A Letter from Vince to all of you...

SilverBullet

To Marlinsbaseball.com and its members,

I want to express my deepest sympathies for the tragic loss. As some of you know, I was trying to “celebrate” my 30th birthday yesterday so while opening presents, I heard Rich’s call during Gordon’s home run and immediately reverted to doing what I was doing just 15 minutes prior….crying alongside my wife in our couch. Guys, we all have been frustrated with this team as we have endured many tough games, moments, and emotions during the Marlins’ existence. Yesterday, yet again, proves why baseball means something in all of our hearts. Jose Fernandez WAS the Marlins. He WAS Miami, and in many respects he STILL IS the Marlins and STILL IS Miami and forever will be.

As everyone knew on the site, I am very big on numbers and superstitions. Jose passed in 2016…wore number 16…won 16 games…had a 2.86 ERA (2 + 8 + 6 = 16)…passed away on 9/25 (9 + 2 + 5 = 16) and 25 – 9 = 16. More than ever and forever moving forward, Jose Fernandez IS the number 16. The 16th letter of the alphabet is “P” which you will always find next to his name on box scores that he was a part of. Perhaps its fate. We will never know why or for what reasons things happen until we reach the afterlife.

The two-run double given up yesterday by the Marlins is meaningful as well. Jose would have looked at Asdrubal Cabrera, smiled and said “ha, you got me” and let out a wide grin. This is the type of player he was – win or lose.

The news was broken to me by Dennis (Silver Bullet) and huge shout outs go to (Senen) Sdg210 and Michael as well for helping me with grief and of course my parents who reside just a mile away from the stadium. Regardless of what has happened or whatever it was that was said, we all comforted each other in some way. It is almost an extension of family that I have with many individuals on the site. I even miss the ones that maybe I didn’t see eye to eye with.  I remember even telling Jose about the website and the ball he gave me in May on what other date…but May 16th of all dates.

This morning has been tough for me as I had to step away from work for about 10 minutes and be consoled by a co-worker. I find today even tougher than the last two days. I will be firmly in attendance this coming Friday when the Marlins play their first road game since this horrific tragedy and of course be proud and amped for the Marlins’ opener here on April 3rd, this time with a Fernandez jersey or shirt.

While we are hurting, we will get through this. I feel we need to pass certain hurdles to help us cope, so you can imagine how the team feels. Their first road game, first date of spring training, the season opener, the home opener, the All-Star Game, and of course July 31st, where he would have been turning only 25. 2017: Every game, every day, every play…the Jose Way.

Thank you and God Bless with love,

Vince

Seriously? Negative and political now? Not cool dude.

I'm sorry for stating Vince acted like a dick on this board. I'm fine with his Jose comments. They were nice. But he was the opposite of a numbers guy on here. Cool or not he's the one that said it.