Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AFL Day to Day

Featured Replies

Another cool thing. I just found a website that has every Marlins player that is in some type of winter ball league and their stats

 

http://mlb.mlb.com/milb/stats/org.jsp?id=fla

 

It will come in very useful if you just want to check up on some people. It looks like Ungs is doing a decent job in the Dominican Leagues... which he should given that he is 30.

11/12

 

Peterson: 1-5, R

 

Burns: 2-4, R

 

11/13

 

Peterson: 3-4 (2 triples), RBI, 2 R, BB

 

And guess who finally took the mound...

 

Andrew Miller: 2 IP, 4 ER, 3 H, 4 BB (yikes!), 1K

 

So I don't know what the deal was with Miller taking so long. He hadn't pitched in a while. Maybe he was working on mechanics, but I doubt it by looking at that line.

11/15

 

Petersen: 0-5, R, K

 

Voss: IP, BB, 2K

 

Buente: IP, H, 3K  

 

Phoenix Desert Dogs clinched the AFL East with their win over Mesa.

 

On a happier note, Bryan Petersen was named player of the week for week 5. "The 6-foot, 200-pound Petersen, the Fall League's only .400 hitter entering the final week of play, batted .563 (9-for-16) last week with four runs, a double, two triples, a home run, five RBIs and two stolen bases. He also walked twice."

I know this is an AFL thread but I thought I'd add that Emilio Bonifacio's line just to see how he is progressing. BA .297, AB 37, R8, H11, RBI 3, SB 1, CS 2

 

I hope he is working on his base running techniques!

11/18

 

Petersen: 1-4, 3B, BB, K

 

Parcell: 1.1IP, H, 3K

 

I'm not sure if I missed something, but why hadn't Dominguez played in a while and was removed from the roster?

Petersen's AFL+AA combined

 

595 PA, 526 AB

21 2b, 10 3b, 10 HR

56 BB (9.4%), 82 K (15.6%), 0.68 BB/K

.312/.376/.447/.823, .348 BABIP, .135 ISO

Petersen's AFL+AA combined

 

595 PA, 526 AB

21 2b, 10 3b, 10 HR

56 BB (9.4%), 82 K (15.6%), 0.68 BB/K

.312/.376/.447/.823, .348 BABIP, .135 ISO

 

 

 

:)

 

I'm liking what I am seeing. I'd like to see Peterson see some major league time early next season, he's proven to be our best future minor league OFer not named Michael Stanton (and Logan Morrison if you consider him a LFer).

11/19

 

Peterson: 0-3, K (gasp!)

 

Burns: 2-3, BB

 

Miller: 4IP, 3H, 1 ER, 1 BB (GASP!), 3K

 

Voss & Buente both had a scoreless inning of relief.

Is Miller pitching using his original style or is he style using the delivery changes that Wiley taught him last year?

 

 

I don't know. I wish I could have watched some of the AFL games.

Nolasco's break out in 2008 was because of the slider/cutter that Wiley taught him

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.