Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mattingly and Dodgers "Part Ways"

Featured Replies

Can Bud Black be our pitching coach????

 

If we're not getting Bowa, I want the world and everything in it!

 

 

I wonder if Loria gets Donnie baseball , how many years will they offered him?

 

 

He's now Miami's #1 target. Of course at this point, nobody knows if Don even wants the gig

 

Of course he is. It's amazing how predictable this organization is.

 

Joe Girardi, Tino Martinez, Don Mattingly

 

 

I wonder if Loria gets Donnie baseball , how many years will they offered him?

 

4 year at least. Probably will easily trump what Maddon makes if they plan on making him highest paid manager.

 

 

For the record, there was nothing wrong with the Girardi signing here regardless of the Yankee fascination.

 

 

Bud Back probably goes to National or Mariners. :(

 

Just to amuse myself these are my 2016 managerial predictions...

 

Mattingly manages the Marlins, Mike Redmond manages the Dodgers, Admin Bowa manages the Nationals, Bo Porter manages the Padres, Dan Jennings manages the Mariners, and Bud Black manages a Wendy's in Scranton, Pennsylvania.

 

 

He wasn't a bad manager, he just was an idiot to give attitude to his boss.  He made the most of that roster.

 

Then there was the whole Josh Johnson thing coming to pitch again after a long rain delay.

 

 

10:39am: Los Angeles will pay Mattingly the salary he was owed for 2016, Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports on Twitter.

 

Double dipping with that money!

 

 

Except that he turned out to be a pretty terrible manager.

 

Curious... can you give me examples of what your consider good managers?

 

 

I wonder if the whole Admin Bowa #1 candidate thing was an elbaorte rouse by marlins FO to get fans like me to actually want someone who I normally would be against like Mattingly to manage just because Admin Bowa is the worst choice in the universe

 

 

I wonder if the whole Admin Bowa #1 candidate thing was an elbaorte rouse by marlins FO to get fans like me to actually want someone who I normally would be against like Mattingly to manage just because Admin Bowa is the worst choice in the universe

 

They would legit hire Bowa if Don wasn't out there

 

 

They would legit hire Bowa if Don wasn't out there

 

and I would legit not root for this team. That guy is a stinkin' lizard. And not the good kind of lizard. I really don't care about mattingly but paying him all that money over say hiring an actual analytics dept with people who know what their doing is probably pretty stupid

 

 

and I would legit not root for this team. That guy is a stinkin' lizard. And not the good kind of lizard. I really don't care about mattingly but paying him all that money over say hiring an actual analytics dept with people who know what their doing is probably pretty stupid

 

LMAO a lizard.

 

 

Now I'm wondering what's "a good kind of lizard."

 

If Mattingly gets overpayed, does that detract from our likely payroll? Do the finances work that way? Or no? Or maybe on the Marlins it does?

 

I feel like if Loria buys a cup of coffee it detracts from the Marlins payroll.

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.