hermida platooning with BC gets the job done in RF.

 

 

You can use your numbers on this issue, I can use what I have seen in this game, as games are not won and lost on the stat sheet. Hermida has not shown his worth as a major leaguer to me, and many people would agree with my opinion.

 

 

Dude, listen to your self. Because of one mistake tonight, you're going apesh!t. He still has a place on this team, whether you like it or not,

An extremist would be saying these kind of statements after one bad play. I have said these kind of statements since before I have joined this board. I personally feel he does not deserve to put a major league uniform on the way I have seen him play. Bring all the stats you want, I watch baseball, and from what I have seen of Hermida he is hurting this team more than he is helping.

 

 

Stats suggest otherwise. Hermida platooning with BC gets the job done in RF.

 

 

You can use your numbers on this issue, I can use what I have seen in this game, as games are not won and lost on the stat sheet. Hermida has not shown his worth as a major leaguer to me, and many people would agree with my opinion.

 

He showed me his worth in the 2nd Half of 2007 and the fact that he's batting .294 in his career with RISP.

 

He may get lazy and make baseball look a lot harder then it actually is at times but he is a MLB worthy player who just is i'm just going to leave it at extremely lazy.

For those calling him lazy, c'mon. What do you really think? To me he's not lazy. He appears to be trying his best. He's just not "aware". Call it what you will..... ADD, space cadet, deer in headlights, etc. He's trying, it's just not all clicking somehow.

An extremist would be saying these kind of statements after one bad play. I have said these kind of statements since before I have joined this board. I personally feel he does not deserve to put a major league uniform on the way I have seen him play. Bring all the stats you want, I watch baseball, and from what I have seen of Hermida he is hurting this team more than he is helping.

 

 

Stats suggest otherwise. Hermida platooning with BC gets the job done in RF.

 

 

You can use your numbers on this issue, I can use what I have seen in this game, as games are not won and lost on the stat sheet. Hermida has not shown his worth as a major leaguer to me, and many people would agree with my opinion.

 

He showed me his worth in the 2nd Half of 2007 and the fact that he's batting .294 in his career with RISP.

 

He may get lazy and make baseball look a lot harder then it actually is at times but he is a MLB worthy player who just is i'm just going to leave it at extremely lazy.

 

 

 

There is one issue here MMP. You cannot continue to live in the past and look at 2007 numbers. His numbers in 2008 and 2009 have been horrendous, he does not show any sort of improvement that warrants for time on the field. He is simply not playing like a major leaguer as of late, and there are better options than Hermida on this team imo. I have stated before, you don't watch a game and immediately run over to the score sheet for analysis, you watch the replays, and that is how I have judged Hermida. His effort on the field has been below par, and the fact that there will be better options on the waiver wire in August than him for a cheaper price makes it all the more while to trade him if he still has any worth, and if he doesn't let him go and have a chance in a park that is good for lefties.

You know Rab that I use stats to back up arguments the majority of the time, I believe stats are a good representative of what has occured. But

 

The rest of this post should have gone "but since they don't back up my argument in this case, to hell with them!".

You know Rab that I use stats to back up arguments the majority of the time, I believe stats are a good representative of what has occured. But certain stats do not measure how Hermida has failed as a RFer, incidents like that in the 8th inning today are a good indication. There are certain players you trust when they come to bat and there are others you don't. For years Hermida has fallen under the category of those you don't, and especially this year.

 

Look, you can't use stats to build things up when you agree with them and then just say "oh, well I actually watch the games, not the box scores" when you disagree. That's called hypocrisy.

 

Yes, Hermida's a f***ing idiot in baseball. I know some here see me as some kind of Hermida lover because I'm constantly defending him against the constant "lets toss him out the window and not worry about the consequences" but as only a few people on here know, I kinda hate him. He's an idiot, he's always got his f***ing head in the sky and he shows a minimal amount of hustle. I see guys like him out there, with their physical abilities, and think to myself "if that f*** face had half the hustle I do when I play ball, he'd be awesome" and I find myself pissed off that I, with the hustle I always put in to catching every single fly ball, am sitting in the stands while this dick who doesn't seem to give a sh*t that all this genetically fell in his lap gets to stand out there in the field.

 

But all that is neither here nor there. Does it matter if I think he's lazy or dumb? Not at all because I want my team to win. And one thing that helps my team win is him being one of our best hitters vs RHP, while putting up average defense (yes, don't make me go into this again) and platooning with Brett Carroll's .700 OPS and incredible defense vs LHP. It's one of the few things we've had going for us (even though BC seems to be falling off a bit). We just don't have a replacement for Hermida right now. Some say Maybin. Sure, we thought that in March too, how'd that work out? And then guys like DeAza? Are you kidding me with that?

 

I want my team to win. I don't like Hermida but he's frankly the best we can do right now. DFAing him would be a GIANT mistake. I mean huge.

An extremist would be saying these kind of statements after one bad play. I have said these kind of statements since before I have joined this board. I personally feel he does not deserve to put a major league uniform on the way I have seen him play. Bring all the stats you want, I watch baseball, and from what I have seen of Hermida he is hurting this team more than he is helping.

 

 

Stats suggest otherwise. Hermida platooning with BC gets the job done in RF.

 

 

You can use your numbers on this issue, I can use what I have seen in this game, as games are not won and lost on the stat sheet. Hermida has not shown his worth as a major leaguer to me, and many people would agree with my opinion.

 

He showed me his worth in the 2nd Half of 2007 and the fact that he's batting .294 in his career with RISP.

 

He may get lazy and make baseball look a lot harder then it actually is at times but he is a MLB worthy player who just is i'm just going to leave it at extremely lazy.

 

 

 

There is one issue here MMP. You cannot continue to live in the past and look at 2007 numbers. His numbers in 2008 and 2009 have been horrendous, he does not show any sort of improvement that warrants for time on the field. He is simply not playing like a major leaguer as of late, and there are better options than Hermida on this team imo. I have stated before, you don't watch a game and immediately run over to the score sheet for analysis, you watch the replays, and that is how I have judged Hermida. His effort on the field has been below par, and the fact that there will be better options on the waiver wire in August than him for a cheaper price makes it all the more while to trade him if he still has any worth, and if he doesn't let him go and have a chance in a park that is good for lefties.

 

That is where you're wrong. There aren't better options than Hermida on this team, and I doubt there is going to be better yet cheaper options in August.

Hermida isn't worthless, and he has a place on this team. Little base running mistakes or him not hustling do not dispute that. He hits righties well, and BC hits lefties well. We will continue to platoon them, and get good production from Right Field.

You know Rab that I use stats to back up arguments the majority of the time, I believe stats are a good representative of what has occured. But

 

The rest of this post should have gone "but since they don't back up my argument in this case, to hell with them!".

 

 

I wasn't avoiding the stats. He's batting .248 this year and still has not shown what kind of hitter he is. He still has shown minimal power, he still has shown he is not a contact hitter, he still has shown he shouldn't be in games because of his defense. What do you do with him?

 

I mean he's a career .263 hitter with average numbers across the board. Sure he has been ok against RHP this year, but his numbers versus them are nothing to jump up for joy about, and last year he was just as bad against RHP as he was against LHP. When do we stop kidding ourselves and just admit we have an average hitter with below average defense on the team? I mean I am not being subjected to simply today's game, but throughout this season Gload has continued to put up numbers that are begging to just give him a chance in RF. His stats are better against RHP than Hermida's are, and I feel the team improves with guys like Gload platooning with Carroll as apposed to Hermida.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.