Rays @ Marlins 4/11/15

Further evidence that Hechavarria sucks...

Jarrod "Strikeout" Saltalamacchia and Adeiny "Infield Pop Up and Grounder to Second" Hechavarria will keep this team out of the playoffs if they get 400 plate appearances.

​Stanton is 0-for-3 with a strikeout. Gordon is 0-for-3. Prado is 0-for-3.

Defensive ability has nothing to do with hitting ability. If he hit half as good as his defense he would be a pretty good all around player.

​He hit .279 last year, and was close to .290 for a chunk of the year. He had 10 triples.

​Batting average is literally the most worthless statistic in the known universe.

​You're thinking of WAR, and about fifty other stupid Sabermetrics.

​Uh oh, Song is your mortal enemy now

Jarrod "Strikeout" Saltalamacchia and Adeiny "Infield Pop Up and Grounder to Second" Hechavarria will keep this team out of the playoffs if they get 400 plate appearances.

Defensive ability has nothing to do with hitting ability. If he hit half as good as his defense he would be a pretty good all around player.

​He hit .279 last year, and was close to .290 for a chunk of the year. He had 10 triples.

​Batting average is literally the most worthless statistic in the known universe.

​I prefer statistics that rate a player's entire contribution to a team rather than a simple ratio of hits to at bats. If you're relying on batting average only, Jarrod Saltalamacchia has had a better career than Adam Dunn did.

​I prefer statistics that rate a player's entire contribution to a team rather than a simple ratio of hits to at bats. If you're relying on batting average only, Jarrod Saltalamacchia has had a better career than Adam Dunn did.

​I never said I was relying solely on batting average. It just makes no sense to say that someone with a .279 average and ten triples (while hitting in the 8-spot for most of the year) is "terrible."

​He's currently hitting .056 with 0 triples

​I never said I was relying solely on batting average. It just makes no sense to say that someone with a .279 average and ten triples (while hitting in the 8-spot for most of the year) is "terrible."

​He's currently hitting .056 with 0 triples

Comparable to Stanton.

What?