October 11, 200916 yr Some tricky decisions about whether to watch more playoff games later or NFL games. Probably both!
October 11, 200916 yr I think I will be skipping the Red Sox for football today. I can go back and forth but mostly football probably.
October 11, 200916 yr Cards went down like punks... half of my WS prediction is already gone! Revising it to: Angels v. Rockies
October 11, 200916 yr I think I will be skipping the Red Sox for football today. I can go back and forth but mostly football probably. I will not be ducking the MLB playoffs for the Raiders getting slaughtered by the Giants even though I like the Giants. And KC v. Dallas? I couldn't care less.
October 11, 200916 yr I think I will be skipping the Red Sox for football today. I can go back and forth but mostly football probably. I will not be ducking the MLB playoffs for the Raiders getting slaughtered by the Giants even though I like the Giants. And KC v. Dallas? I couldn't care less. After seeing the early games, playoffs are better.
October 11, 200916 yr I didn't post my prediction in time but I think it will be Dodgers over Yankees.
October 11, 200916 yr Red Sox bring in Papelbon and he sort of shits the bed. Luckily they got a run back and are 2 outs away from winning game 3.
October 11, 200916 yr Wow a meltdown from the usually reliable Papelbon. Good to see the Angels win though - they were my pick in the Postseason Prediction thread to win the WS.
October 11, 200916 yr ESPN must be down about the red sox being swept. I swear they love them more than any team.
October 11, 200916 yr The difference about this Red Sox team compared to their WS winning teams of a few years ago is the lack of the dynamic duo of Manny and Big Papi in the middle of the lineup. Yeh I know Jason Bay is a good hitter and they do still have Ortiz but he is considerably worse than he used to be, so there isn't the same fear factor for opposing pitchers when they face Boston.
October 11, 200916 yr The difference about this Red Sox team compared to their WS winning teams of a few years ago is the lack of the dynamic duo of Manny and Big Papi in the middle of the lineup. Yeh I know Jason Bay is a good hitter and they do still have Ortiz but he is considerably worse than he used to be, so there isn't the same fear factor for opposing pitchers when they face Boston. and beckett has had his ups and downs since 07 as well.
October 12, 200916 yr The difference about this Red Sox team compared to their WS winning teams of a few years ago is the lack of the dynamic duo of Manny and Big Papi in the middle of the lineup. Yeh I know Jason Bay is a good hitter and they do still have Ortiz but he is considerably worse than he used to be, so there isn't the same fear factor for opposing pitchers when they face Boston. and beckett has had his ups and downs since 07 as well. I still think bullpen pitching has been the biggest problem. They started off great and were horrible down the stretch. and Papelbon has been getting worse each year. He has still pulled out a lot of saves, but not as easy as before. When you get to the playoffs with a hungry team his luck eventually runs out. Ramon Ramirez also fell apart in game 1 to hurt one of their more reliable relievers.
October 12, 200916 yr So after Happ's less than stellar start today, does Cogs have a better shot at ROY??? Happ went 3 innings gave up 5 hits, 3 runs, 2 walks, 4 K's.Also, you guys think Manuel should have started Pedro Martinez?
October 12, 200916 yr So after Happ's less than stellar start today, does Cogs have a better shot at ROY??? Happ went 3 innings gave up 5 hits, 3 runs, 2 walks, 4 K's.Also, you guys think Manuel should have started Pedro Martinez? Votings ends at the end of the regular season.
October 12, 200916 yr So after Happ's less than stellar start today, does Cogs have a better shot at ROY??? Happ went 3 innings gave up 5 hits, 3 runs, 2 walks, 4 K's.Also, you guys think Manuel should have started Pedro Martinez? Votings ends at the end of the regular season. Oh, then how come some of the analysts said that the post season would have influence over who would win? =/ Or maybe a player on a playoff bound team is more worthy?
October 12, 200916 yr So after Happ's less than stellar start today, does Cogs have a better shot at ROY??? Happ went 3 innings gave up 5 hits, 3 runs, 2 walks, 4 K's.Also, you guys think Manuel should have started Pedro Martinez? Votings ends at the end of the regular season. Oh, then how come some of the analysts said that the post season would have influence over who would win? =/ Or maybe a player on a playoff bound team is more worthy? Basically.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.