Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miami Heat 09-10 Season Thread

Featured Replies

I think Rondo is really underrated, sorry.

The guy is averaging nearly 10 assists a game, while averaging under 3 turnovers a game. Great defensive player (not saying Wade is not, he is) averaging 2.6 steals per game. He's a freak athlete, much like all these superstars that have been mentioned.

 

So what makes Wade and all these other superstars that have been mentioned, for that matter, so much better than Rondo? Points per game?

 

The only thing that Rondo hasn't developed is a 3 point shot...and quite honestly, Dwayne Wade doesn't have that, either.

How good would Rondo be without the big 3?

 

Another horrible loss last night for the Heat.

 

 

he'd be nothing. rondo is so f'n overrated. i get irritated whenever the analysts says he's a top 5 point guard.

How good would Rondo be without the big 3?

 

Another horrible loss last night for the Heat.

 

 

he'd be nothing. rondo is so f'n overrated. i get irritated whenever the analysts says he's a top 5 point guard.

 

 

Or...maybe his #'s would be better? The only reason, I think, why he's averaging only 14 points a game is BECAUSE of the big 3. They don't need Rondo to score, so he does just about everything else. If they needed him to score, I think he'd do just fine with his 53% shooting from the floor.

 

Also...he's not a top 5 PG? Paul, Williams, Nash...I might be missing another, but I doubt I'm missing 2. I'd say he's top 5 at his position, and remember...he's only 23. He should just get better.

Just thought of 2 more that you could be thinking about...Baron Davis and Tyreke Evans...maybe Jason Kidd or Mo Williams?

I'll give you Evans because he's pretty amazing, but I'd take Rondo over guys like Davis & Kidd & Williams. Their play is pretty even...Rondo has more potential than all those guys.

I think Baron Davis is underrated because he's never played on a great team. He had a triple double last night, and not a cheap one either.

So Erick, how do you think Rondo would do if he replaced Wade on the Heat?? You think he would be better at taking on a team's entire defense than Wade? Better than Kobe or Lebron?

So Erick, how do you think Rondo would do if he replaced Wade on the Heat?? You think he would be better at taking on a team's entire defense than Wade? Better than Kobe or Lebron?

 

 

 

If you're asking me if I think Rondo would be a star here...I think he would. He's one of the fastest guys in the NBA so going one on one/taking the load isn't a problem for him, imo.

 

Also...the good news for Heat fans is that if Dwayne Wade leaves, they at least have another star in the making in Michael Beasley. I think Beasley's #'s would be better without Wade, but it's D.Wade's team so Beasley's just a secondary scorer on the team right now.

So Erick, how do you think Rondo would do if he replaced Wade on the Heat?? You think he would be better at taking on a team's entire defense than Wade? Better than Kobe or Lebron?

 

 

 

If you're asking me if I think Rondo would be a star here...I think he would. He's one of the fastest guys in the NBA so going one on one/taking the load isn't a problem for him, imo.

 

Also...the good news for Heat fans is that if Dwayne Wade leaves, they at least have another star in the making in Michael Beasley. I think Beasley's #'s would be better without Wade, but it's D.Wade's team so Beasley's just a secondary scorer on the team right now.

 

 

 

 

Aw man, I got a good chuckle out of that.

 

Beasley is a PF version of Allen Iverson, and I don't view that as a necessarily good thing.

So Erick, how do you think Rondo would do if he replaced Wade on the Heat?? You think he would be better at taking on a team's entire defense than Wade? Better than Kobe or Lebron?

 

 

 

If you're asking me if I think Rondo would be a star here...I think he would. He's one of the fastest guys in the NBA so going one on one/taking the load isn't a problem for him, imo.

 

Also...the good news for Heat fans is that if Dwayne Wade leaves, they at least have another star in the making in Michael Beasley. I think Beasley's #'s would be better without Wade, but it's D.Wade's team so Beasley's just a secondary scorer on the team right now.

 

 

 

 

Aw man, I got a good chuckle out of that.

 

Beasley is a PF version of Allen Iverson, and I don't view that as a necessarily good thing.

 

 

The guy is as talented as anyone offensively, and he's clearly getting better both with his offensive game and defensive game.

 

Beasley is difficult to guard for PF's because he has an outside shot, and he's able to drive to the basket, which PF's aren't used to guarding.

 

He's in his 2nd year in the league, as a 21 year old. Give him time.

