8/14 Post Game

Rodney needs to get his shit together but a finish like this one is gonna give them some momentum heading into Cincinnati. And I know our season looks bleak with all our issues but this team could be back in a playoff spot tonight with some help from the Cubs. With a good week in Cincinnati and Pittsburgh they're right back in this. Play hard and play smart, prove that the last two weeks were just a blip on the radar.

I was on such a high 10 minutes ago with that fantastic throw by Yelich. Getting a win after the terrible loss last night and injury news earlier today felt like a boost to the team to remain in contention however this Stanton news is completely deflating. Can see us bombing over the last month and a half and finishing well under .500.

The good:

Tom Koehler really salvaged this series between pitching decently and driving in two against an elite pitcher.

Some good defense, and Ozuna and Hech had two hits each.

The bad:

Yelich had a bad day (except for that throw).  Rodney was scary.

We are really going to have to scrape for runs now without Stanton (and Bour).  I feel like we are toast...but I hope they prove me wrong.

The good:

Tom Koehler really salvaged this series between pitching decently and driving in two against an elite pitcher.

Some good defense, and Ozuna and Hech had two hits each.

The bad:

Yelich had a bad day.  Rodney was scary.

We are really going to have to scrape for runs now without Stanton (and Bour).  I feel like we are toast...but I hope they prove me wrong.

Oh, we are toast. No ifs, ands or buts.

What really pisses me the hell off is we were healthy ALL YEAR, and then in the middle of the heat of the pennant race, the injuries that derail us every damn year rear their ugly heads again.

I'm sick of this shit.

Everyone of you saying this season is toast.

Man, you know I am one of the most optimistic people here, but I don't see how we are going to consistently score runs without Stanton and Bour. And being pissed about bad luck (because that's exactly what this is) has nothing to do with thinking about next year.