May 21, 201412 yr Now, I know the Marlins front office is head and shoulders above all others when it comes to admitting they make mistakes. Even Marmol lasted a few more games than he really should have. But this one mistake, the most glaring, has got to end. Adieny Hechavarria is not a MLB caliber player, let alone a starter. Yet he has played every game, got the most ABs, and even led off at one point. Despite the "eye test", he is not all that great a defensive player. He can only go one direction and he misplays what should be routine fairly regularly. And he cannot hit. not even a little bit. And in the rare instances where he can, he has absolutely no power. No power, doesn't draw walks, struggles to put the ball in play. And while he does occasionally get on base, he is a horrible baserunner to complete the trifecta. I know the Marlins FO loves him. They laughably believe he is an All Star, when he shouldnt even be in the league. What does it say about a team when a guy who is pretty obviously(and statistically on top of it) one of if not THE worst players in baseball gets ran out there every day despite him bringing nothing to the ballclub. Find someone to replace him with, I dont care who. He should be in Jupiter, not the Majors. He seems like a nice enough guy but its misery knowing he is going to be in the lineup every night no questions asked. Make it stop.
May 21, 201412 yr http://www.therunnersports.com/2014/02/24/miami-marlins-shortstop-adeiny-hechavarria-number-one-last-season/ The experiment should have ended before the season even started.
May 21, 201412 yr Shh or Tejada will be the new SS There's a pretty decent chance Tejada would be more productive than Adeiny. Tejada was actually above replacement level in 2013 in 167AB which is more than can be said for adeiny.
May 21, 201412 yr I like Hech. Why? Because he wears a Marlins uniform. If I want to hate a player I've got 25 other players on 29 other teams to choose from.
May 21, 201412 yr Now, I know the Marlins front office is head and shoulders above all others when it comes to admitting they make mistakes. Even Marmol lasted a few more games than he really should have. But this one mistake, the most glaring, has got to end. Adieny Hechavarria is not a MLB caliber player, let alone a starter. Yet he has played every game, got the most ABs, and even led off at one point. Despite the "eye test", he is not all that great a defensive player. He can only go one direction and he misplays what should be routine fairly regularly. And he cannot hit. not even a little bit. And in the rare instances where he can, he has absolutely no power. No power, doesn't draw walks, struggles to put the ball in play. And while he does occasionally get on base, he is a horrible baserunner to complete the trifecta. I know the Marlins FO loves him. They laughably believe he is an All Star, when he shouldnt even be in the league. What does it say about a team when a guy who is pretty obviously(and statistically on top of it) one of if not THE worst players in baseball gets ran out there every day despite him bringing nothing to the ballclub. Find someone to replace him with, I dont care who. He should be in Jupiter, not the Majors. He seems like a nice enough guy but its misery knowing he is going to be in the lineup every night no questions asked. Make it stop. Make these whinny posts stop.
May 21, 201412 yr I like Hech. Why? Because he wears a Marlins uniform. If I want to hate a player I've got 25 other players on 29 other teams to choose from. Who said anything about hating a player? Spike even said he "seems like a nice enough guy." It's not about hating him; it's about him sucking and whether or not it's best for the team to keep playing him this often.
May 21, 201412 yr Author Who said anything about hating a player? Spike even said he "seems like a nice enough guy." It's not about hating him; it's about him sucking and whether or not it's best for the team to keep playing him this often. Yeah it isn't like Hech would win the penguin's current contest
May 21, 201412 yr Make these whinny posts stop. That's fair, since your posts are so much more useful than the "whinny" ones.
May 21, 201412 yr I like Hech. Why? Because he wears a Marlins uniform. If I want to hate a player I've got 25 other players on 29 other teams to choose from. So who did you take, Pinto or Julio?
May 21, 201412 yr Author Can we at least have Rich Waltz stop enthusiastically over-pronouncing Hechavarria's name whenever a ground ball is hit to him?
May 21, 201412 yr Author This actually came about when talking with a Cardinal fan today who said "I love that SS you guys have! I cant pronounce his name"(he then proceeded to make several attempts to say his name before continuing), "even though he cant hit at all ".
May 21, 201412 yr Hech is now below average in everything that Fangraphs tracks: -0.2 Baserunning -4.7 Offense -0.8 Defense Well on track for another negative WAR season. Despite that, he'll still probably get more at bats than anyone else on the team.
May 21, 201412 yr Considered going winnie cooper as well Can I get a little Hocus Pocus action ITT???
May 21, 201412 yr Author If the Cardinals FO likes him as much as that fan, I think a phone call needs to be made. Ask Mozailek for Shelby Miller and Oscar Tavarez. Work your way down to a novelty bat signed by Fred Bird. Dont just GIVE him away.
May 21, 201412 yr This guy's going to be our shortstop through 2015. It's frustrating as hell, because everything he does just looks so pretty. His fielding is smooth, and he even has a pretty nice looking oppo swing. I feel like he spent more time in front of a mirror working on his swag than he did actually practicing his game. He seems like a really nice guy, but holy shit I don't want him on my team anymore.
May 21, 201412 yr Author I dont want him on my planet anymore. See if he will volunteer to be one of the first colonists to Mars. Just dont let him pilot the spacecraft, as he would miss the planet.
May 21, 201412 yr I dont want him on my planet anymore. See if he will volunteer to be one of the first colonists to Mars. Just dont let him pilot the spacecraft, as he would miss the planet. But he'd look damn good doing it
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.