Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2010 College Football Thread

Featured Replies

I blame the school for moving out of the Orange Bowl. JRS just doesn't have the atmosphere the Orange Bowl did. That's 3 home losses in a row between them and the Dolphins. Home field advantage indeed.

 

UM stll goes to the CCG if they run the table.

 

 

 

Why is UM recruiting all their QB's from Florida when everybody knows all the good QB's are in California, Western Pennsylvania and a couple other places. I just don't like black guys as QB's. With very few exceptions, they suck at that position. 90% of WR's and CB's are black because white guys for the most part suck at that position. Maybe its just because black guys run faster? All men are created equal, except when it comes to athletics.

 

 

 

I have no answer however, for why 99% of kickers/punters are white. Maybe there's just no black guys or guys of other races(or very very few) that wanna be kickers?

 

 

Ooops :|

I blame the school for moving out of the Orange Bowl. JRS just doesn't have the atmosphere the Orange Bowl did. That's 3 home losses in a row between them and the Dolphins. Home field advantage indeed.

 

UM stll goes to the CCG if they run the table.

 

 

 

Why is UM recruiting all their QB's from Florida when everybody knows all the good QB's are in California, Western Pennsylvania and a couple other places. I just don't like black guys as QB's. With very few exceptions, they suck at that position. 90% of WR's and CB's are black because white guys for the most part suck at that position. Maybe its just because black guys run faster? All men are created equal, except when it comes to athletics.

 

 

 

I have no answer however, for why 99% of kickers/punters are white. Maybe there's just no black guys or guys of other races(or very very few) that wanna be kickers?

 

 

 

 

You just realized this now?

I'm just checking in to say I feel foolish eating crow,, and all that jazz. There's a rule going around, namely this one:

Rule 7, Section 2, Article 2-2:

 

"On fourth down before a change of team possession, when a Team A fumble is caught or recovered by a Team A player other than the fumbler, the ball is dead. If the catch or recovery is beyond the spotof the fumble, the ball is returned to the spot of the fumble. If the catch or recovery i...s behind the spot of the fumble, the ball remains at the spot of the catch or recovery."

 

...and I'm wondering why it wasn't enacted. No excuses here, UF played awful, but what does this rule mean? Am I just hopeful that this would have killed the clinching drive?

I blame the school for moving out of the Orange Bowl. JRS just doesn't have the atmosphere the Orange Bowl did. That's 3 home losses in a row between them and the Dolphins. Home field advantage indeed.

 

UM stll goes to the CCG if they run the table.

 

 

 

Why is UM recruiting all their QB's from Florida when everybody knows all the good QB's are in California, Western Pennsylvania and a couple other places. I just don't like black guys as QB's. With very few exceptions, they suck at that position. 90% of WR's and CB's are black because white guys for the most part suck at that position. Maybe its just because black guys run faster? All men are created equal, except when it comes to athletics.

 

 

 

I have no answer however, for why 99% of kickers/punters are white. Maybe there's just no black guys or guys of other races(or very very few) that wanna be kickers?

 

 

 

 

You just realized this now?

Realized what? I only said that so people wouldn't call me a racist.

 

 

 

 

Why was UM knocked out of the top 25 in both poles? I've seen teams lose to unranked teams and not fall out of the top 25. The polls hate UM.

I blame the school for moving out of the Orange Bowl. JRS just doesn't have the atmosphere the Orange Bowl did. That's 3 home losses in a row between them and the Dolphins. Home field advantage indeed.

 

UM stll goes to the CCG if they run the table.

 

 

 

Why is UM recruiting all their QB's from Florida when everybody knows all the good QB's are in California, Western Pennsylvania and a couple other places. I just don't like black guys as QB's. With very few exceptions, they suck at that position. 90% of WR's and CB's are black because white guys for the most part suck at that position. Maybe its just because black guys run faster? All men are created equal, except when it comes to athletics.

 

 

 

I have no answer however, for why 99% of kickers/punters are white. Maybe there's just no black guys or guys of other races(or very very few) that wanna be kickers?

