July 29, 200917 yr God, this is why I'm always stuck defending Hermida. It's not because I like him, it's not because I think he's awesome, but it's because some of you are SOOOOOOOOO extremist when it comes to him it's just ridiculous, and my saying that he doesn't completely suck and still serves a purpose on this team becomes a defense of him. Even in this month where he's hit .230 or something sh*tty like that, he's still hitting .281 vs RHP. He serves a need. God, with our batting what it is, to say to replace him with someone like DeAza or Carroll against RHP is just idiotic. God, with how critical I've been about Hermida since 2007, I never thought I'd be on this side of it. But so many extremists has forced me into the position of logic. AHEM. You mean you are showing the other side of the coin?? Sorry Rab. Couldn't help myself there. I thought Jeremy was gone last year at this time. Then as he was basically benched towards the end of last season I just knew he would be gone. Then I gave him the benefit of the doubt when they switched him to LF in the off season. Actually thought that would help his overall game. But now that he has lost that job........... It has nothing to do with a brain fart on the bases last night. Happens to everyone from time to time. It has more to do with how the coaches and FO are, and have in the past, acting towards him. I don't know if I would actually say he lost the job in left field and if so, I wouldn't say it was because he performed badly (if that is what you mean). He was moved back to right field when Maybin was sent back to the minors and they brought up Coghlan, to play left because it is said to be an easier position. Hermida had experience in right field and it makes sense to move him back instead of teaching a rookie a more difficult position. And how do you mean the coaches and FO act towards him?
July 29, 200917 yr God, this is why I'm always stuck defending Hermida. It's not because I like him, it's not because I think he's awesome, but it's because some of you are SOOOOOOOOO extremist when it comes to him it's just ridiculous, and my saying that he doesn't completely suck and still serves a purpose on this team becomes a defense of him. Even in this month where he's hit .230 or something sh*tty like that, he's still hitting .281 vs RHP. He serves a need. God, with our batting what it is, to say to replace him with someone like DeAza or Carroll against RHP is just idiotic. God, with how critical I've been about Hermida since 2007, I never thought I'd be on this side of it. But so many extremists has forced me into the position of logic. AHEM. You mean you are showing the other side of the coin?? Sorry Rab. Couldn't help myself there. I thought Jeremy was gone last year at this time. Then as he was basically benched towards the end of last season I just knew he would be gone. Then I gave him the benefit of the doubt when they switched him to LF in the off season. Actually thought that would help his overall game. But now that he has lost that job........... It has nothing to do with a brain fart on the bases last night. Happens to everyone from time to time. It has more to do with how the coaches and FO are, and have in the past, acting towards him. I have no idea what you mean. I've never painted Hermida as anything he's not. And, as had been said, how can you say he lost the LF job? He just moved over to RF because he could play it and it was easier to make Coghlan learn LF as opposed to RF.
July 29, 200917 yr as soon as gload hit it, I jumped out of my seat and screamed, 'Get the Fu*k outa Here!!!! funny thing is, my little cousin called it right before the pitch.
July 29, 200917 yr God, this is why I'm always stuck defending Hermida. It's not because I like him, it's not because I think he's awesome, but it's because some of you are SOOOOOOOOO extremist when it comes to him it's just ridiculous, and my saying that he doesn't completely suck and still serves a purpose on this team becomes a defense of him. Even in this month where he's hit .230 or something sh*tty like that, he's still hitting .281 vs RHP. He serves a need. God, with our batting what it is, to say to replace him with someone like DeAza or Carroll against RHP is just idiotic. God, with how critical I've been about Hermida since 2007, I never thought I'd be on this side of it. But so many extremists has forced me into the position of logic. AHEM. You mean you are showing the other side of the coin?? Sorry Rab. Couldn't help myself there. I thought Jeremy was gone last year at this time. Then as he was basically benched towards the end of last season I just knew he would be gone. Then I gave him the benefit of the doubt when they switched him to LF in the off season. Actually thought that would help his overall game. But now that he has lost that job........... It has nothing to do with a brain fart on the bases last night. Happens to everyone from time to time. It has more to do with how the coaches and FO are, and have in the past, acting towards him. I have no idea what you mean. I've never painted Hermida as anything he's not. And, as had been said, how can you say he lost the LF job? He just moved over to RF because he could play it and it was easier to make Coghlan learn LF as opposed to RF. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's referring to this board as being full of Bonifacio-hating extremists, while saying that he is merely showing the other side of the coin on Bonifacio. Not sure if he is implying that you are an EB extremist, though.
