7/15 Post game

Michael

Hanley & Lomo left like 11 men on base. Another one of those games where it seemed like things could've easily gone differently with a little luck. If they sent Nolasco from 3rd they've got a lead. Hanley hit one down the line that was a foot or two from scoring two runs...

Things just don't seem to click often enough.

As far as I'm concerned the season is over. This is not a World Series team despite all the money we threw around in the off season recruiting all these under-performing "talents." We are not winning no World Series, and much less getting there, with the people we have on this team.

But it's early !

:closedeyes

Seriously, if anyone is still dreaming of being Pharoh (King of Denial) on this team, this weekend should be enough to convince you.

If this team wins 78 it will be a miracle.

So how much longer do we go with Eduardo Perez ...

But its the players fault, not his !

You can't fire the whole team for sucking, so you have to hold the coaches accountable for the team's under-performance. Eduardo Perez has gotten a free pass for too long. Had the Marlins been any other team, Perez would have been fired weeks ago.

You can't fire the whole team for sucking, so you have to hold the coaches accountable for the team's under-performance. Eduardo Perez has gotten a free pass for too long. Had the Marlins been any other team, Perez would have been fired weeks ago.

The only reason he got hired is the same reason he hasn't gotten fired. Tony is his daddy. He needs to man up and quit.

Too many flaws in this line-up:

1) Reyes - This guy is a fast lead-off runner yet it seems like a high percentage of his ABs are balls hit in the air... where are the infield singles, the bunts for hits?

2) Omar - He is now Gaby 2.0 with his popping sh*t up... despite his average he is very streaky - you'd think he'd be more clutch

3) Hanley - Anti-clutch. I do not want him up in a big AB - before you know it, he's taken two bad swings and is in an 0-2 hole. Needs to really shorten his swing with his arms. Seems like he is always late or way off on pitches he should be crushing - I'd like to see a real quick compact swing with less "wind-up"

4) LoMo - Good to see he is hitting the ball to left a bit but man he takes damn good strike 3 pitches too much - needs to learn how to protect the plate and foul stuff off that looks close

I don't put much value in hitting coaches but at the same time i wouldn't have hired a .247 lifetime hitter for my hitting coach.

Most hitting coaches weren't exceptional hitters themselves, but are good at breaking down the mechanics of hitting and teaching it.

Exactly.

The one constant on this team this entire season has been the bad hitting with RISP. Pitching has been good, pitching has been bad. Bullpen, same thing. Defense, I'd say decent at best. This team has been bad at scoring runs in scoring position, all season, without fail.

I don't put much value in hitting coaches but at the same time i wouldn't have hired a .247 lifetime hitter for my hitting coach.

Most hitting coaches weren't exceptional hitters themselves, but are good at breaking down the mechanics of hitting and teaching it.

He's good at neither.

A fresh perspective might help

I agree, but you replaced the hitting coach last year too. If you do that too many times, real veteran coaches look at the organization and just say "I pass" even on an opportunity to be an MLB hitting-coach. They think of the Marlins organization as "unstable", and you may not get your 1st, 2nd or even 3rd choice because of this. Then you end up settling for someone of lesser quality or some one probably too young to really be able to help. Would that person be better than Perez ?

I was being sarcastic. The right person I am sure read it, and understood what I meant.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.