 

 

 

 

You just realized this now?

Realized what? I only said that so people wouldn't call me a racist.

 

 

 

 

Why was UM knocked out of the top 25 in both poles? I've seen teams lose to unranked teams and not fall out of the top 25. The polls hate UM.

 

Probably because they lost 45-17 at home!

It's getting close to time to end the Brantley experiment. We're putting a pocket quarterback and expect him to thrive in a running QB system (spread, with screens and option plays).

 

If Urban Meyer grew some balls, he would put Trey Burton in at QB. He fits the system our offense runs, and he's the playmaker this offense desperately needs. Sure he's a true freshman, but he's got Tim Tebow like poise out there.

 

 

Also, Steve Addazio is still a terrible offensive coordinator. He should look over at Mississippi State's side, go over there and talk to Dan Mullen. Then he'll finally understand what a real offensive coordinator should sound like.

It's getting close to time to end the Brantley experiment. We're putting a pocket quarterback and expect him to thrive in a running QB system (spread, with screens and option plays).

 

If Urban Meyer grew some balls, he would put Trey Burton in at QB. He fits the system our offense runs, and he's the playmaker this offense desperately needs. Sure he's a true freshman, but he's got Tim Tebow like poise out there.

 

 

Also, Steve Addazio is still a terrible offensive coordinator. He should look over at Mississippi State's side, go over there and talk to Dan Mullen. Then he'll finally understand what a real offensive coordinator should sound like.

 

 

This.

It's great to be a Florida Gator hater. :D

 

 

Yes it is.:D

 

The UF biology department are working on a Tebow cloning system as we speak. Next years UF starting QB will be Tebow clone #7(It took 6 clones to work the bugs out). :lol

Seriously, every time Trey Burton ran the option at QB, good things happened. Every time (outside of the last drive) Brantley was at QB, he was pressured, and he either missed the throw or was sacked.

 

I am absolutely baffled at some of the stupid play calling that the Gators have on offense this year. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that you get your ball to your PLAYMAKER when you need a play late in the game. Yet on that last drive, there was Trey Burton on the sidelines, not even out there to try and catch the ball and make a play.

 

And Chas Henry is nowhere near to blame for this. He's easily the best punter in all of college football, only kicking because of an injury to our regular kicker Sturgis.

 

The three major reasons we lost

 

1. Playcalling

2. Lack of playmakers (outside of Burton)

3. Kicking

 

The defense did their job for the most part. 10 points is good enough. This offense is just the worst I've seen our offense since I started watching Gator football.

Seriously, every time Trey Burton ran the option at QB, good things happened. Every time (outside of the last drive) Brantley was at QB, he was pressured, and he either missed the throw or was sacked.

 

I am absolutely baffled at some of the stupid play calling that the Gators have on offense this year. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that you get your ball to your PLAYMAKER when you need a play late in the game. Yet on that last drive, there was Trey Burton on the sidelines, not even out there to try and catch the ball and make a play.

 

And Chas Henry is nowhere near to blame for this. He's easily the best punter in all of college football, only kicking because of an injury to our regular kicker Sturgis.

 

The three major reasons we lost

 

1. Playcalling

2. Lack of playmakers (outside of Burton)

3. Kicking

 

The defense did their job for the most part. 10 points is good enough. This offense is just the worst I've seen our offense since I started watching Gator football.

 

 

It's certainly been rough to watch this nonsense, but I guess it was bound to come eventually. Brantley is being put in a position to fail, and that's too bad. Urban also needs to get involved again...this team is super, super sloppy. A shame that 10 first quarter points are what did them in.

 

In other news, misery loves company.

  • Author

We are lucky to still be undefeated in ACC play after today's game. If we were playing a better defense, Ponder could have easily had six or seven picks instead of just three (not to mention the lost fumble.) Easily his worst game of his career.

 

I hope that this was just a poorly played game because we were coming off so high after the Miami win.

Hawks beat michigan. Denard robinson didn't do much.. Forcier looked a lot better. Hawks got up 28-7 than michigan made it interesting.