July 29, 200917 yr This is a perfect opportunity for Fredi Gonzalez to make a statement tomorrow, after Ross Gload's walkoff. If I'm the manager...Ross Gload is playing RF tomorrow night. What Hermida did in the 8th is unacceptable. What is more likely to happen is that BC starts in RF. Fredi will pass it off as being a lefty/righty match-up and BC is hitting lefties much better than Gload or Jeremy. No doubt Jeremy had a bad night at the plate and on the bases. Not bad in the field. Don't know if it was just that or a reflection of his normal lackidaisical play in the field and at the plate. But it sure made him look pretty silly. We're facing a righty tonight. And Hermida is in the lineup, btw. Hitting 5th.
July 29, 200917 yr God, this is why I'm always stuck defending Hermida. It's not because I like him, it's not because I think he's awesome, but it's because some of you are SOOOOOOOOO extremist when it comes to him it's just ridiculous, and my saying that he doesn't completely suck and still serves a purpose on this team becomes a defense of him. Even in this month where he's hit .230 or something sh*tty like that, he's still hitting .281 vs RHP. He serves a need. God, with our batting what it is, to say to replace him with someone like DeAza or Carroll against RHP is just idiotic. God, with how critical I've been about Hermida since 2007, I never thought I'd be on this side of it. But so many extremists has forced me into the position of logic. AHEM. You mean you are showing the other side of the coin?? Sorry Rab. Couldn't help myself there. I thought Jeremy was gone last year at this time. Then as he was basically benched towards the end of last season I just knew he would be gone. Then I gave him the benefit of the doubt when they switched him to LF in the off season. Actually thought that would help his overall game. But now that he has lost that job........... It has nothing to do with a brain fart on the bases last night. Happens to everyone from time to time. It has more to do with how the coaches and FO are, and have in the past, acting towards him. I have no idea what you mean. I've never painted Hermida as anything he's not. And, as had been said, how can you say he lost the LF job? He just moved over to RF because he could play it and it was easier to make Coghlan learn LF as opposed to RF. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's referring to this board as being full of Bonifacio-hating extremists, while saying that he is merely showing the other side of the coin on Bonifacio. Not sure if he is implying that you are an EB extremist, though. There are a lot of EB extremists, but I truly believe I'm not one of them. I do think Bob is, though.
July 30, 200917 yr God, this is why I'm always stuck defending Hermida. It's not because I like him, it's not because I think he's awesome, but it's because some of you are SOOOOOOOOO extremist when it comes to him it's just ridiculous, and my saying that he doesn't completely suck and still serves a purpose on this team becomes a defense of him. Even in this month where he's hit .230 or something sh*tty like that, he's still hitting .281 vs RHP. He serves a need. God, with our batting what it is, to say to replace him with someone like DeAza or Carroll against RHP is just idiotic. God, with how critical I've been about Hermida since 2007, I never thought I'd be on this side of it. But so many extremists has forced me into the position of logic. AHEM. You mean you are showing the other side of the coin?? Sorry Rab. Couldn't help myself there. I thought Jeremy was gone last year at this time. Then as he was basically benched towards the end of last season I just knew he would be gone. Then I gave him the benefit of the doubt when they switched him to LF in the off season. Actually thought that would help his overall game. But now that he has lost that job........... It has nothing to do with a brain fart on the bases last night. Happens to everyone from time to time. It has more to do with how the coaches and FO are, and have in the past, acting towards him. I have no idea what you mean. I've never painted Hermida as anything he's not. And, as had been said, how can you say he lost the LF job? He just moved over to RF because he could play it and it was easier to make Coghlan learn LF as opposed to RF. Lost may be a bad word. We wanted to get Chris's bat in the line up so you guys have a point. I'll concede it to you even tho such a big deal was made of him being the LFer this off season and ST and had he been having the production they were hoping for Chris might not have gotten the call when he did. But I'll concede it because that last point is a "maybe."
