July 16, 201016 yr Author huh? how does Sanabia get the call over Anibal? I assumed it was so Anibal would face Ubaldo on Monday rather than having Robertson or Sanabia face him.
July 16, 201016 yr huh? how does Sanabia get the call over Anibal? I assumed it was so Anibal would face Ubaldo on Monday rather than having Robertson or Sanabia face him. Ooh I like the thought of this. If so, I'm down with it.
July 16, 201016 yr Strasburg and Ubaldo in the same week? Ouch. Made a mention of this in another thread where someone was so concerned about the attendance for Friday's game. To me it's going to give a glimpse of what this team is made of and give us hints what will happen concerning trades.
July 16, 201016 yr Should've just let JJ pitch on Monday. Would've been fun to watch. Should've let JJ pitch on Friday and Monday. Strasburg and Jiminez....
July 16, 201016 yr Should've just let JJ pitch on Monday. Would've been fun to watch. Should've let JJ pitch on Friday and Monday. Strasburg and Jiminez.... You are right too bad it couldn't happen because it would be awesome. Wow, a chance to watch both in a weekend at home and see how the competition fares against our ace. Edwin must have thought that 29 allstar pitches was enough to consider as a game and not a bullpen session. By the way, anybody know how many pitches a pitcher throws in a bullpen session? I always have wondered how many total pitches say Johnson throws on a gameday when he throws let's say a 100 in a game. Including warmup, between innings, etc. Anybody estimate for me? Thanks.
July 16, 201016 yr Regardless of the answer, beware. Not all pitches are created equal. I would have to imagine that warmup session pitches are much lower-intensity, so they don't wear on a pitcher quite as much (per pitch).
July 16, 201016 yr Should've let JJ pitch on Friday and Monday. Strasburg and Jiminez.... That would be cool but no manager is gonna run his #1 out there on just two days rest(unless it's the playoffs). Most likely scenario would have been JJ possibly starting tonight against Strasburg because he only pitched two innings Tues in the AS game and then most likely would have started again on Tues or Wed.. Oh well I like our chances with Sanchez dueling Jimenez on Mon much more than Nate. Hopefully Ricky comes out tonight and upstages the phenom Strasburg.
July 19, 201016 yr Should've let JJ pitch on Friday and Monday. Strasburg and Jiminez.... That would be cool but no manager is gonna run his #1 out there on just two days rest(unless it's the playoffs). Most likely scenario would have been JJ possibly starting tonight against Strasburg because he only pitched two innings Tues in the AS game and then most likely would have started again on Tues or Wed.. Oh well I like our chances with Sanchez dueling Jimenez on Mon much more than Nate. Hopefully Ricky comes out tonight and upstages the phenom Strasburg. Yeh I was joking.....
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.