Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4/09 Post Game

Featured Replies

As if it's a surprise, the Marlins lead the whole league with 7 SB's after 5 games! (Boni is tied for the league lead with 4)

 

Also of note, Infante is tied for the league lead in HR's with 3.

I know it's just 5 games in and all, but I really hope Infante can keep this hitting up - not necessarily the power, but the solid contact. I wouldn't be surprised if he put up .300-15-70+

 

 

Aside from his fluke 16 HR season years ago, I see no reason to believe that he'll hit 15 this year. He is who he is, small sample side aside.

10, maybe?

I know it's just 5 games in and all, but I really hope Infante can keep this hitting up - not necessarily the power, but the solid contact. I wouldn't be surprised if he put up .300-15-70+

 

 

Aside from his fluke 16 HR season years ago, I see no reason to believe that he'll hit 15 this year. He is who he is, small sample side aside.

10, maybe?

 

About right.

Also, I love the running game so far. Without a question, I think we'll lead the league in SB's in the end of the year. On the flip side, maybe also CS, lol.

 

I definitely agree with this. Those guys are going to be thrown out from time to time, but there is a net benefit to having those guys at the top of the lineup constantly moving.

running at every opportunity definetly gives this team a feeling of excitment that we can make things happen with our speed even when we sre striking out at the plate. you get the feeling that with solid starting pitching this is gonna be a fun year and are only going to get better with each passing week

Also, I love the running game so far. Without a question, I think we'll lead the league in SB's in the end of the year. On the flip side, maybe also CS, lol.

 

I definitely agree with this. Those guys are going to be thrown out from time to time, but there is a net benefit to having those guys at the top of the lineup constantly moving.

 

If we keep running with the right guys, and in the right circumstances (unlike that double steal against Cinci), then sure its a net gain. The problem is Ozzie's track record doesn't necessarily indicate that will be the case, though. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us finish at the top 3 in SB while finishing in the bottom 3 in SB success rates.

Also, I love the running game so far. Without a question, I think we'll lead the league in SB's in the end of the year. On the flip side, maybe also CS, lol.

 

I definitely agree with this. Those guys are going to be thrown out from time to time, but there is a net benefit to having those guys at the top of the lineup constantly moving.

 

If we keep running with the right guys, and in the right circumstances (unlike that double steal against Cinci), then sure its a net gain. The problem is Ozzie's track record doesn't necessarily indicate that will be the case, though. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us finish at the top 3 in SB while finishing in the bottom 3 in SB success rates.

 

I think the personnel here is much more conducive to success on the basepaths than those White Sox teams, though.

Also, I love the running game so far. Without a question, I think we'll lead the league in SB's in the end of the year. On the flip side, maybe also CS, lol.

 

I definitely agree with this. Those guys are going to be thrown out from time to time, but there is a net benefit to having those guys at the top of the lineup constantly moving.

 

If we keep running with the right guys, and in the right circumstances (unlike that double steal against Cinci), then sure its a net gain. The problem is Ozzie's track record doesn't necessarily indicate that will be the case, though. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us finish at the top 3 in SB while finishing in the bottom 3 in SB success rates.

 

I doubt that.

As Bobbob said, the personnel is better here and fits that managerial style of his.

 

And if they're successful, no one's going to say anything about it. (for example, the 1st inning of today's game)

I'm watching the Cubs v. Brewers and guess who is pitching for the Cubs? Volstad!!!

 

He is getting hit around, which makes me glad we traded him. I hope we see Volstad pitching against Z when we play the Cubs down here.

  • Author

That's assuming Ozzie is calling the shots on those stolen bases. Our top 3 guys have the green light to go whenever. It's more their decision when to run than Ozzie's IMO. Except on plays like the double steal or squeeze play of course.

The Phillies lineup is in shambles right now.

 

We need to sweep this from them while we can.

 

JJ does well vs Roy.

 

Philly has a putrid bullpen this year - I hope we can make Roy work, get him out after 6, and take the game late.

 

JJ just needs to prevent the big inning.

Also, I love the running game so far. Without a question, I think we'll lead the league in SB's in the end of the year. On the flip side, maybe also CS, lol.

 

I definitely agree with this. Those guys are going to be thrown out from time to time, but there is a net benefit to having those guys at the top of the lineup constantly moving.

 

If we keep running with the right guys, and in the right circumstances (unlike that double steal against Cinci), then sure its a net gain. The problem is Ozzie's track record doesn't necessarily indicate that will be the case, though. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us finish at the top 3 in SB while finishing in the bottom 3 in SB success rates.

 

I doubt that.

As Bobbob said, the personnel is better here and fits that managerial style of his.

 

And if they're successful, no one's going to say anything about it. (for example, the 1st inning of today's game)

That's assuming Ozzie is calling the shots on those stolen bases. Our top 3 guys have the green light to go whenever. It's more their decision when to run than Ozzie's IMO. Except on plays like the double steal or squeeze play of course.

 

 

All this is assuming Ozzie isn't dead by Friday. :X

That's assuming Ozzie is calling the shots on those stolen bases. Our top 3 guys have the green light to go whenever. It's more their decision when to run than Ozzie's IMO. Except on plays like the double steal or squeeze play of course.

 

 

I'm mostly OK with having guys like Hanley, Reyes and Bonifacio running a lot, because they are good at it. I think most managers should take advantage of their speed and abilities.

 

The concern with Ozzie comes from having slow guys run, something he did too much in Chicago.

Our top 3 guys have the green light to go whenever. It's more their decision when to run than Ozzie's IMO. Except on plays like the double steal or squeeze play of course.

 

You're right, it IS their decision to go, with no exception for the second half of double-steals:

 

"We've got a green light, and Cole Hamels, he's a little bit slow to the plate. So we need to take advantage of that," the former Mets shortstop said. "I've faced Hamels plenty of times in my career, so when we get on, we just try to put a little pressure on."

 

Confirmed Guillen: "They're on their own. We've got to run. We've got to use the pieces we have. We can't rely on the home run, even though the home run has helped us the last couple games. Those guys have to keep going."

 

No sign was given. It's up to Bonifacio to focus on Reyes and follow his lead. In that situation, the catcher is almost always going to try to nail the lead runner, since it's a shorter throw. As long as Bonifacio stays alert, he should be able to advance to second easily.

 

http://mlb.mlb.com/n...ws_mlb&c_id=mlb

 

We'll be running wild all year because our 1-2-3 have the green light and the speed to succeed. They'll probably set some sort of record, at least for the team.

I always miss the good games. The Marlins are 2-0 when I am not watching - grrr.

 

Please dont watch any more games this season Holly

This day off between series games is just an early-season thing right? Not a fan of it

This day off between series games is just an early-season thing right? Not a fan of it

 

Yeah, it's only the first week and a half of games. This'll be the last one.

Yes. This sucks.

We should save these off days for Aug/Sept when its hurricane season. It seems like whenever we get a hurricane we have to squeeze in 3 DH in 2 weeks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.