April 8, 201016 yr My nephew went to this tryout. He says that the Marlins called him yesterday and said he was in the top 10 but they hadn't "made up their minds yet" but that they shared the video with other MLB teams. I think he is full of crap, what do you all think? Do they call you to let you know how you did at an open try out?
April 8, 201016 yr My nephew went to this tryout. He says that the Marlins called him yesterday and said he was in the top 10 but they hadn't "made up their minds yet" but that they shared the video with other MLB teams. I think he is full of crap, what do you all think? Do they call you to let you know how you did at an open try out? Why would the Marlins try to help other teams find talent. I think your nephew was lying.
April 8, 201016 yr My nephew went to this tryout. He says that the Marlins called him yesterday and said he was in the top 10 but they hadn't "made up their minds yet" but that they shared the video with other MLB teams. I think he is full of crap, what do you all think? Do they call you to let you know how you did at an open try out? While I posted earlier asking if anyone went it was just to see what people said. I did go and the try out was held out on the marlins backfields. Overall Id say there was 200 guys or so. probably 60 or so pitchers. They had everyone run the 60 except catchers and pitchers. Then they had all the OF throw from center to 3rd and home. Then all the INF took grounders from short. After that they cut a bunch of guys and had about 35 of us hit. The used a machine to do the pitching and it was terrible early on. If you wanna see if he is lying ask him about the hitting and how it went. Did some one throw or did they use a machine? I 'm assuming he was a fielder. After everyone got a few rounds of hitting they ended the tryout and talked to us for a minute. Guy said we saw some things we liked from a few of you but right now all our teams our full and we still have to cut guys. If they're any injures or something maybe you get a call down the line. As for the sharing video with other teams Id say BS because I saw no one with a video camera at the tryout. I didn't get watch the pitchers to closely but I did not see anyone over there with a video camera either. Also I have never heard of a team calling you after a tryout to say your in the top ten and we haven't made up our minds after one of these tryouts. If they like you they talk to you at the tryout. They can't sign you the day of the tryout but believe me they wouldn't wait long to call you if they had serious interest in you. They only call if they have serious interest.
April 8, 201016 yr That is my point exactly. It's almost too ridiculous to mention. Why would the Marlins try to help other teams find talent. I think your nephew was lying.
April 8, 201016 yr I got a call this afternoon from Beinfest saying to pack my bags and head across the pond, cos they need a reliable set-up man for the pen...
April 8, 201016 yr He was a pitcher. So I am not sure how the try out was handled for them. I just think it's ridiculous to think that they are still "making their mind up". If you are a pitcher and you have something they like, they surely aren't going to wait or "share video with other MLB teams". Just wanted everyone's feedback to see if I was correct in my thinking.
April 8, 201016 yr I got a call this afternoon from Beinfest saying to pack my bags and head across the pond, cos they need a reliable set-up man for the pen... Don't let him know you throw strikes or he'll send you back.
April 8, 201016 yr I got a call this afternoon from Beinfest saying to pack my bags and head across the pond, cos they need a reliable set-up man for the pen... Don't let him know you throw strikes or he'll send you back.
April 8, 201016 yr I'm def audtioning for a shot at the pen. I'm atleast better than Pinto. I only have two pitches though.
April 9, 201016 yr So did anyone go? How bout your bro wildcard? He didn't go. To be honest, he told me he didn't feel he was in good enough shape to really compete. Can't blame him. Even when he was in high school after a private workout with the Hurricanes, Jim Morris told him he could hit at any level but wasn't quick enough to play outfield. If they ran the sixty before they hit, he might not have made it past that stage.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.