July 30, 200917 yr God, this is why I'm always stuck defending Hermida. It's not because I like him, it's not because I think he's awesome, but it's because some of you are SOOOOOOOOO extremist when it comes to him it's just ridiculous, and my saying that he doesn't completely suck and still serves a purpose on this team becomes a defense of him. Even in this month where he's hit .230 or something sh*tty like that, he's still hitting .281 vs RHP. He serves a need. God, with our batting what it is, to say to replace him with someone like DeAza or Carroll against RHP is just idiotic. God, with how critical I've been about Hermida since 2007, I never thought I'd be on this side of it. But so many extremists has forced me into the position of logic. AHEM. You mean you are showing the other side of the coin?? Sorry Rab. Couldn't help myself there. I thought Jeremy was gone last year at this time. Then as he was basically benched towards the end of last season I just knew he would be gone. Then I gave him the benefit of the doubt when they switched him to LF in the off season. Actually thought that would help his overall game. But now that he has lost that job........... It has nothing to do with a brain fart on the bases last night. Happens to everyone from time to time. It has more to do with how the coaches and FO are, and have in the past, acting towards him. I don't know if I would actually say he lost the job in left field and if so, I wouldn't say it was because he performed badly (if that is what you mean). He was moved back to right field when Maybin was sent back to the minors and they brought up Coghlan, to play left because it is said to be an easier position. Hermida had experience in right field and it makes sense to move him back instead of teaching a rookie a more difficult position. And how do you mean the coaches and FO act towards him? Basically the last year or so. Amost always being mentioned in trade rumors, being "benched" for part of the end of last season for whatever reason, taking him out of his normal position to try to awaken his bat, etc... It has become apparent he has slid from wonderboy to tradeable to them.
July 30, 200917 yr This is a perfect opportunity for Fredi Gonzalez to make a statement tomorrow, after Ross Gload's walkoff. If I'm the manager...Ross Gload is playing RF tomorrow night. What Hermida did in the 8th is unacceptable. What is more likely to happen is that BC starts in RF. Fredi will pass it off as being a lefty/righty match-up and BC is hitting lefties much better than Gload or Jeremy. No doubt Jeremy had a bad night at the plate and on the bases. Not bad in the field. Don't know if it was just that or a reflection of his normal lackidaisical play in the field and at the plate. But it sure made him look pretty silly. We're facing a righty tonight. And Hermida is in the lineup, btw. Hitting 5th. Damn. I swear the probable pitchers had him listed as bats left/throws left. Have no idea where I got that. Herms in the line up does follow Fredi's way of doing things. Guy screws up, run him back out there the next game for his confidence or whatever.
July 30, 200917 yr God, this is why I'm always stuck defending Hermida. It's not because I like him, it's not because I think he's awesome, but it's because some of you are SOOOOOOOOO extremist when it comes to him it's just ridiculous, and my saying that he doesn't completely suck and still serves a purpose on this team becomes a defense of him. Even in this month where he's hit .230 or something sh*tty like that, he's still hitting .281 vs RHP. He serves a need. God, with our batting what it is, to say to replace him with someone like DeAza or Carroll against RHP is just idiotic. God, with how critical I've been about Hermida since 2007, I never thought I'd be on this side of it. But so many extremists has forced me into the position of logic. AHEM. You mean you are showing the other side of the coin?? Sorry Rab. Couldn't help myself there. I thought Jeremy was gone last year at this time. Then as he was basically benched towards the end of last season I just knew he would be gone. Then I gave him the benefit of the doubt when they switched him to LF in the off season. Actually thought that would help his overall game. But now that he has lost that job........... It has nothing to do with a brain fart on the bases last night. Happens to everyone from time to time. It has more to do with how the coaches and FO are, and have in the past, acting towards him. I have no idea what you mean. I've never painted Hermida as anything he's not. And, as had been said, how can you say he lost the LF job? He just moved over to RF because he could play it and it was easier to make Coghlan learn LF as opposed to RF. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's referring to this board as being full of Bonifacio-hating extremists, while saying that he is merely showing the other side of the coin on Bonifacio. Not sure if he is implying that you are an EB extremist, though. You are too far out there. I'll try to show the other side on almost any player when extremism takes over the posts.
