March 15, 201412 yr Ignoring the miscellaneous gratuitous shots at Loria, I'll wait for those the serious Loria-haters whose arguments have been shredded in detail to attempt some sort of response.
March 15, 201412 yr Loria was given the Marlins because he was being run out of Montreal, He has been a disaster in every way...I know we got a stadium that is state of the arts but at what cost Decreased Fan base We are the joke of MLB The entire organization structure is talent depleted and things are not getting better BTW The Florida market may have been attractive to potential Free agents, it may not be so for quite some time I have been a Marlins fan since day 1 I was at the Ballpark for the first win I have seen some lows but in comparison to all these years I have never seen the fans so down on this team not even after the first fire sale Thank you Mr Loria
March 15, 201412 yr Over the past 21 seasons, the Marlins have created a culture of losing, cheapness, low attendance, and firesales. 1997 and 2003 are basically outliers. People aren't so quick to forget that unflattering aura that has been surrounding the club for over two decades. Jeffrey Loria had a big role in solidifying this impression of the franchise. The new ballpark promised an opportunity to change this image, but Loria fucked it up in every way conceivable with the way he constructed and dismantled the 2012 team, meddling in team affairs, and not recognizing the worth in arbitration buyouts for people like Stanton.
March 17, 201412 yr And here's what apologists like ... don't get: Things will NEVER change with Loria and Samson. Fans don't come because there is no ownership commitment to winning. Ownership doesn't commit to winning because the fans don't come. Rinse and repeat. I know ownership was very disappointed with the lack of fan support during the first few months of 2012. But a real ownership commitment means putting a contender on the field for at least 2-3 years. Given the history of parsimonious management of this team, fans are understandably wary of the occasional expenditure.
March 17, 201412 yr I don't think fans really give a shit who the owner is. If this team starts winning, then they'll show up and pretend they were here all along. However, this front office might make it difficult for us to win. That's the problem.
March 17, 201412 yr I don't think fans really give a s*** who the owner is. If this team starts winning, then they'll show up and pretend they were here all along. However, this front office might make it difficult for us to win. That's the problem. This is exactly it. I'm not defending Loria and company at all... but once a winning product is out there, fans will come and not care who owns the team. The casual fan's memory is amazingly short.
March 19, 201412 yr The deal on the park was corrupt? Please explain exactly what about the "deal" on the park was "corrupt." We eagerly await your inside information. The team lied? Please detail the "lies." This could be hot stuff. The SEC would be interested. We eagerly await your revelations. Tax collections will not make the bond payment? That's already been demonstrated to be totally false, see a few posts above. I guess you didn't bother to read the thread before spouting more lame BS. What a surprise. And, yes, usually elected officials are stupid. Especially when it comes to money or economics. Perhaps even more stupid than you are, although that's hard to imagine. And, no, I'm not involved with the stadium deal other than to comment on it at length. Usually to take apart juvenile attacks on it like the one you just made. I believe the SEC is interested. Might want to fact check the books that the team provided. I await your reply on one of such intelligence. You seem way to defensive to not have been involved? Most people notice that name calling is last resort of those unable to defend their position. Oh yes Mensa called they await your application.
March 19, 201412 yr You don't seem to have even the faintest passing acquaintance with any actual facts. The SEC is investigating the County, which has a history with the SEC on bond issuance and has been previously penalized. The Marlins provided no "books" to anyone. You're the one who made ridiculous claims. Put up or shut up.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.