Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Post Your Picture Thread

Featured Replies

Oh... well that's funny because I was writing that post and I was about to write

"Jack White's guitar solos are pretentious and boring" but I decided against it :lol

. All I was thinking the entire time was "okay we get it. Amazing guitar solos. You're very talented. Too much distortion. You're driving me mad."

 

Judging your picture... you didn't happen to be next to a smelly obnoxious Canadian guy off to the right of the stage?

Nah, I was lying down towards the sound booth. I got to the fest early and was standing up from about 1, so I had to take a break.

 

I totally get why you don't like Jack's solos. For what it's worth, I wasn't overly impressed by the Killers live and find Brandon Flowers' persona almost unbearably obnoxious. So we'll probably have to do the "Tomayto, tomahto" thing here.

I was lucky enough to have gotten tickets for the Killers private show the night before. I really, really love their music now after hearing it all live. I understand what you mean about Flowers' persona though. When seeing the whites of that mans eyes at the private show... I just said to myself... he doesn't look like he'd be a very nice person.

 

Now, that much isn't necessarily true but he does give off the vibe. My only complaint about their performance was his semi lack of showmanship. He doesn't communicate with the audience enough, talk in between songs, interact, etc. It wasn't until 'All These Things That I've Done' with the fireworks and the confetti cannons that it really felt like a connected audience. While it's hard to have that connection with a festival audience, he performed in the exact same style in a private show in front of a mere 1,000 people. It made me wonder why they agreed to do a private show if they weren't going to give it an even remotely personal feeling.

There's very little natural or spontaneous about their live show. They make really excellent dance-y pop, but the live show is kind of a bore because there are no surprises.

 

There's also something very manufactured about his on-stage persona. It's unnatural, which is what bothers me. It feels like he's trying to play a character.

 

Compare how he acts during this performance of "When You Were Young" to so many of their other performances. It's like he's consciously trying to be someone else (and in this case, it seems he's trying very hard to be like Craig Finn of the Hold Steady, which is really odd and almost inexplicable, but unmistakable if you know how he is during concerts.)

Trying to look scholarly.

 

 

I'm going to go ahead and say this.

 

You're a good looking dude.

 

Agreed.

There's very little natural or spontaneous about their live show. They make really excellent dance-y pop, but the live show is kind of a bore because there are no surprises.

 

There's also something very manufactured about his on-stage persona. It's unnatural, which is what bothers me. It feels like he's trying to play a character.

 

Compare how he acts during this performance of "When You Were Young" to so many of their other performances. It's like he's consciously trying to be someone else (and in this case, it seems he's trying very hard to be like Craig Finn of the Hold Steady, which is really odd and almost inexplicable, but unmistakable if you know how he is during concerts.)

 

 

 

Well on the first part that's kind of where I agree to some degree. It wasn't really until the fireworks and the confetti cannons that something happened between the band and the audience. Not enough interaction going on. I've been to a fair amount of shows in my life even at my age and just about every act I've seen will at least tell a little story in between some songs or whatnot, or lead up to a song in conversation.

 

But The Killers actual performance in terms of music was phenomenal. I only picked up about one error that they made and it wasn't necessarily an error so much as the guitarist fell off of the rhythm during "Human".

 

As for an unnatural or manufactured persona, it doesn't really bother me because I can't draw the connection. I just think he had a very preppy/cocky looking demeanor about him. But me thinks you got a grudge about "When You Were Young" :lol My favorite song of the night had to be either "Losing Touch" or "All These Things That I've Done". Certainly not one of the best concerts I've been to, but overall it was pretty damn good because they make a great live sound.

To much man love on this board. Its so scary, OmG.

 

 

Want to take off our shirts and kiss?

To much man love on this board. Its so scary, OmG.

 

 

Want to take off our shirts and kiss?

http://

 

Hosting a karaoke show at a bar in PA, smiling because the Phillies are losing a playoff game

 

 

I LOOOOOOOOOVE karaoke

This got weird real fast, as the lone female why don't I just leave you all in here to...admire each other....

 

There are other females, they just haven't shown up yet.

This got weird real fast, as the lone female why don't I just leave you all in here to...admire each other....

 

There are other females, they just haven't shown up yet.

 

Nor will they :)

This got weird real fast, as the lone female why don't I just leave you all in here to...admire each other....

 

There are other females, they just haven't shown up yet.

 

Sounds like every party I've ever thrown.

To much man love on this board. Its so scary, OmG.

 

 

Want to take off our shirts and kiss?

 

Yes.... Yes I do.

 

 

 

I need to go take a shower. "Finkle is Einhorn. Einhorns a man" is all in thinking about right now. Points to who ever knows what I'm talking about.

This got weird real fast, as the lone female why don't I just leave you all in here to...admire each other....

 

There are other females, they just haven't shown up yet.

 

Sounds like every party I've ever thrown.

Even your wedding?

To much man love on this board. Its so scary, OmG.

 

 

Want to take off our shirts and kiss?

 

Yes.... Yes I do.

 

 

 

I need to go take a shower. "Finkle is Einhorn. Einhorns a man" is all in thinking about right now. Points to who ever knows what I'm talking about.

 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Finkle+is+Einhorn.+Einhorns+a+man

  • Author

Me being awesome at Orlando Calling.

 

 

We really wanted to go to that; Kid Cudi -> Avett Brothers -> Pixies -> Killers on main stage, yesplz.

 

But not dropping nearly 100 bucks per ticket on it, and we didn't want to drive all that way to see if we could sneak in :\

 

Certainly sounds like it was awsm though

 

I got my ticket for $45 :)

 

It was indeed awesome. I ended up seeing the bands you listed, plus The Raconteurs, Lucero, and Dr. Dog.

 

I was super dissapointed that they switched the Roots and Cudi's times, because I would much rather have seen the Roots than Cudi, but he was pretty good.

 

For my picture:

 

 

 

The wife and I at a friend's wedding a few months ago.

I really want to stroke your...beard.

I always have to stop myself from doing this.

To much man love on this board. Its so scary, OmG.

 

 

Want to take off our shirts and kiss?

 

Yes.... Yes I do.

 

 

 

I need to go take a shower. "Finkle is Einhorn. Einhorns a man" is all in thinking about right now. Points to who ever knows what I'm talking about.

 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Finkle+is+Einhorn.+Einhorns+a+man

 

That is pretty f***ing awesome unless you just gave me a worm.

To much man love on this board. Its so scary, OmG.

 

 

Want to take off our shirts and kiss?

 

Yes.... Yes I do.

 

 

 

I need to go take a shower. "Finkle is Einhorn. Einhorns a man" is all in thinking about right now. Points to who ever knows what I'm talking about.

 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...+Einhorns+a+man

 

That is pretty f***ing awesome unless you just gave me a worm.

 

He didn't. It's just a website meant for smartasses :)

Well I could definately win the award for that. I'm surprised you didnt say something about him giving me a worm. I just realized that was probably not the best thing to say the way this thread is going.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.