2013 World Series Thread

Michael

Guest Vince0926

World freaking boring series.

Really? I've enjoyed this game. Granted, I've been doing other things and watching on mute a bit, but still.Ok then, today was ok. I wanna see games that go to the bitter end the rest of the series.

It's pretty dumb that so many people are blaming Joyce for the outcome of this game when it was obviously the right call. The runner makes it home no problem if Middlebrooks isn't lying there.

It's crazy/weird way to end a World Series game, but Saltamacchia should be the actual person drawing most of the attention here for the poor decision to throw to third on that play--not even a good through.

So while it's strange to have such a technical rulebook clause decide the game, I don't see the big deal if the catcher simply botched a throw to third base (that Middlebrooks could handled).

Guest Vince0926

After seeing this play 3 times I've come to the logical conclusion that will middlebrooks in his quest to help cheat his way to the tenth put his legs up tripping Craig. He should be placed in the middle of second base and we should all throw tomatoes and apples at him because he's a cheating man.

Oh by the way if Jim Joyce is getting death threats then these people are stupid. YOU umpire the game then. People can be so dumb. Cardinals won, get over it.

A lot of people don't understand baseball and it's disgusting that Joyce is getting death threats over it.

I was surprised the 3rd base umpire didn't make the call right way but I guess they had to see if Craig had a legitimate chance of scoring first there was not doubt in my mind it was obstruction and if it was back in the days when I played I would have kicked Middlebrooks ass for tripping me up. I guess Craig couldn't very well do that now a days, even though he got hurt on the play. In my mind it was 100% intentional there is no natural movement of lifting your legs up to try to stand up to field a ball, not in that way!

This World Series isn't crazy enough yet. Allen Craig needs to hit a walk-off HR tonight that goes down the line so he can combine the Fisk moment with the Gibson moment as he then hobbles around the bases. All while Joe Buck exclaims "I don't believe what I just saw" Let's make that happen.

I'm so upset. I haven't been able to stay awake for any of these games. I'm so tired from work I barely make it through 2 innings. fml.

It's been an ok Series only outside of the couple of controversial plays. At least it's not done in 4 games like the 2004 Series was.

I wonder if ... has been able to stay up for these games. Would really put me to shame.

Watched every minute of every game. I'm generally in favor of the maximum number of games being played, but in this case it would have been just fine if STL had swept at home and ended it. Now the chance of it turning out well is less then 25%. Oh, well.

At least this is McCarver's last year.

Guest Vince0926

I want cardinals to win for Beltran. But if they do indeed win the next two they will be undoubtedly the best team. Taking two over there will be HARD.