Billy in 2012?

Something crossed my mind today... if the Marlins are losing the teal in 2012... does Billy's look have to be changed? Will he be a new, updated color? Or will he keep the teal? And if the teal stays on Billy... does this mean the teal in our color scheme is staying in some capacity?

It's a minor point, but it popped in my head today when I saw Billy on a poster at work and right away I thought to ask on here.

Any clue how this works?

My guess is Billy will just change his cap and jersey but the rest of him will remain the same. Even if he has teal on him, it doesn't mean teal has to be a color. Dinger of the Rockies has a rainbow of colors for instance.

Yeah but Dinger is mostly purple by far and the Rockies have never changed their colors. If the Rockies suddenly went blue (for arguments sake), wouldnt Dinger then switch to blue?

This is weird, I feel like Im bringing up a silly argument about mascot colors, but I'm wholeheartedly interested in figuring this out.

If Billy wants to be paid market rate, he will be released or traded.

Billy for the Philly Fanatic?:p

All I know is that if Billy is traded and Beinfest doesn't get a decent return, it will set this franchise back for years. We can't let a valuable commodity like Billy go for below market value.

If Billy wants to be paid market rate, he will be released or traded.

Billy for the Philly Fanatic?:p

All I know is that if Billy is traded and Beinfest doesn't get a decent return, it will set this franchise back for years. We can't let a valuable commodity like Billy go for below market value.

To be fair, Billy has gained a lot of weight since he's been here and isn't as mobile in his position as he once was. He's still a great mascot with a very promising future, but I think we should listen to some offers.

He's gotta stop hanging out with the Manatees. Too much pizza and beer.

Don't worry, he stopped hanging with them when they started grilling salmon. Billy took offense.

Why are they grilling, or at least something besides hot dogs and sausages?

GET FATTER!!!!!!!!!

Gotta get some of that Omega-3 buddy

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Ok, enough of that. Back on topic. I seem to have a knack for derailing threads. I don't usually create the tangent(as in this case) but I give it a big push.

Nobody mentioned that Billy is a Marlin (as in the actual fish). I doubt his colors would change to much otherwise he would look weird. Or at least un-Marlin(the fish) like.

Billy has outperformed his current contract to the point where we can't afford to keep him around anymore. Gizmo is right about Billy's weight gain -- it has certainly become an issue and while he still remains one of the top mascots in the game, his ability to get around the stadium has certainly diminished and ultimately may require him to accept a different role. There's a rumor going around that says Detroit has expressed interest in Billy and are willing to offer three promising young mascots for him-- Cammy May-fin, Andrew Fisher, and Burke the Bad Grasshopper. I think we should bite.

Billy has outperformed his current contract to the point where we can't afford to keep him around anymore. Gizmo is right about Billy's weight gain -- it has certainly become an issue and while he still remains one of the top mascots in the game, his ability to get around the stadium has certainly diminished and ultimately may require him to accept a different role. There's a rumor going around that says Detroit has expressed interest in Billy and are willing to offer three promising young mascots for him-- Cammy May-fin, Andrew Fisher, and Burke the Bad Grasshopper. I think we should bite.

I do not agree. The Dodgers have made a far better mascot prospect offer headed up by Cod Billingsley, Clayton Kingfish and Mackerel Kemp. Also the possibility of Anchovy Eel-ier being thrown in.

I do not agree. The Dodgers have made a far better mascot prospect offer headed up by Cod Billingsley, Clayton Kingfish and Mackerel Kemp. Also the possibility of Anchovy Eel-ier being thrown in.

Very nice ! :lol

Maybe I'm being overly suspicious here, but for some reason, that seems a bit fishy to me. I just can't put a fin-ger on why...

Maybe I'm being overly suspicious here, but for some reason, that seems a bit fishy to me. I just can't put a fin-ger on why...

:haha