6/13 Rockies @ Fish

Guest Vince0926

No.....it's not

It is. 95 is very possible on a cutter.

If a slider can go 91, a cutter can go 95. Cutters are thrown more straight [y'know, like a fastball is, cause that's what it is], where-as a slider is thrown off-center - still thrown with the same arm motion as a fastball, but obviously due to rotation, doesn't have the velocity.

It is. 95 is very possible on a cutter.

If a slider can go 91, a cutter can go 95. Cutters are thrown more straight [y'know, like a fastball is, cause that's what it is], where-as a slider is thrown off-center - still thrown with the same arm motion as a fastball, but obviously due to rotation, doesn't have the velocity.

It's not. Physics don't apply in your world? I'm not trying to be a douche although I probably sound like one, but a 95 MPH cutter is physically impossible........right now 

It's not. Physics don't apply in your world? I'm not trying to be a douche although I probably sound like one, but a 95 MPH cutter is physically impossible........right now 

​Kenley Jansen, every single pitch. He doesn't throw a four-seamer, he throws a cutter, and is consistently hitting 95.

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/velo.php?player=445276&time=&startDate=03/30/2007&endDate=06/13/2015&s_type=2

Here you go. Look at "Cutter" average velocity. Not always 95, no, but he consistently hits 95 with his cutter [and even higher with his sinker!], has some months where he AVERAGED 95 and 94.

I pitched - I threw a four seam, cutter, two seam, curve, and change. My cutter and two seam were about the same speed, a couple mph below the four seam - if someone can throw a four seamer in the upper 90s, a cutter in the mid 90s is entirely possible.

You douche.

​Kenley Jansen, every single pitch. He doesn't throw a four-seamer, he throws a cutter, and is consistently hitting 95.

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/velo.php?player=445276&time=&startDate=03/30/2007&endDate=06/13/2015&s_type=2

Here you go. Look at "Cutter" average velocity.

I pitched - I threw a four seam, cutter, two seam, curve, and change. My cutter and two seam were about the same speed, a couple mph below the four seam - if someone can throw a four seamer in the upper 90s, a cutter in the mid 90s is entirely possible.

You douche.

It's not.....but I apprecaite the acknowledgement of the douche part

I just gave you fucking proof.

Or are you trolling me at this point?

You didn't prove anything. 2 guys have actually thrown a cutter....Leiter invented it & Mariano perfected it...neither could do what you're suggesting....I'm gonna bow out of this before I get accused of hijacking another game thread