Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins open tryouts

Featured Replies

Now is your chance!!!! The Marlins need players

 

JUPITER, FL - The Florida Marlins will be holding their annual Open Tryout Camp on Monday, March 1, 2010 at their Spring Training facility in Jupiter, FL. The one day camp is for amateur players 16 - 24 years old (and not currently participating in a College Baseball program) and released players with prior professional experience. High School players must have written permission from their school Principal to attend. Registration begins at 8:00 AM. The tryout will begin at 9:00 A.M. sharp. Players arriving after 9:00 AM will not be allowed to participate in the tryout.

 

On a serious side you usually get a few give aways for showing up

Anybody planning on going?

 

I might go just for shyts and giggles! Might as well see where I am at w/ mph

Anybody planning on going?

 

I might go just for shyts and giggles! Might as well see where I am at w/ mph

 

 

 

I'm not sure the Marlins can handle my natural skills. My ability to not get the ball into the infield, were I relegated to an outfield position and my ability to not make contact might be too much for them.

Anybody planning on going?

 

I might go just for shyts and giggles! Might as well see where I am at w/ mph

 

 

 

I'm not sure the Marlins can handle my natural skills. My ability to not get the ball into the infield, were I relegated to an outfield position and my ability to not make contact might be too much for them.

 

 

 

 

Its seems they have plenty of that already!!

 

Is there more information on this tryout???

Has anyone ever made the team or at least a minor league team from these open tryouts?

 

A friend of mine went once - unless The FO knows your background, and knows you're coming, you have zero shot. Zero.

 

That is all.

if i just show up and cross my arms and look pissed off think i could get a coaching job?

Now is your chance!!!! The Marlins need players

 

JUPITER, FL - The Florida Marlins will be holding their annual Open Tryout Camp on Monday, March 1, 2010 at their Spring Training facility in Jupiter, FL. The one day camp is for amateur players 16 - 24 years old (and not currently participating in a College Baseball program) and released players with prior professional experience. High School players must have written permission from their school Principal to attend. Registration begins at 8:00 AM. The tryout will begin at 9:00 A.M. sharp. Players arriving after 9:00 AM will not be allowed to participate in the tryout.

 

On a serious side you usually get a few give aways for showing up

 

 

Like what?

if i just show up and cross my arms and look pissed off think i could get a coaching job?

 

 

So that's how Freddi got this gig ? I knew it couldn't be because he knew how to manage, because we all know he can't do that.

If I stand at the side of the field and give a running commentary of the tryouts will I be offered a gig alongside Tommy Hutton for the season?

If I stand at the side of the field and give a running commentary of the tryouts will I be offered a gig alongside Tommy Hutton for the season?

 

 

 

Only if you bring your sweatervest.

My brother actually plans on going, seriously. He actually finished second in the voting for All-County Player of the Year in 2005 for both the Palm Beach Post and Sun-Sentinel. The only person who beat him was Chris Volstad... I hope they actually take this a little seriously.

  • Author

Now is your chance!!!! The Marlins need players

 

JUPITER, FL - The Florida Marlins will be holding their annual Open Tryout Camp on Monday, March 1, 2010 at their Spring Training facility in Jupiter, FL. The one day camp is for amateur players 16 - 24 years old (and not currently participating in a College Baseball program) and released players with prior professional experience. High School players must have written permission from their school Principal to attend. Registration begins at 8:00 AM. The tryout will begin at 9:00 A.M. sharp. Players arriving after 9:00 AM will not be allowed to participate in the tryout.

 

On a serious side you usually get a few give aways for showing up

 

 

Like what?

Leftover stuff from the previous season, bumper stickers, cheap stuff. Back in the day 15-20 years ago I know some people got t-shirts too!

All I know is from doing a couple of these is you better have been working on your speed. Ive never done a Marlin try out but a friends of mine have and if you don't run the 60 in a certain time they cut you before they even see you hit, throw or field. Now obviously if you pitch or play catcher they don't really care about your speed. Also like some one else said if they have info on you and know your coming that helps.

 

When ever I read some team signed a player outta one of these it's a pitcher almost 90% of the time. Any lefties on here who can throw high 80's with decent control should give it a shot.

This is actually where the team is planning on getting most of its bullpen options this year.

This is actually where the team is planning on getting most of its bullpen options this year.

 

 

:lol

This is actually where the team is planning on getting most of its bullpen options this year.

 

I wish I could laugh at this joke, but it's all too true :(

Who would you contact and how could you contact them if you were trying to get the team information on your playing background for a heads up about appearing?

This is actually where the team is planning on getting most of its bullpen options this year.

 

I wish I could laugh at this joke, but it's all too true :(

 

This is how the Florida Panthers gets its whole roster other than goalies.:(

Who would you contact and how could you contact them if you were trying to get the team information on your playing background for a heads up about appearing?

 

 

x2 where do we send this?

 

Id imagine you could just call the marlins, ask to speak to someone about the tryout and say my name is so and so and I will be attending the tryout. This is where I played and my stats. Maybe they take the info down maybe not. Can't hurt to call.

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.