July 30, 200917 yr God, this is why I'm always stuck defending Hermida. It's not because I like him, it's not because I think he's awesome, but it's because some of you are SOOOOOOOOO extremist when it comes to him it's just ridiculous, and my saying that he doesn't completely suck and still serves a purpose on this team becomes a defense of him. Even in this month where he's hit .230 or something sh*tty like that, he's still hitting .281 vs RHP. He serves a need. God, with our batting what it is, to say to replace him with someone like DeAza or Carroll against RHP is just idiotic. God, with how critical I've been about Hermida since 2007, I never thought I'd be on this side of it. But so many extremists has forced me into the position of logic. AHEM. You mean you are showing the other side of the coin?? Sorry Rab. Couldn't help myself there. I thought Jeremy was gone last year at this time. Then as he was basically benched towards the end of last season I just knew he would be gone. Then I gave him the benefit of the doubt when they switched him to LF in the off season. Actually thought that would help his overall game. But now that he has lost that job........... It has nothing to do with a brain fart on the bases last night. Happens to everyone from time to time. It has more to do with how the coaches and FO are, and have in the past, acting towards him. I have no idea what you mean. I've never painted Hermida as anything he's not. And, as had been said, how can you say he lost the LF job? He just moved over to RF because he could play it and it was easier to make Coghlan learn LF as opposed to RF. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's referring to this board as being full of Bonifacio-hating extremists, while saying that he is merely showing the other side of the coin on Bonifacio. Not sure if he is implying that you are an EB extremist, though. There are a lot of EB extremists, but I truly believe I'm not one of them. I do think Bob is, though. Then you would be wrong. Along the same lines as most here thinking you are pro-Jeremy. Trying to see what the FO and coaches are seeing instead of falling into the extremes of what is wrong is not being an extremist. I have Boni pegged as a young guy that is learning a new position and will make mistakes, and is learning how to best utilize his offensive skills. I said quite some time ago that we won't be bringing someone up to replace him at 3B because there really is no one there to better the position, regardless of what others think. And gave my reasons for thinking that. If that is done it will be through a trade. And I would welcome a better 3B, both glove and bat. But I don't see it happening. Now watch a trade happen and make me eat those last words.
July 30, 200917 yr God, this is why I'm always stuck defending Hermida. It's not because I like him, it's not because I think he's awesome, but it's because some of you are SOOOOOOOOO extremist when it comes to him it's just ridiculous, and my saying that he doesn't completely suck and still serves a purpose on this team becomes a defense of him. Even in this month where he's hit .230 or something sh*tty like that, he's still hitting .281 vs RHP. He serves a need. God, with our batting what it is, to say to replace him with someone like DeAza or Carroll against RHP is just idiotic. God, with how critical I've been about Hermida since 2007, I never thought I'd be on this side of it. But so many extremists has forced me into the position of logic. AHEM. You mean you are showing the other side of the coin?? Sorry Rab. Couldn't help myself there. I thought Jeremy was gone last year at this time. Then as he was basically benched towards the end of last season I just knew he would be gone. Then I gave him the benefit of the doubt when they switched him to LF in the off season. Actually thought that would help his overall game. But now that he has lost that job........... It has nothing to do with a brain fart on the bases last night. Happens to everyone from time to time. It has more to do with how the coaches and FO are, and have in the past, acting towards him. I have no idea what you mean. I've never painted Hermida as anything he's not. And, as had been said, how can you say he lost the LF job? He just moved over to RF because he could play it and it was easier to make Coghlan learn LF as opposed to RF. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's referring to this board as being full of Bonifacio-hating extremists, while saying that he is merely showing the other side of the coin on Bonifacio. Not sure if he is implying that you are an EB extremist, though. You are too far out there. I'll try to show the other side on almost any player when extremism takes over the posts. ????? Based on what you wrote, I interpreted your post perfectly. And if you are calling me an EB extremist, then I have no idea where you're getting that from.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.