Should the Marlins bring back Ichiro next season?

Admin

Should the Marlins bring back Ichiro next season?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Marlins bring back Ichiro next season?

• Yes 
    • No 

A lot of players. Ichiro is terrible. He's got a -.3 WAR. Not sure why anyone would want him back as a 4th OF'er. Not sure why anyone would want any of these players back from our absolutely horrendous bench. Get rid of all of these guys. They suck. 

Name some for us.  

Name some for us.  

if you go on mlbtraderumors and look up all the upcoming free agent outfielders, I would take every single one of them over Ichiro. Ichiro, at this point in his career, is that bad and the list is that long.

Not to mention that this team doesn't even need to bring another OF'er back because the OF isn't really a problem.

Ichiro is just a waste of a roster spot.

i hope this was sarcasm. 

either that or you'd be a great fit for the "forward minded thinking" front office we have.

We knew when signing him he was a veteran player. I didn't expect much and thought it would just be cool to have someone like that. With so many people in and out and on and off of the DL, having him has filled some seats here and there; i'm sure of it. 

Well first of all I'd like to think that they go out and get a decent 4th outfielder.

So if Ichiro's like the 5th outfielder, then I guess sure okay...

... but I mean would you even want him over Gillespie right now if these games were meaningful?  I wouldn't.  And that's talking 5th outfielder.  I know it's a cool story and all, but it doesn't seem like it would benefit the team on the field.  I'd lean toward no. 

They'll sign him.

Because everyone is saying yes, David Samson will now check this and they'll sign Ichiro to an extension soon. 

If this doesn't prove that Admin is a Mets fan, I don't know what does.

I love how Admin always upvotes posts that call him out in order to make our allegations seem like a joke. This isn't a game Admin.

I like how fans of a team that bats Casey McGehee FOURTH in the lineup are worried about Ichiro being a 4th/5th outfielder next year. 

lol

He's batting fourth in a lost season. Who cares? McGehee isn't going to be batting fourth next year. As a matter of fact, he probably won't even be on the team.

he will get hit 3,000 next year, so thats worth it from a marketing standpoint.

you (and a bunch of other people) say that, but would the Marlins recoup the $2million or so they'd have to pay Ichiro for the season solely during those couple of days media coverage? I don't see it