2009 Postseason Discussion Thread

ultimopain

Looks like Arod has figured out how to hit in the post season, so far.

That whole "A-Rod can't hit in the playoffs" thing is bulls***. He has hit in the postseason before.

Career-wise, he is:

.279 .373 .483 .856

in the postseason over 170 PA (not including tonight).

That whole "A-Rod can't hit in the playoffs" thing is bulls***. He has hit in the postseason before.

Well recently he has sucked but yes I know he did hit with Sea in the playoffs and with the yanks in 04 I believe. I looked up his stats a while ago up to the end of the 04 playoffs when the sox made a miracle comeback. After that 04 series he had been pretty bad IIRC.

Well recently he has sucked but yes I know he did hit with Sea in the playoffs and with the yanks in 04 I believe. I looked up his stats a while ago up to the end of the 04 playoffs when the sox made a miracle comeback. After that 04 series he had been pretty bad IIRC.

He was bad for a series in 05 and another one in 06 but in 2007 he had an OPS above .800.

It's what we call small sample sizes.

Why were the Phillies' caps blue? Throwback? It totally clashes with the rest of the uniform. Or maybe I'm just so used to the Phillies uniform being red and white, seeing the blue caps hurts my brain.

Wow Carpenter gives up 5 runs. Never saw that coming.

I see the Twins pulling one Win out of the hat but there was no way they could have come and beat the Bronx Bombers on less then 24 hours of rest.

Lee pitched a Gem and Kemp's 1st inning homerun was HUGE for the Dodgers, it took away early dominance from Carpenter and he never really got into a groove throughout the game.

I'm looking for the Rockies, Red Soxs and Dodger Blue to end up with Wins today.

CB is a REALLY bad ump.

I second this statement. I don't hate umpires, but I hate when CB is umpiring a marlins game.

I was listening to WEEI today and they had Curt Schilling on to talk about CB. He gave a funny story where Tito went out to argue with him and he kicked him out of the game and said to the team don't argue with the next great young umpire. :lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.