Boni traded to Royals

Admin

Wow the blue jays absolutely annihilated their future this past offseason for nothing: Marisnick, Nicolino, Desclafini, Syndegaard, D'Arnaud. Plus i feel like im missing 1 more.

Edit- Hech and Henderson Alvarez too. They literally traded an entire possible starting rotation.

As bad as the press for that trade was for the Fish, it really seems to me that we reped Toronto...Though from what I've heard we "should have" gotten a better deal?

To be fair, the only reason why that trade looks good right now is because we got rid of Mark Buehrle's salary which is an accomplishment by itself.

The players we've gotten back haven't been overly impressive though.

As bad as the press for that trade was for the Fish, it really seems to me that we reped Toronto...Though from what I've heard we "should have" gotten a better deal?

To be fair, the only reason why that trade looks good right now is because we got rid of Mark Buehrle's salary which is an accomplishment by itself.

The players we've gotten back haven't been overly impressive though.

I wouldn't say that's the only reason. Even if our return hasn't lit the world on fire... the future potential of everyone we got (except for Mathis) is far greater than the almost foregone conclusion that in two years Toronto will only have Jose Reyes left from that trade, and maybe a shell of Mark Buerhle. Buck, gone... Boni, gone... JJ, horribly underperformed and more than likely gone. The Blue Jays are gonna be a wreck in 2015. The Marlins should (fingers crossed of course), should be worth a damn in 2015.

If the Jays will be hurting a couple of years from now, it will be more because of the money they have invested in overpriced contracts and not the absence of talent they dealt to the Marlins.

If the Marlins are competing in 2015 it will be more because of the players they've drafted themselves than those acquired from Toronto.