2012 NFL Offseason Thread

Marlins

Jets & Jags are the top 2 teams vying for Tebow...

But if all it'll take to get Tebow is a 5th round pick then I think even the Dolphins should be interested...

In addition to the Jets, NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that the Jaguars have "serious interest" in trading for Tim Tebow.

The Jags apparently aren't just discussing the idea "internally." Citing multiple NFL GMs, NFL Network's Jason La Canfora has suggested Tebow might bring back no more than a fifth-round pick as compensation. If so, several teams should be interested, and owner Shad Khan's fondness of Tebow dates back to 2010. The Jets and Jaguars appear to be Tebow's likeliest suitors at this point in time. The Broncos didn't plan to drive a hard bargain, but they could as interest begins to swell. In Jacksonville, it's believed Tebow would start out only as a third-stringer and Wildcat option.

Two sources have confirmed to ESPN New York that the Jets' interest in Tim Tebow has "intensified."

The Jets have reportedly gone from "lurking on the periphery of the trade talks" to in the thick of them. A team source confirmed to ESPN New York the potential move would at least in part be an effort to heal the Jets' fractured locker room. "Bringing in a guy like (Tebow) would help," the source said. "It makes perfect sense." In reality, adding a polarizing personality like Tebow could serve to further divide Gang Green, and would certainly put even more pressure on embattled starter Mark Sanchez. A league source has also confirmed to ESPN's Adam Schefter the Dolphins are "not likely" to make a move for Tebow.

I don't want him starting here, but if I'm the owner it's got to be tempting, it would certainly boost ticket sales & fan interest. Certainly wouldn't be boring. Hopefully it would just be as an option every once in while, goal line situations, that kind of thing. But of course after every incomplete pass from Gabbert the fans are going to be chanting Tebow... sort of playing with fire there. It's not as simple as "hey why not trade for him if it's just a 5th round pick", because after that what do you do with him?

Personally I want to see if Gabbert can develop.

I mean if you're the owner do you just hand Tebow the job on the chance that it works out?? Jacksonville's probably the one place that could get away with it...

Mixed feelings about him on the Jets. If Sanchez is as mentally-fragile as some report, then it could be bad for him. But, if the "circus" aspect can be mitigated (especially by Sanchez just improving), then he could be a helpful player in some packages, and he might be able to improve the locker room, too; subtracting Plaxico Burress + adding Tim Tebow should help that aspect.

But, if the "circus" aspect can be mitigated ... and he might be able to improve the locker room, too

Antonio Cromartie minutes after the deal broke:

Y bring Tebow in when we need to bring in more Weapons for @Mark_Sanchez let's build the team around him. We already signed to 3 year ext.

ehe

But, if the "circus" aspect can be mitigated ... and he might be able to improve the locker room, too

Antonio Cromartie minutes after the deal broke:

Y bring Tebow in when we need to bring in more Weapons for @Mark_Sanchez let's build the team around him. We already signed to 3 year ext.

ehe

Your "ehe" here made me laugh.