I'll give him time, and I stated that he was a PF version of Iverson. He'll always be able to go on hot streaks offensively on his usual cold streaks, but defensively it'll never be what he was expected to be. He'll be a 20 points, around 6 rpg guy IF he ever becomes the star of a team. However, on the Heat with Wade, he'll be that secondary scorer. And you know what? That's where he plays best.

 

I like Beasley, I like him as our main scoring option when Wade goes on cold streaks and when the second unit comes in. I like him as a guy who can jumpstart this team early in games. However, as a star of this team going forward and a guy to rely on late in games? I don't believe that is going to happen, not now, and probably never with the Heat, even if Wade is gone.

You think he'll peak at 6 boards a game?

 

 

 

He's getting 7 rpg right now because the only other real big man on this team is Jermaine O'Neal. If we bring a big man onto the team this free agency, which I expect, Beasley's rebound totals will decrease, and honestly I believe his peak will probably be 8 or 9, but more realistically he'll be between 6 and 7. He's not that great of a rebounder.

This team MO is blowouts. We'll give them and take them. Today we'll take :).

So, I think it's about time for the Heat to change it's slogan from "Good enough, ain't enough", it's bad to lie to your fanbase like that.

This team MO is blowouts. We'll give them and take them. Today we'll take :).

 

 

lmao!! This is ridiculous man. How can professionals just turn it on and off like that. It's like one day they decide to show up and then they take the next game off...The weird thing is we have actually competed with the good teams, but the scrub teams is the ones that kill us. Do they just take bad teams too lightly???

What the hell is going on? Are they getting high on amphetamines before the games they win or drunk before the games they lose?

Spo said after the game there's going to be changes. I think maybe JO coming of the bench or not playing Chalmers, who knows maybe Pat will start trading off guys.

Spo said after the game there's going to be changes. I think maybe JO coming of the bench or not playing Chalmers, who knows maybe Pat will start trading off guys.

 

 

Disgusting performance last nite. My quess maybe Dorrell gets inserted at the 3 and starts playing 32 minutes a game. Bench rotation will change significantly

Spo said after the game there's going to be changes. I think maybe JO coming of the bench or not playing Chalmers, who knows maybe Pat will start trading off guys.

 

 

Disgusting performance last nite. My quess maybe Dorrell gets inserted at the 3 and starts playing 32 minutes a game. Bench rotation will change significantly

 

 

Or that too. QR has definitley not shown up the last few games.

Here is Spo' quote:

 

"We've got to look at everything, from A to Z, to see what changes we need to make, so the result doesn't end up like this," Spoelstra said. "We know about this ugly side. I'm not happy about it.

Watching the Bulls-Suns and wondering...

Imagine if the Heat would've gotten the opportunity to pick Derrick Rose that year. Rose & Wade...that would've been an amazing backcourt.

Watching the Bulls-Suns and wondering...

Imagine if the Heat would've gotten the opportunity to pick Derrick Rose that year. Rose & Wade...that would've been an amazing backcourt.

 

 

You'd probably be saying the same thing about Beasley if he were there. Rose is their Wade. If he were here he'd be getting the same minutes as Beasley is getting and vise versa. Ok Beasley is getting starter's minutes this season, but last season he wasn't. Yeah, I'm being a little biased and still holding out hope for Beasley. He'd better be averaging close to 20 PPG by the end of the season along with improvement in other stat areas. He averaged 26 ppg the season before he was drafted, so 20 in the NBA should be no problem, especially playing in the East.

 

 

 

 

 

They got dressed down after the last game and kicked some ass tonight er last night.:super

Watching the Bulls-Suns and wondering...

Imagine if the Heat would've gotten the opportunity to pick Derrick Rose that year. Rose & Wade...that would've been an amazing backcourt.

 

 

You'd probably be saying the same thing about Beasley if he were there. Rose is their Wade. If he were here he'd be getting the same minutes as Beasley is getting and vise versa. Ok Beasley is getting starter's minutes this season, but last season he wasn't. Yeah, I'm being a little biased and still holding out hope for Beasley. He'd better be averaging close to 20 PPG by the end of the season along with improvement in other stat areas.

 

 

 

 

 

They got dressed down after the last game and kicked some ass tonight er last night.

 

I think Beasley will be good, but I'm just saying...with the speed of Wade + the speed of Rose, that would be, at the very least, one exciting fast break to watch. Would be the best backcourt in the NBA.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.