Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5/16 Marlins vs Giants

Featured Replies

Casey at the bat...

 

With the mightiest of swings, Casey came through with a go ahead hit.

 

F*ck yo book endings.

Reyes has been abysmal this year. I'd actually question them playing him over hech

 

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

 

That's ridiculous. It's a small sample.

I hope that this is Reed Johnson's last start for awhile.

 

He literally had multiple hits in four of his last six games before today. Calling for his head as a starter after today seems super harsh and wrong.

He literally had multiple hits in four of his last six games before today. Calling for his head as a starter after today seems super harsh and wrong.

 

He's a 37-year-old player who has spent most of his career as a valuable pinch-hit/platoon player. He's not an every day starter. We should be developing young players. Yelich and Ozuna should get the majority of the playing time. Johnson can play when we face a tough lefty.

BUT BUT BUT JONES HIT A LEFTY LAST TIME

Another first pitch swinging hit for Jones against LHP. LOVE that approach.

We're currently still in contention and Ozuna has shown he likely still needs minor league seasoning. I'm absolutely fine with Reed starting until he cools off.

 

Oh and YAY JONES

I understand match ups and Jones being bad against LHP but he was hitting pretty damn good today. I would've let him hit in that situation without a doubt. I hate taking the bat away from a player zoned in on the day.

We're currently still in contention and Ozuna has shown he likely still needs minor league seasoning. I'm absolutely fine with Reed starting until he cools off.

 

Oh and YAY JONES

 

If that's truly the case, send him to the minor leagues.

That was not a good decision regardless of the outcome.

That's the reason why every decision shouldn't be based on statistics.

If that's truly the case, send him to the minor leagues.

 

I'd like to see that. Honestly would like to see Bour or Canha come up and become the team's pinch hitter anyway.

I understand match ups and Jones being bad against LHP but he was hitting pretty damn good today. I would've let him hit in that situation.

 

Lopez dominates lefties. Jones doesn't hit them well.

Lopez struggles against righties. Baker hits lefties well.

 

That decision won't be criticized in the postgame thread only because it "worked."

I'd like to see that. Honestly would like to see Bour or Canha come up and become the team's pinch hitter anyway.

Lose an outfielder unless you trust Lucas out there.

I'd like to see that. Honestly would like to see Bour or Canha come up and become the team's pinch hitter anyway.

 

I wouldn't mind that. I just don't want to see Ozuna on the bench. He should be getting playing time somewhere, imo.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.