Should the Marlins bring back Ichiro next season?

Guest Guest

Should the Marlins bring back Ichiro next season?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Marlins bring back Ichiro next season?

• Yes 
    • No 

I probably have an extreme bias since he's one of my favorite players, but yeah. You know, as long as he's what he was supposed to be this year and a veteran bench player/spot starter rather than the actual starter injuries forced him into being this year. I've seen the automatic outs that have come off the bench for this team. Mike Lamb, anyone? I'd rather take 60-year-old Ichiro than that. 

He'll be fine as a fifth outfielder behind Stanton, Yelich, Ozuna and Gillespie*

*I take it Gillespie will be back. He's good enough for an organisation that had Reed Johnson as a fourth outfielder.

If we can sort first base out we've a pretty decent line-up for next season, injuries permitting. Shame the pitching sucks.

I would want him back, does he really want to come back to this team? That's the real question!

he loves being a Marlin.  He's felt a tremendous amount of respect from the front office down to the clubhouse.  I am pretty sure he'll be back if they try

he loves being a Marlin.  He's felt a tremendous amount of respect from the front office down to the clubhouse.  I am pretty sure he'll be back if they try

I'm glad the FO didn't fuck that up like they do everything else. Ichiro's way past his prime but he was easily one of the best players of his generation.

who's an upgrade for a bench role?

A lot of players. Ichiro is terrible. He's got a -.3 WAR. Not sure why anyone would want him back as a 4th OF'er. Not sure why anyone would want any of these players back from our absolutely horrendous bench. Get rid of all of these guys. They suck. 

This team always has a washed up veteran on the bench who provides negative value, but they're kept because they're leaders who show the young guys the way. It's stupid. These days, they actually have three (McGehee, Mathis, Ichiro...and Mathis doesn't even count because he's actually always been terrible). 

Ichiro is Wes Helms and Greg Dobbs except he's Japanese and chasing history. For those interested in winning next year, he does nothing for the team from that standpoint. 

Guest Vince0926
This team always has a washed up veteran on the bench who provides negative value, but they're kept because they're leaders who show the young guys the way. It's stupid. These days, they actually have three (McGehee, Mathis, Ichiro...and Mathis doesn't even count because he's actually always been terrible). 

Ichiro is Wes Helms and Greg Dobbs except he's Japanese and chasing history. For those interested in winning next year, he does nothing for the team from that standpoint. 

very astute point but loria sees money and it ain't our decision. It's the culture of losing at its finest but at least there's that special perk of 3000

And at least Helms had that awesome year in 2006.

very astute point but loria sees money and it ain't our decision. It's the culture of losing at its finest but at least there's that special perk of 3000

In fairness, I'm pretty sure most (if not all) teams would consider keeping Ichiro around because of 3,000.

I mean, I understand the front office asking us whether they should move the walls in, but they really shouldn't be asking Admin to ask us about personnel moves.

yeah these dummies!