 

Two big home games in a row... wisconsin and then michigan state.

Hawks beat michigan. Denard robinson didn't do much.. Forcier looked a lot better. Hawks got up 28-7 than michigan made it interesting.

 

Two big home games in a row... wisconsin and then michigan state.

 

 

That Michigan State game could be for all the marbles. If State survives that, they may be look at the BCS championship...

 

I think Bama has a great shot to get back into the title game. They are ranked #7 but still play 3 ranked teams. If they win those they'll play another ranked team in the SEC championship. That should be enough to get them in I think.

Latwan Anderson is certainly a goner now....

 

"Its easy to judge what you don't understand. We do it all the time, for one to speak on something they know nothing about is just pointless. This is the place we all wanna be but I remind you not ever one is wanted. This has nothing to with playing time I knew before I signed those papers I was redshirting no matter what.

Its great you feel so strong for your team, but tell me this if you had a son here and they didnt treat him right what would you do?

 

I knew I was leaving awhile ago, not cause I didnt play but cuz my mom is sick... and my grandparents are getting to old to take care of my brothers and sisters so I have to be closer to help out. I have alot of problems back home you would know nothing about, because all you know is what you see on the internet.

 

You complain that why would I go where they talk **** about me, well you just did the samething they did. You just didnt take it as far as they did. I understand you being upset based off what you think you know, but I was always told if I didnt exactly know something then I should ask.

 

Thsis program isnt what it use to be, its falling apart starting on the inside coming out. there is no excitement on the field or side line because no one wants to play for these ppl in office. My family was originally gonna try to move down here I dont wanna leave if I dont have to. The way these ppl treat US(ppl who arent playing) isnt right at all.

 

At half time of the FSU game they would even let us sit with the team, talk to them give them words of encouragement, hear coach shannons speech or anything. They sat us in a little as room lock the door and told us not to bring our asses out of that room. Is that what the U is all about is that the way ed reed did it Melvin Bratton is that the way its done? Then on top of that they brought everyone food except us not to mention its 1 30 in the morning, but when we ask where is our food they tell us to stop ***ing.

 

and thats how Ive been treated since I got here I bet you didnt know I quit football awhile ago Ive been straight track. I wasnt allowed to eat breakfast,lunch,or dinner with the team. Sometimes I wasnt even allowed in the meetings. I refuse to be used like a rag doll and then put on the field when he has no choice I know I can make a big name off 1 yr but I wanna win a ****** championship damnit thats what we are here for. If I wanted to just play I wouldve went to west virginia.

 

 

I understand you being upset, and I would be too in your shoes but you should never attack someone like that if you dont know fulling or understand whats going on. I love this place I still went and got the U tattooed on my chest 2days ago knowing I was probably gonna not be here. So you can never question my attitude toward this program I love this **** I miss 3 ****** funerals to help my team get ready for a fast shift return man in greg reid all damn week. and I get cursed out ppl tellin me I didnt work them hard enough in practice because they got in the game and acted like a bunch of ***es. Well im sorry if your upset because I think that the rest of the non-travel squad and myself should be treated like part of this team but it is what it is.next time ask questions ask any fan who has come to me respectfully I dont mind letting the fans see things from the athlete side of things"

 

 

This definitely doesn't look good for Shannon and his staff...

You got a link for that article?

 

Let me guess. You posted that with a cellphone. Even if you can't click the URL button on a cellphone, you can type the URL tags. Or is it copying and pasting the URL that's the problem? I don't have a cellphone. Brain cancer and big brother and other tinfoil hat reasons. But if I get a job that requires me to have a cellphone, brain cancer be damned. It'll be a way better job then I have now.

Iowa just lost because of some of the worst time management I have ever seen (by a team not coached by Les Miles).

Iowa State beats Texas in Austin. :lol

 

 

LETS GO HAWKS!

 

What happened to Texas?

 

 

 

 

 

Iowa's coach should be fired. He just screwed up royally. Should've spiked the ball instead of calling time out.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.