My Season Preview

Admin

I don't think there is any way Ruggiano hits 25 HR's. The rest of the predictions, taken individually, are not all that outrageous. However...as last year proved, you can't rely on everybody on your roster hitting their career avg or their "potential". 75 wins is within the realm of possibiity...i'm thinking 70-92. I also think Jacob Turner will be starting again nol later than June 1st....either because Ricky got traded or they move LeBlanc or Slowey to the bullpen. It would be interesting to see what management does if the team is hovering near .500 in early June.

Solano wont touch any of those #s. .287 might be his OBP and .387 might be his SLG. In almost 3000 minor league at bats, he is a .633 OPS hitter. In almost 3000 minor league at bats he had 10 home runs total. I cannot fathom why people are expecting so much out of him.

I actually have no problem with the projections. Outside of the one for Solano(which is laughably ridiculous) and the very generous W/L record, they arent bad.

Laughably ridiculous, way to keep your comments classy Spike!

I'd say thinking the Marlins will be the worst team in history is laughably ridiculous but I'm classier than that.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

Saying a guy who has an .633 OPS(.314 OBP, .319 SLG) and 10 HRs in almost 3000 minor league at bats against MiLB pitching will hit 7 HR, get on base at the # you suggest and slug like you think against MLB pitching is laughably ridiculous, I am sorry.

I'm starting to think Solano has made some adjustments from his minor league days and will be alright. He kinda keeps on hitting. I think he'll do a bit worse than the projections, but not terribly bad. Hopefully he can sustain a high LD% like he did last year. His .OBP is basically .AVG related.

I think the Ruggiano projection is a bit optimistic. I don't think he'll do that well. I'm not even sure if he's going to get the opportunity to start every day.

I really don't think Stanton hits .324.

I think a healthy Polanco will put up better #'s than the projections.

The pitching staff is pretty fair overall. Some a bit better, some a bit worse.