The Marlins Biggest Issue

GM

We can sit here and talk about this player or that player until we are blue in the face.

The fact is that the problem is far bigger than any one player on this roster or even in this organization.

The problem lies in the fact that the front office does the same shit on a yearly basis.

It starts with Jeff Loria.  Not so much the fact that he is the cheapest owner in baseball (he is), but in that he refuses to make organizational and/or cultural changes to franchise.

Its the same morons that run the front office and have been for a good decade.  They fire Beinfest as a move to show they are serious about changing stuff.  Who do they replace him with?  Other idiots from the front office.

Loria is impatient with managers and it is only to the detriment of the on field product.

Loria throws money at flashy signings, and none have ultimately worked out, but hey, it shows we are serious!

If the Marlins were serious about building a winning organization and getting back to the World Series which Loria claims is the goal then they should do some of the following if not all:

1) Fire the front office.  All of them.  You have to change the culture of this organization.  The same shit they allowed Hanley to do, they are allowing Giancarlo to do.   Allowing him to have that stupid G on this face mask may have been the stupidest thing they have done in years or since Hanley was around.  Why?  It shows that its all about Giancarlo.  They are going down the same path with Giancarlo (who is the worst leader they have had in years, and at 300 mil +, well you have to lead this team in some way.  Being a bitch back in May when the manager talk was going on doesn't do it.  Being a prima donna doesn't do it.  Bitching recently about changes need to be made, doesn't do it.  He must forget how fucking bad he was in the first six weeks.

2) Hire someone who is in complete control of baseball operations.  You cannot have Jeff Loria and/or David Samson have any real involvement in the baseball operations.  This shit doesn't work.

3) Make a decision that you are either going to spend money in development of players or you will just try to buy major leaguers.  Since this organization claims poverty, you cant do both.  You also can't do neither.  Look at the other poor clubs and what they have done recently.  They are winning.  Why?  They spend on developing players, through scouting, to the player procurement to the minor leagues.  The Marlins have proven year after year that they are inept in this category.  And it shows in the on field product.

These are the top 3 things they should do.  If they choose to not do #2, then they at least need to hire a General Manager who has a vision and let him execute that vision with little interference from ownership, only then will you see things turn around.

As long as this front office remains in place, nothing is truly going to change.

I agree with pretty much everything you said minus the Stanton stuff. He is NOT a diva. Guy is getting paid what he is worth and he was told that they would have a competitor on the field each year. He wants it to be known. We as the fans want that as well. He spoke up about it. 

Obviously him not being in the lineup changes a lot. He was going on a torrid pace wit homers and RBI before going on the DL. Exactly what we pay him to do. Because he has a G on his mask you are gonna say something about that? I like it. But that should be the least of our worries. 

Front office needs a facelift. But I don't see Loria doing it. The very least fire Hill. But I reallllly doubt that happens. 

I agree with pretty much everything you said minus the Stanton stuff. He is NOT a diva. Guy is getting paid what he is worth and he was told that they would have a competitor on the field each year. He wants it to be known. We as the fans want that as well. He spoke up about it. 

Obviously him not being in the lineup changes a lot. He was going on a torrid pace wit homers and RBI before going on the DL. Exactly what we pay him to do. Because he has a G on his mask you are gonna say something about that? I like it. But that should be the least of our worries. 

What other players have ever had their initial on their face mask in any sport?

He was a little bitch back in May when they were talking about the manager being fired.

His comments today are a bit bitchy.

He should focus on playing better (back in May) and actually getting back on the field now.

He should be leading this team, not its biggest bitcher.  A comment to the media like, hey we need to focus on the things we need to focus on to improve, we all need to do better would be the comment he should have made, not the we aren't good enough aka my teammates suck comment he made.

That's not how you fucking lead your team, and as the highest paid player, you are a leader whether you want to be or not. 

What other players have ever had their initial on their face mask in any sport?

He was a little bitch back in May when they were talking about the manager being fired.

His comments today are a bit bitchy.

He should focus on playing better (back in May) and actually getting back on the field now.

He should be leading this team, not its biggest bitcher.  A comment to the media like, hey we need to focus on the things we need to focus on to improve, we all need to do better would be the comment he should have made, not the we aren't good enough aka my teammates suck comment he made.

