Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Post Game 8/3

Featured Replies

That has a lot to do with intentional walks too. What I am saying is that it is too easy to expose his weakness.

 

All in all, a setback weekend. Horrible call, 2-out runs, and runners left on base. Cannot afford to fall much farther back and we need Stanton and Ozuna to lay off that pitch and force the pitchers to throw strikes. We all cringe when they bat because we never know what they are going to hack at.

 

And when you see Stanton consistently reaching with one hand expecting to hit something, you have to question whether or not he really gets what he needs to do to be better.

 

There's a reason why he gets intentionally walked and stuff

  • Author

There's a reason why he gets intentionally walked and stuff

 

Did I say there wasn't? I am not doubting the danger he poses but he is not reliable. He has come up in way too many situations and gone down with a horrible at bat. Pitcher doesn't even have to throw it close.

Stanton is just a run of the mill weak hitter. Put in perspective. You want Stanton on the cover of a baseball video game. He can....as long as he lays off those pitches. Laying off pitches equals succumb to throwing it around the plate and he will kill it. He had flashes this week I will give you that. I expect the we are losing 7-1 traditional Stanton meaningless homer, but he couldn't even do that! He struck out. Mcgehee. SMH also. Needed a day off, now finally has one. And ozuna?!? Where do I begin?

There's a reason why he gets intentionally walked and stuff

 

Canada marlin gives the consistent answers here. He gets the intentional walk because for the billionth time, they are too stupid! Give a slider to Stanton, and soon every team out there will know it, and he will chase. Someone in the game thread mentioned switching up that ball throwing machine in the cage, so he can recognize what's good and what's bad. Whoever mentioned that should get a reward. Because that's exactly what he should do. That "slider pitching machine" is not translating to the game.

Did I say there wasn't? I am not doubting the danger he poses but he is not reliable. He has come up in way too many situations and gone down with a horrible at bat. Pitcher doesn't even have to throw it close.

 

Don't even argue this brother, you are going to get ripped anyway. I agree with everything you say, but who am I you know?

I don't deserve a reward, it's fairly straightforward. If you want to be able to hit well off of pitchers, you need a machine to throw more like a pitcher. A pitcher will not throw you just fastballs or just sliders or just change-ups or just one pitch 100% of the time. Need to mix it in and take a ton of hacks off of that pitcher. Wait back, learn to recognize the pitch, etc.

Vince, please stop. No one is in the mood for your idiocy.

 

Then tell buddy to lay off the sliders.

I don't deserve a reward, it's fairly straightforward. If you want to be able to hit well off of pitchers, you need a machine to throw more like a pitcher. A pitcher will not throw you just fastballs or just sliders or just change-ups or just one pitch 100% of the time. Need to mix it in and take a ton of hacks off of that pitcher. Wait back, learn to recognize the pitch, etc.

 

Thank you.

You guys seem to think I got real life beef with him but Stanton might as well be interchangeable with ozuna. What is the difference?

You guys seem to think I got real life beef with him but Stanton might as well be interchangeable with ozuna. What is the difference?

 

Their numbers?

Some players, even good to great hitters, just like certain pitches. Vladimir Guerrero would swing at anything, literally. Jim Edmonds loved pitches chin high and would swing almost every time and rarely made contact. Albert Pujols, one of the best hitters of a generation, struggled with pitches on the inner half at his ankles but still swung quite often. You are being an ill informed douche.

I don't understand why there's an issue with a guy hitting .290 with a .389 OBP and .546 slugging percentage.

 

You're just stupid like all the other teams that intentionally walk him.

Yup. I am definitely a troll and a moron. I also wear glasses when I watch my games on tv. Oh and speaking of glasses, not one of you has suggested that Stanton perhaps use glasses when he bats. Maybe um, it can help? I'm a troll and a moron, but who struck out YET AGAIN when the game most mattered.

 

I can see you, spike, when Stanton comes up with the bases loaded. You must be thinking "wow Stanton, oh man, here comes a grand slam, I can't wait, just a matter of time" and then poof, strikeout and your little fantasy vanishes. Bender robot, canda, sdg210, and for myself probably approach this situation when Stanton comes up as "*deep breath* let's see what happens...." mentality.

 

And good job calling me names, I can't see why nobody likes you except for Erick.

You're just stupid like all the other teams that intentionally walk him.

 

The same .290 that was once .330 something until June rolled around, you're right.

Vince defended my country so I will never call him a name. He also had that great winning streak before rule 7.13. Speaking of stupid, rule 7.13 is stupid!

You dont know me very well because I tend to skew negative in my opinions and generally expect the worst, so expecting a grand slam is not something I would do.

 

You however act like Stanton is one of the worst hitters in the game so yes, you are being a troll and/or a moron.

 

Fucking Navy.

The same .290 that was once .330 something until June rolled around, you're right.

 

He was never close to .330.

You dont know me very well because I tend to skew negative in my opinions and generally expect the worst, so expecting a grand slam is not something I would do.

 

.

 

That's the spirit.

Vince defended my country so I will never call him a name. He also had that great winning streak before rule 7.13. Speaking of stupid, rule 7.13 is stupid!

 

Yeah I don't want to think about that bullshit game.

You dont know me very well because I tend to skew negative in my opinions and generally expect the worst, so expecting a grand slam is not something I would do.

 

You however act like Stanton is one of the worst hitters in the game so yes, you are being a troll and/or a moron.

 

Fucking Navy.

 

He's not one of the worst hitters in the league! He's a solid B plus player. Far from F, or Jacob turner.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.