My 2014 Predictions, I'm Your Host Linda Richman.

SongInTheAir

Not that I disagree with your individual player projections, but there's no way that we end up with 77 wins in this case. I also don't see how those ERA's you projected = top-10 staff in the big leagues.

In order to get 77 wins, some guys are going to have to overachieve and I don't think you have any player exceeding expectations, really.

Not that I disagree with your individual player projections, but there's no way that we end up with 77 wins in this case. I also don't see how those ERA's you projected = top-10 staff in the big leagues.

In order to get 77 wins, some guys are going to have to overachieve and I don't think you have any player exceeding expectations, really.

I did my wins projection based more on how bad the NL East is going to be. I think we'll get solid years from the bench guys and bullpen to make up for the thoroughly unimpressive year by our offense. Either way, thanks for giving it a look, guys!

I think you're a little bearish on the Braves to say that they will barely clear .500. Yes, I'm concerned about their pitching, but I think their offense has to be better than last year even without McCann.

How do you figure their offense improves after losing McCann?

Heyward should be better, I can't imagine BJ Upton hits .179 again, and Andrelton Simmons should improve at the plate. Justin Upton's overall year was also down after a hot start, so I figure he will be more consistent this time around. I'm also interested to see what Gattis does for a full season as a starter. Uggla? Who knows. I'm not optimistic, he's been like this for almost 3 years now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.