October 5, 201511 yr I was one of the few who was really stoked to acquire Dee Gordon. I never foresaw him having a career year but his speed and energy was an exciting addition. Now that he surpassed expectations to an unbelievable degree, what would you do with him? Do do you think he will continue to perform? It it has to be tempting to a large degree to trade him while his stock is this high. But who could we realistically get?
October 5, 201511 yr I was one of the few who was really stoked to acquire Dee Gordon. I never foresaw him having a career year but his speed and energy was an exciting addition. Now that he surpassed expectations to an unbelievable degree, what would you do with him? Do do you think he will continue to perform? It it has to be tempting to a large degree to trade him while his stock is this high. But who could we realistically get? just because a player has a good year on this team we shouldn't automatically look ot trade them....the object is to collect good players. Dee is probably nigh untouchable. he's our 2b for awhile.
October 5, 201511 yr He is untouchable and Marlins will have extension talks with him this off-season
October 5, 201511 yr Loria has been trying to replicate 2003 for years. So so there is 0 chance they are moving him so they might as well try to extend him and probably overpay in the process, since it's what they do.
October 5, 201511 yr Don't trade Dee, he's probably not as good as his 2015 season, but he's a lot better than I thought he'd be. He's a good piece to have in a lineup and he plays exceptional defense. If he could learn to take a walk now and then and time his stolen base attempts a little better, he'd be an ideal leadoff hitter. He's young, so he may yet learn those things. He's a big part of this team's future and almost certainly has more value on the team than the players he could be traded for. Remember, the Marlins are legendarily bad at trading for prospects so having an established MLB player is almost always preferable. Dee should be extended, but not for some megadeal as players with his skillset tend to decline around 30.
October 5, 201511 yr Trade Dee Gordon? He was worth 4.9 WAR this year, which was tops for NL 2B this year. He played a full season, except for that DL stint which cost him his All-Star game stint, and made only 6 errors at 2B, and is likely to win a Gold Glove to go with his batting title and stolen base title. He was the best 2B in the National League by any metric. With a healthy Yelich and Stanton next year a repeat performance would likely put him well over 100 runs scored (and he probably would have hit that this year but for the injury). The idea is to acquire guys like this, not get rid of them...
October 5, 201511 yr Exactly @bmg42 though if you ask certain people, Dee is on the same level as Kike Hernandez. I'm not kidding. I guess if you think that way, you'd be more inclined to trade him.
October 5, 201511 yr Exactly @bmg42 though if you ask certain people, Dee is on the same level as Kike Hernandez. I'm not kidding. I guess if you think that way, you'd be more inclined to trade him. I'm on the "Dee Gordon is a lot better than Kike Hernandez" team, just in case.
October 5, 201511 yr @Admin close this thread. I mean wtf. it's been an hour and the thread is still open. Admin knows something that we don't.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.