Should the Marlins bring back Ichiro next season?

Guest Guest

Should the Marlins bring back Ichiro next season?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Marlins bring back Ichiro next season?

• Yes 
    • No 

"First 4-hit game since 2013".  You say that like its nothing special.

First off any time a guy gets 4 hits in a game, its meaningful.  I'm not saying he's an All-Star anymore but if you have a guy who IS capable of doing that, then why the hell isn't he worth a bench spot when his contract will be inexpensive anyway. 

you (and a bunch of other people) say that, but would the Marlins recoup the $2million or so they'd have to pay Ichiro for the season solely during those couple of days media coverage? I don't see it

You act like the 2 mil would go to waste otherwise.  He would be more productive than most guys you would sign for 2 mil

you (and a bunch of other people) say that, but would the Marlins recoup the $2million or so they'd have to pay Ichiro for the season solely during those couple of days media coverage? I don't see it

Its not just a couple of days though.

And yes, I imagine that 2 million investment would be well worth it in all reality.

*waits* for @Erick or @SongInTheAir to tell me that Ichiro's FYUWHGDB proves he is only worth 510k at most

Ichiro in his 40's is worth no more than league minimum. He's been outplayed this year by Cole Gillespie for what it's worth. 

Ichiro is, at best, a 5th OF'er and I don't think we need to carry one next year. I also don't think that casual fans will care for Ichiro's 3,000th hit since he doesn't even play every day. Fans aren't going to know when to come out and watch him.

I also don't think that casual fans will care for Ichiro's 3,000th hit since he doesn't even play every day. Fans aren't going to know when to come out and watch him.

You are 10000000% wrong about that one, the place will be near sold out or completely sold out when 3k becomes possible. Its the only time casual fans DO show up.  They somehow know when there's an event to see and they do go

You are 10000000% wrong about that one, the place will be near sold out or completely sold out when 3k becomes possible. Its the only time casual fans DO show up.  They somehow know when there's an event to see and they do go

You KNOW the FO will trade Ichiro back to Seattle when he reaches 2,999, don't you?

What's he now?  81 away?

fuck it. Play him nearly everyday. If he can somehow get that down to near 50 it's less they gotta use him next year. 

But he's taking valuable playing time away from key players!!!!