July 25, 201214 yr Wonder if the disaster of Heath Bell will prevent us from signing other big name FA's going forward? No, hopefully it teaches the FO not to sign closers to long term contracts.
July 25, 201214 yr If the Marlins are serious about dumping Bell on someone else, and we can find someone gullible enough to take him, I volunteer to personally drive Bell to his new team if that's what it takes to get him out of Miami.
July 25, 201214 yr I'll probably be lambasted, but I like Bell as a person, so I'm not really digging the fat jokes. He needs to go though.
July 25, 201214 yr I'll probably be lambasted, but I like Bell as a person, so I'm not really digging the fat jokes. He needs to go though. I've not resorted to fat jokes at any time with Bell, but in this instance the thread title simply could not be ignored. Bell wouldn't appear fat to me if he wasn't so terrible. With every save he blows, he gets a little bigger in my eyes.
July 25, 201214 yr They're going to need a forklift. Move him with what? A forklift? Hey guys what do you think about a forklift?
July 25, 201214 yr They're going to need a forklift. Move him with what? A forklift? Hey guys what do you think about a forklift? Dude, clearly, what we need here, is a forklift.
July 25, 201214 yr I'll probably be lambasted, but I like Bell as a person, so I'm not really digging the fat jokes. He needs to go though. I said the same thing towards the beginning of the season, about the fat jokes.
July 25, 201214 yr They're going to need a forklift. Move him with what? A forklift? Fine a tow truck...
July 25, 201214 yr A very large spork tied to a tow truck and dragged all the way back to Los Angeles. Sadly he'd either seize up and die or lose all of the weight by then.
July 25, 201214 yr I'm thinking they're going to need a large helicopter. It'll kinda be like when they transport whales except instead of pouring water, it'll be ice cream and butter.
July 25, 201214 yr To get him to the helicopter they'd need a forklift of course Helicopter would crash due to imbalance.
July 25, 201214 yr To get him to the helicopter they'd need a forklift of course Helicopter would crash due to imbalance. And the Dunkin donuts food.....
July 25, 201214 yr if they're lucky, they may be able to trade him for a stick of gum, a slightly used jockstrap, and a wet fart In your dreams, no way they send the gum and the used jockstrap.
July 25, 201214 yr I haven't heard a single rumor involving Bell. I have to imagine that the Marlins were laughed off the phone when they called up other GMs to inquire about a deal. At least that's what I would do.
July 25, 201214 yr I haven't heard a single rumor involving Bell. I have to imagine that the Marlins were laughed off the phone when they called up other GMs to inquire about a deal. At least that's what I would do. I wouldn't take him if he came for free. Imagine all of the hidden costs like food, fuel, and space. Not to mention the forklifts they would have to devote to him
July 25, 201214 yr Author Bell hasn't given up a run since the All-Star break (5IP) & he had a streak of 10 straight appearances without allowing a run earlier this season-but everytime it seems like he's gonna figure things out he just explodes. My main problem though is that even when he hasn't allowed a run hes looked bad. I just don't understand why all of a sudden he's only able to throw his fastball for strikes. What the heck happened to you, Bell?
July 25, 201214 yr I just don't understand why all of a sudden he's only able to throw his fastball for strikes. What the heck happened to you, Bell? Even he can't answer that, and I haven't seen a good explanation anywhere.
July 25, 201214 yr Anybody listening to inside pitch, Bell is on right now. Im not listening at the moment.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.