Zero Marlins for 2016 top 100 prospects

Bret Hart

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/163054152/top-100-prospects-rankings

Today it just unveiled top 100 prospects list via mlb.com but as you expected, there is no Marlin.

Sadly Naylor or Kolek wasn't there. I think 2016 Marilns minor depth are one of most thinnest things in Marlins history.

https://t.co/PQu1naJcgM prospects by team sorted by division #Top100Prospects pic.twitter.com/jNLpeO5NHM

— 21 Days (@EvilNeal)

2016년 1월 30일

Yeah I'm not surprised.

Only the Marlins were high on Naylor. Jury is still out on Kolek because he's so young, but he did not look very good in Low A this year.

I'm sure when the org rankings come out this month the Marlins will be between 28th and 30th. This is what happens when you put so little effort into the draft and trade away Comp Pick slots, as well as mentioned doing nothing internationally. They've made it clear through Loria's tenure that they are not willing to pay competitively to get actual international talent.

To add insult to injury, the Astros' #2 prospect now, Frances Martes, came from the Marlins in the Cosart deal.

Naylor actually  is being overlooked in my opinion but Kolek appears to be regressing instead of improving there lies the failures of this FO in that they are failing in the development of the little talent they have, Martes is just the tip of the iceberg, Heaney success as an Angel should not go unnoticed, it wasn't just by chance he all of a sudden became a better pitcher in another organization. I know these occurrences happen in all baseball organizations but with the Marlins it seems to be much more common. They are having a huge problem in the development of much of their young talent  lately. I know we have Fernandez , Stanton and Yelich that were uber prospects but they were going to be superstars no matter the situation. I think  the problem was coming from the top it's more philosophical than operational but I could be wrong it could be both

Naylor actually  is being overlooked in my opinion but Kolek appears to be regressing instead of improving there lies the failures of this FO in that they are failing in the development of the little talent they have, Martes is just the tip of the iceberg, Heaney success as an Angel should not go unnoticed, it wasn't just by chance he all of a sudden became a better pitcher in another organization. I know these occurrences happen in all baseball organizations but with the Marlins it seems to be much more common. They are having a huge problem in the development of much of their young talent  lately. I know we have Fernandez , Stanton and Yelich that were uber prospects but they were going to be superstars no matter the situation. I think  the problem was coming from the top it's more philosophical than operational but I could be wrong it could be both

Kolek should be tons better this year. A lot of his problem was no secondary stuff. He's been working on it all offseason and apparently has produced a really good changeup and third pitch slider.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

So Kolek isn't even a top 200 prospect now? Would've assumed he'd stay in the top 100 just based on his age and being able to throw 100 MPH. But I agree that he's got a long uphill battle to become a top prospect again.

The system is going to be really hard to follow next year. Outside of guys like Naylor/Garrett/Woods I'm not sure who I'm looking forward to watching. The farm is incredibly rough shape. Really wish we would've found a way to sign Matt Krook regardless of the injury a little while back. A guy like him would've helped give the Marlins a top pitching prospect to tout at least.