Attendance

Like a late arriving crowd, this is a late arriving reply. Pierre, were you writing from your seat on Friday or elsewhere? If elsewhere, you should be the first to give us a reason why people did not fully pack the place on Friday.

No, I wasn't at the game that night.

I have been at 2 games so far though and think the stadium is great, and the parking/drive from anywhere in the tri-county area isn't that bad, even from extreme south dade or extreme north palm beach.

I don't know why they didn't fully pack the place on Friday night under ideal conditions with a concert and a hot team against the New York Mets. I can understand only 18k asses in seats tonite on a rainy Monday with school and AP tests going on, but is there anyone who would have expected before the season started that if, if, if, everything came up as ideal as it did last Friday, that the stadium would be less than SRO. Perhaps instead of some being automatically derogatory we could think of positive things the franchise could do.

Maybe they can do even better at communicating how easy the different parking options are.

Maybe get more team-sponsored park and bus sites for individuals and groups. It helps to get groups like little league teams(or really any group) if transportation isn't as much an issue...from a money and legal liability pov. Heck, the bus can be an extra source of revenue for the franchise.

Maybe look to the Naples market....it's big enough but gas money is an issue. Offer team buses there, and maybe even offer a Clevelander bus in all the markets.

Promote/advertise more.

One thing they don't have to do is offer any price concessions....just show and advertise the product better.

a minor side note...this thread was originally started at 7:49 EST. That's my time zone and the team's time zone. Well after the game started.

If some think it was 6:49 check your settings on this site...they're set on Central time.

I'm sure we'll get 20K plus tomorrow night too...on a Tuesday against Pit while the Heat is playing at the same time at home. That shows that one the NBA is over more people will show up. Because a lot of people including me are not going just to see the Heat in tv, not even going to the game.

I'm sure we'll get 20K plus tomorrow night too...on a Tuesday against Pit while the Heat is playing at the same time at home. That shows that one the NBA is over more people will show up. Because a lot of people including me are not going just to see the Heat in tv, not even going to the game.

Can't really compare an NBA playoff game to a regular season game in May against the Pirates though.

announced crowd of 25000 tonight

probably would have been around 10,000 in Sun Life for a Monday night against the Pirates with the threatening rain earlier

It was a good loud crowd. I was there. The lower bowls looked 80-90% full with the execption of one section on the 1B and 3B sides. Those were empty and for some reason. They kept moving people from there it looked like.

The upper decks were at about 50%-40%. Considering it's cheaper up there, I'm sure the marlins are ok with the upper deck being almost empty. It did look dark up there.

From watching the telecast this evening you'd think that someone in the Marlins organization reads these boards :laughpurple .

The push is on to communicate better how easy the new park experience is. You'd almost think they read my thoughts above in post #55, or maybe they just figured it out on their own. :idea

At the game tonight. Bought tix at the gate. They have to do a better job of moving the lines at the gates. We got here at game time. There were about 15 people in front of us in line, but it took an hour to get tickets and get in the stadium.

I got to Rogers Centre 10 minutes before game time once (a little over a year ago, come to mention it). I got in during the 3rd inning or 4th inning. I'd imagine this is true about a ton of ballparks.

You're probably right. My biggest complaint though was the inefficiency of the people at the ticket counter. There were nowhere near enough people in front of me in line to justify it taking that long. If there were more people then I would expect to wait.

This was true at Rogers as well. I couldn't believe how long it took.