That's not how you fucking lead your team, and as the highest paid player, you are a leader whether you want to be or not. 

Of the things that are "wrong" with this team, you pick out Stanton.

Sheesh.

Yeah, I couldn't disagree more on the Stanton comments. You can't blame him for an injury that wasn't his fault. I agree with most of the other things you said, but Stanton is not the problem. Plus he's the only player on this team who can demand the FO actually does something to fix this team, and that they might listen to. In effect he's the leader on this team. It sure as hell isn't DJ.

Guest Vince0926
dont think it was today, maybe yesterday.

said something along the lines of this roster is shit and needs a lot of changes.

man. Would love a link for this. In his defense, yes, the roster is shit. But along the same lines, who is he to say a roster is shit? He never has been on a winning team and is not a good leader like this guy mentioned. He is far from the core problem however.

I want more on the roster being shit comments. For all the shit on the roster there's plenty of quality talent that isn't shit so he and any other player for that matter needs to be real cautious when just calling the roster shit. It just takes one "non shitty" player to take offense to the comments and then we have a problem.

who said anything about Stanton being the biggest problem on this team?  I'm just saying that instead of opening his mouth and basically saying that the roster is by and large not good enough, maybe he should look in the mirror.  Facts are when this season went to shit in May, Stanton was by and large complete and utter trash. 

Stanton gets the most attention because well, he is the highest paid player.  He is a prima donna, facts are facts. 

He just needs to go out there and be an example for the team to follow, at the very least, not be terrible when things are worst and basically blame all others.

And that's not even the main point of this topic anyway.

You have obviously never seen a hockey goalie. Or plenty of catchers in MLB. Or eyeblack on a college football player. etc, etc.

What catchers in MLB have their initials on their mask?

I honestly do not know.  Please name them.

I want more on the roster being shit comments. For all the shit on the roster there's plenty of quality talent that isn't shit so he and any other player for that matter needs to be real cautious when just calling the roster shit. It just takes one "non shitty" player to take offense to the comments and then we have a problem.

Imagine Yelich takes it as he is shitty and a part of the problem....

He's a brand. When you are a brand, you need to differentiate yourself. That's what the G mask is all about. He would rather not wear it, but since he was hit in the face by a fucking baseball, and wants to protect himself and his livelihood, he got a mask. Why not brand it? The whole players should be sacrificing themselves and spit out cliches all fucking day is boring and romanticized. Get over it. It's not real.

I thought he was a baseball player. 

who said anything about Stanton being the biggest problem on this team?  I'm just saying that instead of opening his mouth and basically saying that the roster is by and large not good enough, maybe he should look in the mirror.  Facts are when this season went to shit in May, Stanton was by and large complete and utter trash. 

Stanton gets the most attention because well, he is the highest paid player.  He is a prima donna, facts are facts. 

He just needs to go out there and be an example for the team to follow, at the very least, not be terrible when things are worst and basically blame all others.

And that's not even the main point of this topic anyway.

Well fuck GS for having an opinion. We've just played in the pennant for the title of the worst team in MLB, and we got beat 3-1. I guess the roster is fine then.

Most people with a baseball brain new Stanton would start slow in 2015. Because he got half his jaw smashed to end 2014. Remember how he used to flinch away from inside pitches? When he stopped doing that, he was back to his best and beyond. I can't remember him blaming anyone but himself when he sucked, admitting that he didn't 'feel right'.

"He is a prima donna, facts are facts."

Too dumb to even comment about.

Guest Vince0926

Only guys i want to see back based on performance this year are realmuto (backup catcher), gillespie (bench), fernandez, gordon, hech, yelich, capps. Thats it. Yes, not even mcgehee, or prado.

thats 7 guys i named. I want 18 more plus a manager and a front office redo. Too much to asked for between october and february.

Guest Vince0926
Too long ago. I think the 1980s marked the start of when the leading sports dudes stopped being purely people who played sports.

dave winfield comes to mind.

Only guys i want to see back based on performance this year are realmuto (backup catcher), gillespie (bench), fernandez, gordon, hech, yelich, capps. Thats it. Yes, not even mcgehee, or prado.

thats 7 guys i named. I want 18 more plus a manager and a front office redo. Too much to asked for between october and february.

Really? You genuinely don't want to see Stanton next year? That's just nuts.