Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

7/28 Post Game

Featured Replies

Three Words.(Or 2 Words and a letter.)

 

Bust A Gload!

 

Only 2 Games back in the Wild Card and 6.5 back of Philly.

 

San Fran is already losing in the 1st to Pit and St Louis and L.A. are tied at 0 in the 3rd.

  • Author

what did hermida do?? i had to follow on gamecast today so i couldn't see on a live feed video

 

 

Hermida singled to left, but after rounding first he turned his back to the ball, strolled toward the base and was picked off by Escobar.

This is a perfect opportunity for Fredi Gonzalez to make a statement tomorrow, after Ross Gload's walkoff.

If I'm the manager...Ross Gload is playing RF tomorrow night. What Hermida did in the 8th is unacceptable.

 

 

+1.

 

I'll platoon Gload and Carroll until Hermida learns a lesson...........or something.............I'm just at a loss. Lackadaisical fielding, poor throws, awful baserunning. It's enough already, and I've been one of his biggest supporters.

 

Also, not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but how in the dang world can Uggla make the 3rd out at 3rd base in a tied game in the late innings!??!?!

Hermida doesn't deserve to wear the uniform on his back.

 

Great ending, the Gload signing has turned out to be one of our best this offseason. Guy has been clutch off the bench.

Great ending, the Gload signing has turned out to be one of our best this offseason. Guy has been clutch off the bench.

 

 

It has been a great signing and the best part is that we don't even have to pay a forth of his contract.

  • Author

This is a perfect opportunity for Fredi Gonzalez to make a statement tomorrow, after Ross Gload's walkoff.

If I'm the manager...Ross Gload is playing RF tomorrow night. What Hermida did in the 8th is unacceptable.

 

 

+1.

 

I'll platoon Gload and Carroll until Hermida learns a lesson...........or something.............I'm just at a loss. Lackadaisical fielding, poor throws, awful baserunning. It's enough already, and I've been one of his biggest supporters.

 

Also, not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but how in the dang world can Uggla make the 3rd out at 3rd base in a tied game in the late innings!??!?!

 

I'm not defending Uggla, but it was a fantastic throw by Church. If it was off by a bit, Uggla would've been safe.

Great ending, the Gload signing has turned out to be one of our best this offseason. Guy has been clutch off the bench.

 

 

It has been a great signing and the best part is that we don't even have to pay a forth of his contract.

 

 

 

and my mistake, yeah it was via trade.

 

I'd like to wonder when will the lazy motherf*cker named Jeremy Hermida ever get the treatment the average MLB player gets? At this point many MLB players get benched permanently or they are released. I'm not saying release him, but Carroll has proved his worth to this team, Hermida hasn't even proved that he deserves to platoon anymore. I'm not one to be an extremist, but you know how I have always felt about Hermida. I would say designate Hermida for assignment, he just doesn't deserve to put on a major league uniform imo (yes come combat me, but this Hermida bullsh*t is becoming a common occurance)/

  • Author

I'm giving it a 60% chance Hermida will not be with this team after the deadline. The problem lies in finding a team that wants him.

What an excellent game for the fish!

I am very dissapointed in hermida after this one.

Also, Rab, Benched, I think its best to keep the video as long as the streak continues.

You wouldn't want to mess with something thats working ;)

I'm giving it a 60% chance Hermida will not be with this team after the deadline. The problem lies in finding a team that wants him.

 

 

 

92% he's not here after the season.

I'm giving it a 60% chance Hermida will not be with this team after the deadline. The problem lies in finding a team that wants him.

 

 

 

92% he's not here after the season.

 

99.99999999999999999999% that he's not starting for the Marlins next opening day.

  • Author

Peter Gammons insists that Cody Ross will be traded to an AL team. I don't see that happening. But that's for another thread.

Peter Gammons insists that Cody Ross will be traded to an AL team. I don't see that happening. But that's for another thread.

 

I'm surprised Gammons would say such a thing knowing that we're in clear contention in the wildcard and 1st place.

Also knowing that Ross has made such a huge impact for the fish this season, it doesn't make sense for them to trade him at all.

Plus from what Micheal Hill said, they're looking to add to the current team, not subtract from it. When asked about trading players like Uggla, Gaby, to add new players. He said just that. Looking to add, not remove.

Peter Gammons insists that Cody Ross will be traded to an AL team. I don't see that happening. But that's for another thread.

 

I'm surprised Gammons would say such a thing knowing that we're in clear contention in the wildcard and 1st place.

Also knowing that Ross has made such a huge impact for the fish this season, it doesn't make sense for them to trade him at all.

It could be for a SP and then we will probably do another trade for an OF'er and bring Maybin to play CF

Cody Ross is a possibility to be traded if the Marlins are a true believer that Hermida will not hurt them in their quest to try and win the wildcard or the division. Trading Cody Ross would be trading while at its highest point, and Cody Ross is close to what his highest trade value would be, and he will probably not be here after the 2010 season. Still, the most likely scenario is us standing pat after July 31st, but I hope and pray that Hermida is not in the teams plans any time soon, and I am begging they designate him for assignment, I have wanted him gone for at least 2 years now, and hopefully that comes to fruition soon.

I think some posters are over exaggerating with this Jeremy hermida thing. Especially Dim. Hermida is proving his worth by platooning. If you want Brett Carrol to start full time over him, I guarantee you everyone would want his head by the end of August.

Some of you take it really far sometimes.

 

I know it was stupid...heck, I was the first to bring it up.

But seriously...DFA him?

Walkoff, baby!

 

That was freakin' great!

 

 

I love when a fellow USF Bull does something great. I love Gload.

 

 

Hi, I'm Ross Gload. I'll take RF from here...

 

 

Go Bulls,

Ross

I think some posters are over exaggerating with this Jeremy hermida thing. Especially Dim. Hermida is proving his worth by platooning. If you want Brett Carrol to start full time over him, I guarantee you everyone would want his head by the end of August.

 

 

 

I am far from embellishing. You know I don't overexagerate most of the time on this site, and the only time I have is on Hermida issues. And no I do not want Carroll starting every game at this point in his career. We still have other guys like Alejandro De Aza who are more than capable of platooning with Carroll. He would do a better job than Hermida imo, both in the field and at the plate. Oh but Hermida is on a 5 game hit streak!!! Yeah 1 hit in those games is a total accomplishment. He just has become a waste on this team, and like I said I hate extremists on this site, but all this constant talk of "Hermida's potential" is never going to come to fruition as a Marlin. If he will ever succeed (still doubt it highly), the best thing for both the Marlins and Hermida in both the short and long run is to designate him for assignment, and hope a team offers something of substance within those 10 days.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.