Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2010 College Football Thread

Featured Replies

Alabama scored 10 points total in the 1st, 3rd, and 4th quarter combined. There was just a bad 2nd quarter. Offensive identity and play calling is a major issue for the Gators.

 

 

What does it matter when they scored? Alabama eased up after being up 31-6. There is no sense of acomplishment in saying that they held them scoreless in the 4th quarter. Its like saying the Dolphins only allowed 6 points in the first half monday night, they just had a bad second half. The bottom line is they got beat bad.

Looking forward to MSU-Michigan.. I think MSU pulls out a victory 34-24

3rd and 10 handoffs where you fumble are my favorite.

 

I also enjoy running balls out from 8 yards deep in the endzone when you're not Devin Hester.

 

Thirdly, I am a fan of throwing balls 10 yards out of bounds and hoping your receiver was sprung from the loins of Catwoman and Stretch Armstrong.

UM is getting destroyed.

 

 

And the SEC is still the best conference in college football and it's obvious.

Steve Addazio is still a terrible offensive coordinator.

  • Author

I'm still in shock...I predicted us to drop this one.

 

Noles win, Canes lose, Gators lose, Saban loses, and FSU will now be the top-ranked team in Florida and has a clear path to play in the ACC championship game (and the way they played tonight, they are the favorite to win it.)

 

The only way this day could have been any better would have been if Notre Dame had lost, but I'll take it.

Typical saban putting blame on his players after a loss. when he wins, loves to take the credit. when he loses, players fault.

 

Still will never forget after Iowa beat LSU on a last second bomb in the Cap1 Bowl a while back.. everyone knew the kid blew the coverage but he had no problem shedding light on it over and over afterwards.

 

Dudes a prick.. can't believe players line up to play for the guy.

UM just was embarrassing tonight. Would it be asking too much to at least show up to the game? That goes for the coaches too.

 

That's 5 straight for the road team I think.

 

I can't think of a single player on UM who had a good game. Pathetic run defense, penalties continued drives, AWFUL special teams, bad offense and terrible play calling by Whip.

 

Team probably had better run the table from here or the calls for Randy Shannon's head will continue.

Watching the 'Canes tonight, I felt like they should have taken Harris out. He looked like he was in a ton of pain, and it was clear he wasn't even 50%. However, I don't know much about the UM backup situation, so I don't know if this was really an option.

  • Author

Watching the 'Canes tonight, I felt like they should have taken Harris out. He looked like he was in a ton of pain, and it was clear he wasn't even 50%. However, I don't know much about the UM backup situation, so I don't know if this was really an option.

 

 

 

Their backup situation is about as bad as it gets. They have A.J. Highsmith, who is terrible, and then their OC's son who I haven't seen play in my life. Considering he is a Junior and a transfer from UMass though, he can't be that good either.

 

They either could have had a decent QB in (Harris) but without any mobility, or not have any type of passing game whatsoever.

 

Speaking of injuries, our defense better hope that Rhodes, White and Moody are all ready to go for next week.

UM just was embarrassing tonight. Would it be asking too much to at least show up to the game? That goes for the coaches too.

 

That's 5 straight for the road team I think.

 

I can't think of a single player on UM who had a good game. Pathetic run defense, penalties continued drives, AWFUL special teams, bad offense and terrible play calling by Whip.

 

Team probably had better run the table from here or the calls for Randy Shannon's head will continue.

 

 

The only positive was seeing Cooper near 100%....he looked explosive.

 

But yeah, it seemed as if they came out thinking they were playing FAMU again. No drive or anything.

I blame the school for moving out of the Orange Bowl. JRS just doesn't have the atmosphere the Orange Bowl did. That's 3 home losses in a row between them and the Dolphins. Home field advantage indeed.

 

UM stll goes to the CCG if they run the table.

 

 

 

Why is UM recruiting all their QB's from Florida when everybody knows all the good QB's are in California, Western Pennsylvania and a couple other places. I just don't like black guys as QB's. With very few exceptions, they suck at that position. 90% of WR's and CB's are black because white guys for the most part suck at that position. Maybe its just because black guys run faster? All men are created equal, except when it comes to athletics.

 

 

 

I have no answer however, for why 99% of kickers/punters are white. Maybe there's just no black guys or guys of other races(or very very few) that wanna be kickers?

The only way this day could have been any better would have been if Notre Dame had lost, but I'll take it.

 

I was going for Notre Dame as their win further cheapens UM's cheap win over Pitt.

 

Definitely UM and probably Florida should be out of the top 25.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.