Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4/09 Post Game

Featured Replies

This day off between series games is just an early-season thing right? Not a fan of it

 

 

In one of the games Waltz and Hutton explained it as a provision made for northern/possible winter weather games. So if the first game is cancelled because of being too cold/snowy/sleet a game can be played on the off day without doing a double header.

That's so Marlins!

This day off between series games is just an early-season thing right? Not a fan of it

 

 

In one of the games Waltz and Hutton explained it as a provision made for northern/possible winter weather games. So if the first game is cancelled because of being too cold/snowy/sleet a game can be played on the off day without doing a double header.

I see.. makes sense. I guess I never realized that.

This day off between series games is just an early-season thing right? Not a fan of it

 

 

In one of the games Waltz and Hutton explained it as a provision made for northern/possible winter weather games. So if the first game is cancelled because of being too cold/snowy/sleet a game can be played on the off day without doing a double header.

I see.. makes sense. I guess I never realized that.

 

Actually I didn't either; I went and checked. The Mariners, Padres, Astros, Diamondbacks all had 3 consecutive days home openers. The Reds, Rockies, Phillies, Pirates had an opening day, day off and then 2 day home openers. Didn't go any farther in the checking at that point.

This day off between series games is just an early-season thing right? Not a fan of it

 

 

In one of the games Waltz and Hutton explained it as a provision made for northern/possible winter weather games. So if the first game is cancelled because of being too cold/snowy/sleet a game can be played on the off day without doing a double header.

I see.. makes sense. I guess I never realized that.

 

Actually I didn't either; I went and checked. The Mariners, Padres, Astros, Diamondbacks all had 3 consecutive days home openers. The Reds, Rockies, Phillies, Pirates had an opening day, day off and then 2 day home openers. Didn't go any farther in the checking at that point.

 

It's a "tradition" in some northern baseball towns.

Every team gets an off day after their home opener.

 

 

except us

We didn't need an off day.

 

CAUSE WE GOTS A ROOF NOW!

Has it dawned on you guys that there will never be another home doubleheader?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.